"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 29 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Harlequinn

Harlequinn Joker's Henchman

The discussion wasn't about LGBT people in animation in general, that user made that one off derailing post. I was reminding them of proper etiquette pertaining to talking about marginalized groups of people because it appears that the moderators were unable to do so.

Super excited to see that Outsiders might debut in the fall though!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I know the discussion wasn't about it in general. Yet. Hence why I started my sentence with "If" in anticipation of.

It's not that we were unable to. We try to give some leeway with certain things. Either a member reports another member's post and the moderator takes care of it that day or a member doesn't report and we let him or her try to resolve things in the thread with the other member. After a few posts, I made the call that it wasn't going to resolve.

EDIT: Weisman says 4th Quarter 2018.

• Agree Agree x 1
    #142 Yojimbo, Dec 28, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  3. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

In response to these, I do apologize if I hurt anyone by using "a" word. I gave my thoughts on what that word is defined as, no one has given me an alternative. I believe it's up to the mods to determine if a link to suppositories articles should be posted at all. If it garners attention of any hot button issues, maybe not. At this time, you can see just like in the real world we have divided thoughts, even amongst those who seemingly are aligned and united. I will hereby be a little more careful of my post as it seems we all must.

Have a HAPPY NEW YEAR![​IMG]

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. 2010GT4.6V8

2010GT4.6V8 New Member

hate to ask again but any news on when the DC streaming service will be coming?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

No, no news. It's only the 6th day of the year.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Boomerangfan101

Boomerangfan101 Can You Not!

No but we do know for sure that Season 3 is coming in fourth quarter 2018

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Marvelman02

Marvelman02 Active Member

I hate to say it but I suspect there will be a dearth of info regarding Outsiders until SDCC '18. Greg is notoriously tight-lipped about upcoming projects.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Per roundtable interview this PM (DC in D.C. 2018), Bruce Greenwood has been asked to reprise Batman for Young Justice S3. He has not recorded his lines yet, as there is another project he’s been tied up with. He may be able to get away to do them by the end of the month.

Little doubt in my mind this would happen, but figured it was worth passing on.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Harlequinn

Harlequinn Joker's Henchman

I doubt that Batman doesn't show up until the end of the season, so this pretty much tells us that while a lot of voice work has been recorded, not everyone has recorded for even early episodes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm actually kind of surprised they didn't have Greenwood record anything while he was recording for Gotham by Gaslight :sweat:.

• Like Like x 1
  11. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Actually, from what I understand from tonight, Gaslight was recorded around a year ago - before Young Justice S3 was even announced. So.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Or the Justice League could have a smaller role. I mean, just getting enough screentime for all the members of the Team there could be will be a chore. YJ was always a populated show but another season means more new characters.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The Team doesn't look like it'll have as much of a roster shakeup as it did in season 2 (that we know about anyways), but Young Justice has always had a habit of rapidly expanding the cast :sweat:.

I think the only Justice Leaguer who's probably guaranteed the most screentime is whoever the current chairman is, since they also generally liaison with the Team, but we have no idea who that might be.

14. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Ha ha, exactly while the transfer of power scene between Captain Atom and Black Canary was amusing -- I was equally bummed because we don't get to see her tenure. I'm hoping it's someone who was in the background for awhile like Hawkwoman or Wonder Woman. But Maggie Q might be harder schedule-wise since I think she's on the Designated Survivor show on ABC whereas Hawkwoman isn't officially cast.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm almost tempted to think it might be Superman since Nolan North was apparently recording pretty early, which is pretty flimsy at best, but it's anyone guess who it would be since we have no idea how the order of succession for the Chairmanship works :confused:.

I think it would be interesting and kind of full-circle if a former Team member who joined the League, like Zatanna or Rocket, were in charge of the League :cool:.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Whoever wants to be the next leader nominates themself then the JL votes.

I like that idea a lot. Makes sense to me.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Now I want to know the history of the League Chairmanship...

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Welcome to the club. :p

• Like Like x 2
  19. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It's not much, but around the 5:08 minutes mark in this video, Paul Giacoppo mentioned he wrote for Young Justice. I kind of figured they would try and get back most of the writers from the first two seasons. I don't remember off-hand if his return was already confirmed.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

Maybe the Batman we'll hear for most of the season until he officially starts recording will be comprised of dialogue he recorded in Under The Red Hood and the first two seasons (much like how season 3 of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse primarily used dialogue that Wayne Allwine already recorded for Mickey prior to his death) .

• Like Like x 1