Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V Season One Talkback

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

DonkeyKongSong

May 26, 2003
Ratings
128 1
Virginia
I thought that you had to be a subscriber to watch anything on Hulu nowadays. It kind of makes sense given how many shows are available there and many people tend to watch TV shows through Hulu and/or Netflix, but for someone like me who would rather just sit through commercials to watch a show, it was a bit disappointing.
You do to watch it through the official Hulu.com site, but some series, including DM, GX, 5D's, and ZEXAL can be views through View.Yahoo.com without subscribing. In the case of the first four Yu-Gi-Oh! series themselves, you can watch them through Yugioh.com without subscribing either. You also can't watch them on your TV without subscribing though.

And just to let anyone know, this is NOT considered illegal streaming. This was made because some content providers want some of their shows to be views for free, as Hulu was initially intended for.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20160808005276/en/

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
Ratings
In a Dream World
You do to watch it through the official Hulu.com site, but some series, including DM, GX, 5D's, and ZEXAL can be views through View.Yahoo.com without subscribing. In the case of the first four Yu-Gi-Oh! series themselves, you can watch them through Yugioh.com without subscribing either. You also can't watch them on your TV without subscribing though.

And just to let anyone know, this is NOT considered illegal streaming. This was made because some content providers want some of their shows to be views for free, as Hulu was initially intended for.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20160808005276/en/
I didn't know that. That's pretty nice for those who don't want to subscribe to Hulu to watch these series. I guess that since Arc V is the most recent dubbed series, they wanted to make it exclusive to subscribers. The first four series have been up there for a long time, so relying on revenues from the commercials for those series makes sense. I do kind of miss watching series on Hulu though, but I'm pretty content with sticking with Crunchyroll for the time being too.

May 26, 2003
Ratings
128 1
Virginia
So, it looks like all of Season 2 is available on Google Play, iTunes, Amazon Instant, and what else have you. Season 3 is actually teased on Google Play, with all the dub titles revealed (even the ones that haven't aired in CA or AU), but you can't buy it yet. I'm a bit surprised, because Season 1 was made available as it aired on Nicktoons (skipping ahead when DVDs came out).

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
Ratings
In a Dream World
So, it looks like all of Season 2 is available on Google Play, iTunes, Amazon Instant, and what else have you. Season 3 is actually teased on Google Play, with all the dub titles revealed (even the ones that haven't aired in CA or AU), but you can't buy it yet. I'm a bit surprised, because Season 1 was made available as it aired on Nicktoons (skipping ahead when DVDs came out).
I'm glad that season two is already available on other digital formats. I was happily surprised when they uploaded the first two seasons on Hulu. Considering that they're already showing a sneak peek at the Vrains dub with the Pyramid of Light movie showings, they're probably just about done dubbing Arc V, if they haven't finished the series already. I just wonder when they'll have the third season available online since that's a much better way for people to follow the dub than watching it on Nicktoons.

DonkeyKongSong

May 26, 2003
Ratings
128 1
Virginia
So, while Yu-Gi-Oh! may not be having the best of luck with TV deals in the US, in terms of streaming, things have exploded!

- Unfortunately ZEXAL is off Netflix, as is the Bonds Beyond Time movie. But to make up for it, all of DM and Season 1 of ARC-V is on Netflix.
- Also, most of GX Season 1 (Episode 51 is skipped) and all of 5D's dubbed are uploaded to the official Yu-Gi-Oh! (YES, IT IS OFFICIAL AND LEGAL) YouTube account. That account also seems to have ARC-V Seasons 1 and 2, but it's private.
- EDIT: Never mind. While all of GX (Season 1) is available, all of 5D's beyond episode 6 is blocked in the US... HUH?!
- Amazon Prime also has all of DM and Season 1 of ARC-V
- Bonds Beyond Time and 5D's are still on Tubi TV, which also added all of DM and ARC-V Season 1

I hope Tubi or YouTube adds Season 2 of ARC-V soon, or it becomes available to non-subscribers on Hulu so US viewers can see it without a trial or subscription. I also am confused as to why 5D's is blocked on YouTube in the US.

And remember, the dub count for Season 5 of DM includes Capsule Monsters, between Grand Championship and Dawn of the Duel.

Still keeping an eye out for anything concerning Pyramid of Light. I'm sure it'll get a rerelase under Cinedigm soon, but hopefully it'll stream as well.

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
Ratings
In a Dream World