You think Spider-Man (1994) will ever get a box set release?

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

May 17, 2006
Ratings
New Jersey
I know it's redundant, but I've been following the situation for years. Back in 2005, as a HS sophomore I decided that I wanted to collect all of my favorite childhood cartoons on DVD, so that I could pop them in at any time and watch them on my big ole living room TV, and so I did over the next few years, with the exception of a few for various reasons. Obviously Spider-Man has a fragmented history of VHS/DVD releases, but there's never been an official release, and it's one of the greatest cartoons ever made imo.

Will it EVER be released or do the region 2 bootlegs look like a better option? I know it was rerun on Toon Disney nine years ago, yeah I was eager to watch it again, and if it were shown on TV again, I feel it would explode in popularity and Disney would have to release it. Seriously, Spider-Man for PS4 is coming out in the fall. I'll be very angry if a box set is never released and then I'll be forced to cave in and buy the DVD bootleg set, which has some pretty sweet cover art for the box and discs btw.

Freddy

Aug 1, 2012
Ratings
Sorry if I'm misunderstanding what you are talking about, but the region 2 box set is an official release, not a bootleg. Clearvision released dvd box sets of pretty much all of the Marvel cartoons from 60's to 90's in Europe, and I happen to own most of them.

May 17, 2006
Ratings
New Jersey
I hope to goodness that they do release the whole series in a box set on DVD and Blu-ray.
Same, I can't express how badly I want to own it. It comes across my mind a couple of times every week. What a stellar show...

I'd say it's unlikely there will be a Region 1 release of the series; Disney moved away from releasing Marvel animation on DVD/Blu-ray back in 2014.
Darn... I guess the region 2 release that Freddy's talking about will have to be the go to. I'm just gonna see if my DVD player and PS4 are region locked. Sadly, I believe they are, but I'm not opposed to shelling out $$$ for something that can play region 2 DVDs at this point. I've been waiting and waiting, but I realized last night that you guys are probably right. It's a total travesty. :sad:

Mod Note: Double Post merged. Please use the Edit button instead of posting multiple times in a row.

Last edited by a moderator:

Joe Wagner

The one, true Scarlet Spider!
Jan 18, 2002
Ratings
Beacon of Freedom
www.toonzone.net
If you're looking for a R1 release, you're likely out of luck. Disney has shown no interest in releasing season sets of any of their programs and there are many that they stopped partway (Gargoyles comes to mind as Season 3 has never been released). If you're looking for the 90's Marvel Series, the UK is likely going to be the best place to start. I have Spider-Man, Spider-Man Unlimited, Silver Surfer and the Hulk from the first releases and all of them are of good quality. Australia has also had some Marvel releases (R4), including an Ultimate Spider-Man set containing all four seasons. If you have any questions or need photos, let me know.

Ultra8

Now all I/You can do
Oct 11, 2002
Ratings
Nebula-M78
Visit site
In a perfect world yes, or at least back when Marvel still handled the video/dvd side of things. Like others have said, Disney is notorious for their handling of their tv releases.

At this point your options are either importing from a country that got a full release or box set or the "Muppet Babies/Adam West Batman(before last year) Approach" .
One can be expensive and the other requires Napster levels of questionable.

Last edited:

Joe Wagner

The one, true Scarlet Spider!
Jan 18, 2002
Ratings
Beacon of Freedom
www.toonzone.net
Not a good example, because this is widely hated.
Agreed, it was just the first one that came to mind. If I recall, there was a long delay between S2 Part 1 and Season 2 Part 2. After that, Disney completely ignored all animated series for any DVD/Blu-Ray releases. I would love to see them do something with Tron: Uprising and all of the Marvel content they control the rights to, but it doesn't look likely, at least stateside.