Yu Gi Oh Arc V dub will come to Hulu

Discussion in 'The Anime Forum' started by aegisrawks, Jan 31, 2018.

1. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  2. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well it is nice that the series will get on Hulu. I don't know why it took them this long to do it or how putting the episodes on iTunes was considered a better alternative, but at least it will be up there. I don't know how many episodes they could upload at once. Going for just one or two episodes a week would be too slow, especially when the first season took nearly two years to air on Nicktoons as it is. This should provide a legal way for people to watch season two dubbed, which is pretty nice.

I just wish that they had decided to make the series Hulu exclusive instead of sticking with Nicktoons in the first place. Clearly, Nicktoons isn't helping the series or the franchise in the slightest. Even Hulu would be an upgrade by this point.

3. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

Congrats to Yu Gi Oh dub fans.

4. Zeether

Zeether HASSHA!!

So I guess Vrains will be distributed that way if a dub happens too?

5. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think that the series will still end up on Nicktoons unfortunately. One of the reasons why Nicktoons claimed that they had to skip season two was because a new series was going to premiere in the fall. That could be referring to Vrains, even though they wouldn't need to finish Arc V in order to get to the newest series. They never aired all of Zexal and went on to air Arc V. Plus, as much as I think 4K Media/Konami should make the series online exclusive at this point, they probably would still want to keep the series on TV, even though Nicktoons clearly isn't helping them to promote the cards. Crunchyroll or Netflix would be a better way to release the dub due to covering an International audience, but even Hulu only reaching a U.S. audience would be better than Nicktoons at this point.

Admittedly, this wouldn't bother me as much as their treatment towards Arc V does. Vrains is quite possibly my new least favorite series in the franchise, or at least on the fast track to reaching that rank, while I love Arc V immensely. It will still be annoying to see them treat Vrains poorly since that would prevent another spin-off series from getting more attention and it will still be bad if they take long breaks and/or never air the whole series on their schedule, but it won't sting quite as badly for me personally speaking. I doubt that I'll be watching the Vrains dub not only because of my issues with the series itself, but also because I don't want to support Nicktoons airing the series at this point.

6. SuperFan2024

SuperFan2024 Shoo fly.

Nicktoons is almost a dead station. Just move Yu-Gi-Oh as a whole to the more popular Hulu.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. jaylop97

jaylop97 Nickelodeon Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It was going to be on Hulu eventually since Hulu has most of the other Yu-Gi-Oh seasons, glad they got it there.

8. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I wish. Even putting the series on Crunchyroll would be better. They already have subs for most of the series, so putting in dub episodes would probably attract a good amount of attention there. Crunchyroll mainly has subs, but including dub premieres would be good and they could go for a weekly premiere rate there as well.

It took them a lot longer to put Arc V on Hulu though. I wasn't even sure if they were going to do it considering that the first dub season is available on iTunes. I forget when other series were put up on Hulu, but I don't think it took them quite this long to do it.

9. honorableninja

Oh thank god arc v is heading to Hulu and leaving nicktoons hopefully it means the remaining dvd sets will be released soon as well.

10. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I don't think that Arc V is leaving Nicktoons. As much as I would want that, it would make their decision to skip season two even more nonsensical if they still didn't air the rest of the series. Granted, there's a pretty good chance that they aren't going to air all of season three given their track record, but I think that they're just using Hulu to upload episodes from the first two seasons. I hope that they can get season two legally available before the DVD sets come out.