"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 27 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by Yojimbo, Aug 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WebMasterSage

WebMasterSage Obey the Pecking Order.

If they Recast Savage (Which Likely they Will), Travis Willingham would be a perfect Replacement.

2. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Weisman confirmed Barbara attended Gotham Academy on scholarship and she has no siblings.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I wonder if Bruce Wayne had a hand in that scholarship, trying to help out his pal Jim Gordon :rolleyes2:?

That no-sibling thing is probably for the best given recent updates to James Jr. :sweat:.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

A foregone conclusion, imo, but good to know - ahead of The Walking Dead's premiere, Khary Payton confirmed he will return as Aqualad.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Harlequinn

Harlequinn Joker's Henchman

I figure just about everyone that can will reprise their roles. The main cast was especially pushing for the show's revival

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I imagine we'll definitely get the team back, and any of the major VA's and professional voice actors who were part of the cast, though given how wide and eclectic the voice cast for Young Justice was, it'll be interesting to see if they can get everybody back (sans Miguel Ferrer, unfortunately).

I know there are plenty of VA's I'm looking forward to hearing in their YJ's roles again...

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

I'm a bit curious as to what the rating for season 3 could be. Samurai Jack, whose first 4 seasons were TV-Y7, is getting a fifth season that's TV-14, which is the TV equivalent of a PG-13 rating. Young Justice's first 2 seasons, in contrast to Jack's first 4 seasons, are rated a little higher at PG.

On the one hand, it's possible to pull a Harry Potter and have a TV-14 rated season 3, just like how the later HP films were rated PG-13 instead of PG due to growing up with the fanbase and wrapping up the story. On the other hand, Young Justice was initially cancelled due to low merchandise sales, which is the common reason most action shows, which primarily air on kids networks and are usually made with them in mind to some capacity, are usually cancelled.

Just to be clear, I'm NOT asking for season 3 to get a TV-14 rating. I just want to know if it's possible for season 3 to get that TV-14 rating given that Samurai Jack, whose early seasons were rated lower than YJ's first 2 seasons, is taking a huge jump at a TV-14 for its last season.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 2
  9. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

And thank goodness for that ;).

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Harlequinn

He also confirmed on Twitter that they'd be full length episodes. I don't have a link but it was right in that timeframe when season 3 was announced in November.

• Like Like x 1
  11. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think Justice League Action proves that you can do a lot in 11 minutes, but it's nice to know Young Justice will most likely follow the same format as before (though I still wonder how many episodes will be ordered for Season 3).

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Though now that I think about it, 11-minute Earth-16 content in a DC Showcase format and centered around multiple characters would be pretty cool :cool:.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I would love an All-Star Squadron mini series in that format. Pick several covert ops they conducted during World War II. Maybe even from young Wonder Woman's POV. As well as stuff from the time skip years, a one and done mission just to see certain heroes in action like Jason Todd or the Marvels.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Marvelman02

Marvelman02 Active Member

15. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The only way Weisman and co. could bolster an already sizeable cast is by getting into the Legion :p.

16. Marvelman02

I hope if they do introduce the Legion they focus on legionnaires who have not been large roles in other series (e.g.) Wildfire, Lightning Lass, Element Lad, Ultra Boy, Princess Projectra/Sensor Girl, Shadow Lass... (etc.). I wouldn't mind seeing newer characters like Thunder and XS.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Harlequinn

I recall Weisman talking about the possibility of them doing a "flashback" arc over the years. I think that would be brilliant. Fill in the gaps and tie it into current stories. Could end up being very emotional as well considering a few of them are dead now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

Considering that according to Greg Weisman, they were still "in pre-pre-production" as of a couple of weeks ago, I wonder if this means that they've been planning for a lot of episodes... Say, 26? Trying to be optimistic.

http://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/search.php?qid=21838

19. Harlequinn

Anything less than 20 is going to be a let down honestly. There's just too many characters and too many plot lines. I do hope WBA understands that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Marvelman02

new/old spoiler...

In this old post Greg states the Wonder Twins will appear in season 3: http://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/search.php?qid=18430.

I can't say Zan & Jayna would have been my first picks for new cast members, but five years ago Artemis wouldn't have been either. So, , I guess it could good... maybe?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.