Who here is a fan of Steins;Gate? Did you know a lot more of it is heading West in 2018?
In 2009 developers 5pb. and Nitroplus launched the original Steins;Gate, a sci-fi visual novel game about a group of young students who discover a way to manipulate the past via E-mail. Their experiments start out innocently enough, but as is par for the course with experiments involving time, they get in way over their heads.
Steins;Gate was such a hit that it branched out into manga, drama CDs, a movie, a live action stage play, and an anime. It shouldn’t surprise anyone that a sequel to the original game is on the way. Dubbed Steins;Gate 0, it introduces a new cast of characters while retaining many of the cast members from the first game — albeit in an alternate situation.
- STEINS;GATE 0 continues the time travelling theme – but adds artificial intelligence as its central hook
- Help a group of young students bend time to their will and prevent the onset of World War 3
- Beautiful artwork and engaging story for an unforgettable experience
- Tells the story of an ‘Alternate Worldline’ – what happens if players failed the original story
- Interact with the story using your smart phone – answering (or not!) your phone, and your responses, will determine the outcome to the story
And speaking of the first game, a remake is coming later in 2018 in the form of Steins;Gate Elite. This new version integrates the novel’s story with the anime to create an interactive animated experience. New animated sequences have been created for the game’s alternate endings.
In the more immediate future, Steins;Gate 0 will be out on Steam May 8. If you already own the original Steins;Gate on Steam, you’ll be given a 10% discount, which is nice. In addition, an anime based on the new game will begin streaming in America soon courtesy of Funimation.The thread view count is