"X-Men: Dark Phoenix" Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
10,913 45
Sherman Oaks CA
More focus on the women of X-Men and the movie is said to pass the Bechdel test.
I know the X-Films have been criticized for not doing justice to the X-Ladies compared to the comics, so it'll be good to see them more prominent here :D.

Now I suddenly want to go back and check to see if past movies have passed the Bechdel test...y'know, in-between all the Scott, Logan, and Jean drama :rolleyes2:.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Feb 27, 2008
Ratings
2,136 4
177A Bleecker Street
Stryker is always at the forefront when it comes to the military and Mutants in these movies. It's funny that he's gotten younger with each casting but he really shouldn't look like Josh Helman in the 90s, if he's going to look like Brian Cox 10 years later. If he does show up, I wonder if they'd make mention of his son, who should be about 20 and fully into his mutanthood at this point.

I probably complain about this every time I talk about this movie but it still feels as though this will be the most arbitrary time jump yet. I think they could have done well with a couple of movies showing the young mutants develop into a strong team in the 80s but instead they made a mess of Apocalypse and I can't imagine them salvaging this one. Maybe they'll surprise me with another Days of Future Past or something at least along the lines of First Class but I just keep expecting a messier Apocalypse. I would have liked to at least see this series end on a high point.

Sent from my AT7-B using Tapatalk

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Reporter
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,007 21
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
I assumed we'd see Moira gone if they had Lilandra in the movie, but given she's still unconfirmed and it doesn't seem like that's who Chastain is playing...

I'm curious if they'll address her absence at all.
2/5: Moira seemed to be the mutant expert at CIA plus Xavier restored her memories so being the government liaison to the X-Men seems like a shoe-in but in the same vein, would they bother introducing someone like Valerie Cooper or Fred Duncan?

2/23: Another report of the Skrulls appearing.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
10,913 45
Sherman Oaks CA
I'm kind of bummed that we're not getting more of the individualized costumes we saw at the end of Apocalypse but I can't complain about comic-accurate Frank Quietly New X-Men costumes :D.

Storm looks like she's sporting Halle's Days of Futures Past hairstyle :cool:.

Although I wish they had recolored Kurt's into red and yellow...