Yogi Bear feature in the works, BUT....

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by Silverstar, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Tobias

Tobias Who you gonna call?

I hope this leads to a release of Yogi's Treasure Hunt on DVD, or at least the 80's produced episodes. It'd be nice to have Yogi get some of his series to DVD to hype the movie.

2. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I just saw the trailer and poster for the first time and this is what I have to say about Yogi and Boo Boo: they look so adorable. That was seriously the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the picture with Yogi and Boo Boo lying by the picnic. The CGI looked really nice and improved over the Chipmunks since they looked a tad creepy to me before I got used to their design. I almost wanted to hug them as I was watching the trailer. They looked that cute to me. It probably helps that I think most actual bears are cute too, but I think that CGI really works for them.

As for the voices, I agree that Dan Aykroyd's voice for Yogi was a hit or miss during the trailer, but hopefully he improves as the movie goes on. I was surprised at how well Justin Timberlake was with his voice for Boo Boo. He is a talented singer and all, but I never would have expected him to pull off a great Boo Boo voice since he has used his regular voice in all of his other projects. That was pretty cool. I can kind of see Tom Cavanagh pulling off a decent Ranger Smith, although I thought that they would have gone for someone a bit older. Still, he has been pretty funny in some of the roles I've seen him in and he had a couple of funny lines in the trailer, so I could see him working.

Even though I've gotten a pretty good first impression with this movie, I'm still not sure if I'll actually see it in theaters. I just rarely go to theaters. Up until this summer, I hadn't seen a movie in theaters in about five years. It could be a fun movie to watch during my winter break, but I'll wait until there's some reviews for it. At the very least, I'm sure that I'll either rent it when it comes out on DVD or watch it on TV since it looks like a fun and cute movie to watch.

3. DisneyFan

DisneyFan Very Avid Rainbow Dash Fan

I love the Alvin and the Chipmunks CGI so I really wanna see this. It's amazing how well Timberlake did that voice. Are you sure he didn't have computers to help? That's how spot on his Boo-Boo impression really was. This is the type of movie which I'd really love to see. All though I wouldn't go by the reviews. I just had to take one look at the trailer and knew the critics would hate it and I would love it. I really don't see how it would get much better reviews then the Alvin and the Chipmunks CGI, The Garfield CGI, The Scooby Doo CGI, Marmaduke. For some movies I can just tell RT will give a movie a bad review. And unfortunately I think this might be the case here. I am expecting a 40 percent or below from them for this movie. But, I don't care I am still gonna see this.

4. Steve Carras

Steve Carras SUGAR RUSH!!!!

I wished that Yogi's Treasure Hunt had Baba Looey.

BTW 80s episodes..I hope that the 2nd-4th season would be one [the 1st, from Huck have been on DVD since 11/08/05].

5. Steve Carras

I think Seann W."Stifler" Scott would be a superb and dandy Yogi!

6. Steve Carras

The tagline ["Life's a pic-a-nic basket" is borrowed from Earl Kress. It is his book titlte.]

"Anna Ferris"...I had forggotten that she was going to be in this. She should do a voice as she did in Sony's Cloudy, as she has a good air helium voice.:p

7. Zen Man

Zen Man Active Member

Is Cindy in the movie? Then again it might be a good idea if she wasn't, as the producers might feel she's too 'old-fashioned' for today's audience thus changing her....I don't know.

8. wikawaka

wikawaka Member

To be honest I was a little wary of this film once I head of it due to not being too keen on the chipmunks LA films.

But, yogi & booboo look as they should do (more or less) and booboos voice is perfect :eek: wow, I would have expected Dan to have nailed his part rather than Justin. Im not saying Dan is bad but I think the voice needs a little more work. (from what was heard in the trailer)

Can't say I like the actor who plays ranger smith, I don't think he looks the part. Who is he anyway? :sweat: And lookie..... we have a potential love interest in the movie too! Why do film companies feel the need to do this? They did it to Dave in the first Garfield film and now Smithy-boy. :shrug:

Otherwise it looks good so I'll look into it when its on DVD to rent or pay-per-view on TV.

9. Darklordavaitor

Darklordavaitor Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I was expecting her to appear in the potential sequel, myself, like how the Chipettes were saved for Alvin 2.

10. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo Good Morning!

That's what I was thinking. The film's producers probably want to save Cindy for sequel...assuming that this movie does well enough to warrant a sequel, that is.

11. Aquadementia

Aquadementia That's a lot of Mulaney!
    Staff Member Moderator

Looks like it’s on par with all other movies of it’s ilk.

Why haven’t all of you lowered your expectations by now!!!!!
    That may be the real problem. There's a bad attitude out there. If someone wants to do it right and make something they can be proud of, they're going nowhere.

12. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

Well, another movie poster is out and uhhhh...yeah. Click spoiler button to see for yourself.

[​IMG]

13. Animationerd

Animationerd Sweet Dreams LOL

:ack::eek: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

I had a brief moment where I thought, "Don't click the link. Don't click the link..." But then curiosity got the best of me and proved, as it often does, that old sayings about cats sometimes have some weight to them. Lord, I hope that image doesn't show up in my dreams, I need to go watch some horror movies or something to try to scrub out those glassy doll eyes.

The horror...

15. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm not liking Dan Ackroyd's Yogi voice. If this film can help resuscitate animation for Yogi and other H-B properties like the first two Scooby movies (of which I wasn't too fond of) helped do for that then I won't mind this so much. I surely hope that it's a little more respectful to the original material than those Scooby movies were though.

16. Blankments

Blankments The Sparkle Rises!

Am I the only one who thinks this looks like Yogi is eating Boo Boo? It kind of creeps me out.

17. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The only part about the poster that bothers me is the extreme close-up. It just feels a bit too forced to me. It's almost like they're coming too close to my personal space too. Yogi's eyes also might be a bit creepy, maybe because of how wide they are, but that's about it. I think the other poster was better and cuter. Though, to be fair, I do like the details we see in their CGI. Even their noses look detailed.

18. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

Gah, I just noticed Yogi's teeth! They look like vampire teeth!

19. Zen Man

Zen Man Active Member

That second promotional poster is creepy. Do they have to be so close? :eek:

I'm sure we'll get more trailer's/sneak previews so people can get a better idea of what the movie is like.

20. Daxdiv

Daxdiv Does this look like the face of mercy?

You are not alone, I thought it looked like he was eating Boo Boo. Still kind of creepy, I just hope that isn't the poster I see whenever I go into a movie theater.