X2 DVD Release & Cover Details?

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Wonder Woman, Jun 29, 2003.

1. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Rogue Squadron

No Singer commentary on x2=no me buying x2

They won't get me *this* time!

2. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

Heh - I hear ya! I too bought the first X-Men DVD, then bought X-Men 1.5. I think the X-Men 2 set will be packed full and do 1.5 justice. And I really liked the commentary on the first movie, and hope to see onthe second, superior movie.

3. The Penguin

The Penguin All Hail the King!
    Staff Member Moderator

I think it would be great if Brian Peck (the guy buying a hot dog from Stan Lee in X1) rejoined Singer for the X2 commentary. Singer said he doesn't like to do them by himself and I think the consistency of having Peck back again would just be cool.

That or maybe John Ottman the composer. Man, the soundtrack is great! :cool:

4. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Active Member

Can I ask you something? What is so great about commentary? I don't know about you, but I cannot sit there, and watch a movie listening to someone talk about what they did for that scene or something. Especially if it is a 2 hr movie. I did it with Batman Beyond RotJ, and got bored about 2 mins. Plus I dont know who could stand watching Lord of the Rings with commentary on.

5. JDuncan

JDuncan Active Member

I like audio commentaries when they're educational or entertaining. I can see how some might not like audio commentaries, but I think that they add a whole new dimension to the film.

6. Cyclops

Cyclops Active Member

I agree. I love hearing stories about the production, as well as the candid thoughts, discussions, and stuff that never got shot, etc. Some commentaries are frightfully boring, but there are some great commentaries out there, like commentaries on any Kevin Smith movie, or the Fight Club commentary. Even the commentary on X-Men is pretty good.

7. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Rogue Squadron

I enjoy them if they are funny (any Kevin Smith movie, Criterion Armageddon) or insightful (Field of Dreams, Apollo 13). I feel like they add a lot to the movie for me.

While I do have longer movie editions with commentaries (Pearl Harbor, LOTR:FOTR) I haven't listened to them as it's hard to devote 3hrs+ to watching a movie with commentary when my better half doesn't really enjoy them.

8. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Active Member

Kevin Smith??? Ares??? Isn't he dead?

As for commentaries, I wouldn't mind them if they were during a making of the movie and showing all the sketches and stuff like that, but if I have a movie playing, I'd like to watch the movie.

9. Silent Bob

Silent Bob Guest

Nope - this is other Kevin Smith, who directed films such as Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma, and Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back. Funny man and a helluva writer.

As for commentaries, I watch those after I've watched the movie at least once on DVD. I just love hearing all the information, and they make great companion peices to the featurettes, documentaries, and various galleries. I hope Fox announces this DVD soon. I'm anxious to see the extras.

10. Sketch

Sketch not like those other old guys

Awsome I loved both movies, but don't have the first on DVD so I'll buy the 4 disc set! Thank you Fox you know how to make a DVD set!

11. The Drizzle

The Drizzle BARRY! =(

I hope the 4 disc set doesn't have anything that isn't on the individual X-Men 1.5 and X2 releases. I'm not buying the first movie again. :shrug:

12. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

The idea is you've watched the film and the commentary talks you through the making. The best thing to do is have it on while doing something else like a radio show, but you can be part watching it at the same time. I find this method is rather relaxing. Or is that just me? :p

13. Cyclops

Cyclops Active Member

I like the commentaries myself, and I have no problem with listening to them. I have something to watch on the screen while I listen to the discussions. Commentaries can be so engrossing, too.

Come on, Fox, announce the extras, already!

14. Silent Bob

Silent Bob Guest

Fight Club, another Fox release, has one of the best commentaries ever recorded. A great, fun, and vibrant conversation.

As for X-Men 2, I'd like to see some of the cast get in on the action. I remember that Fox originally announced Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellan would also be doing a commentary for X-Men 1.5. Maybe that commentary will be moved to X-Men 2. Directors and producers give good commentaries, but so do the stars, too.

15. Cyclops

Cyclops Active Member

It seems like we got alot of commentary fans. If the mods don't mind, I'm gonna spin that into it's own thread.

Back to the X2 DVD, I think it's going to be hard to top the X-Men 1.5 DVD, because there was so much information in there. It has the potential to, though. Hell, it could rival Daredevil as the best Fox DVD of the year.