"X-Men: Dark Phoenix" Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Magmaster12

Reporter
Dec 31, 2013
Ratings
663 3
She'll probably get five whole lines instead the original planning to give her three. Can't get over how stupid this concept is after Apocalypse bombed so hard.

the greenman

Jul 24, 2006
Ratings
2,957 5 1
the point of no return
Their trilogies as a whole get messy. So I'm glad they seemingly admitted that and trimmed it to a two parter. Maybe it'll be a boon on pacing and tell a tighter narrative.
That's because much like SONY, they don't properly plan a trilogy. These franchises are designed to go on, even after a part three. So yeah, just like the Fast&Furious, Resident Evil, or Underworld, the X-Men films are shooting from the hip.

I still wish The Hobbit was done as a 2-parter, and it seems WB just now realized It is a 2-parter. We could use more films like that.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

AdrenalineRush1996

May 13, 2016
Ratings
481 2
She'll probably get five whole lines instead the original planning to give her three. Can't get over how stupid this concept is after Apocalypse bombed so hard.
Apocalypse wasn't a complete bomb. It still made money even if it didn't gross much as its predecessor and I really do hope that Psylocke gets more dialogue and screentime. You know what's stupid? Having the Dark Phoenix story reduced to a subplot in The Last Stand and I'm actually glad that it's the main story for next year's film and its follow-up. It's not really a stupid concept to adapt The Dark Phoenix Saga.

I still wish The Hobbit was done as a 2-parter, and it seems WB just now realized It is a 2-parter. We could use more films like that.
Which explains a lot of padding for the second and third films of the Hobbit trilogy and yeah, we do need more two-part films instead of just trilogies, tetralogies or others, hence making It into a two-parter than one long horror film was a good idea and I have a good feeling that they won't pull a Hobbit on that one.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

AdrenalineRush1996

May 13, 2016
Ratings
481 2
Honestly though, Stephen King's It was a massive novel. WB could very well be a trilogy, but personally I'd rather them bring back The Dark Tower as a series.

Well, it's probably for the best that It's not going to be a trilogy and Sony are currently planning a TV series sequel to The Dark Tower film adaptation, which itself is a continuation of the book series, despite the mediocre box-office and critical response.

the greenman

Jul 24, 2006
Ratings
2,957 5 1
the point of no return
Well, it's probably for the best that It's not going to be a trilogy and Sony are currently planning a TV series sequel to The Dark Tower film adaptation, which itself is a continuation of the book series, despite the mediocre box-office and critical response.

We'll see. Back on topic. I'd really have to question what FOX's plan is according to X-men prime series. Will they continue the 90's timeline? Will they merge these films with the current Deadpool/X-Force facet of the universe? Seeing how Cable is a time traveler, we could see him show up. Besides we need to focus on Jean specifically.

Magmaster12

Reporter
Dec 31, 2013
Ratings
663 3
But rights issues are pretty crazy in some ways, I still have doubts because there's never been a supporting character related to the Fantastic Four in any of these movies.