"Wonder Woman" (TV) Pre-Premiere Discussion (Update: New pilot in development)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by PowerZord, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Young Justice

Young Justice Silent Master Apprentice

Sometimes when you can't do something properly is better not to do it at all. Step aside an give the opportunity for someone else to do it right.

In the case of WW, a live action movie.

Wonder Woman appears every year in almost every costume/halloween party in the world. And with a slightly better costume than this TV show would have. :)

2. Hordesman

Hordesman slashor

Honestly, I would equate Wonder Woman with Betty Boop. Very few people who buy their merchandise know of these characters first hand. I wonder how knowledge of Wonder Woman's bondage covers or Betty Boop's pre-code cartoons affects sales.

I think they should just get a movie out there. I'd prefer if it was good but even when it isn't, it means more merchandise. The year Batman and Robin came out, the first ever Huntress figure got made. Yes, a movie is more expensive than a tv show but you get a better sense of demand from ticket sales.

3. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

When I first heard this news, I was actually upset, but I'm beginning to reconsider. This may be a setback that WB/DC can use to their advantage. First off they have about three options that will probably never happen.

1. A new network: I could be wrong, but I believe Sci-Fi Channel is owned by NBC/Universal, maybe they can give it a shot.

2. Live Action Feature Film: If Green Lantern is a success, they apparently already have Superman: Man of Steel in the works, and The Flash in script stage awaiting success of GL. It's still possible to get that Wonder Woman film. Especially if Joss Whedon makes Avengers a massive success, he could pull a Brian Singer and dust off his script for the character.

3. Animated dtv: The major problem with this is I can't even imagine it happening. I mean, I can't even name a WW storyline I'm itching to see adapted, other than Wagner's "Trinity".

4. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

Wonder Woman is definitely the most known female superhero, I don't think anyone is disputing that. With that being said however she's simply not on the same level as Superman, Batman & Spider-Man.

They could do what they did for the first Wonder Woman DTV and use an original story. The DTVs don't all have to be direct adaptions.

5. TMC1982

TMC1982 Active Member

NBC was probably reluctant to fully back another superhero (much less female led action show like Bionic Woman) type show after Heroes and The Cape fizzled out.

NBC: "Wonder Woman" didn't fit with what we were doing
    Entertainment president Robert Greenblatt said the costume had nothing to do with his decision to not pickup "Wonder Woman. "I was surprised there was such an uproar," he says. "But that didn't have anything to do with whether the show got picked up. I love that it got so much attention. All that engagement from people whether it was positive or negative was good. And she did ultimately have these little hot pants…"

6. the greenman

Ya know, reading that I couldn't help feeling it was a little sexist. To be honest, I feel that may be more than a little bit of the reasoning behind the lack of WW items. Maybe we can get Lauren Faust and Lauren Montgomery to work on a dtv sequel.

7. Wounded_Dragon

Wounded_Dragon Active Member

I'd have an easier time accepting that diplomatic answer if it was clear NBC had a clue what they were doing besides generic with an occasional cheap (financially) twist.

8. ABrown

ABrown Active Member

9. dmxx116

dmxx116 Well-Known Member

#229 dmxx116, May 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2011
  10. JPPT1974

JPPT1974 Member

11. ABrown

ABrown Active Member

Why is Wonder Woman standing next to Lex Luthor? :confused:

12. dmxx116

#232 dmxx116, May 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2011
  13. dmxx116

14. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

I really want to see this thing now. Hopefully it will make it to dvd and Itunes like Aquaman/Mercy Reef did.

15. Wounded_Dragon

Wounded_Dragon Active Member

16. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

And it was a positive review, too. Actually sounds like this could have been a good show, so it's a shame it wasn't picked up.

17. the greenman

I'd bet green money this will be available during SDCC.

If Jimmy Fallon is a true fanboy, he'll pre-empt his own show to present this. I doubt it though, cause he doesn't have the clout yet.

18. DisneyBoy

DisneyBoy Searchin' My Soul

Is Fallon a WW fan? Never knew...

I suspect this will be released at some point, though I'm betting DC/WB will get the gears turning on that JL project well before Diana gets a solo showing...

19. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

It probably won't be released officially, actually. If you read the review it makes it clear that it's not finished.

20. The Penguin

The Penguin All Hail the King!
    Staff Member Moderator