"Wonder Woman II" Feature Film Pre-Release Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Frontier, May 15, 2017.

1. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

If they do, she needs a good motivation.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Good to hear (assuming those policies are thorough and effective) :).

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Agreed but feels a bit too on the nose.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. dmxx116

dmxx116 Well-Known Member

9. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

I do find it disappointing that this confirms that we're getting another prequel story and not dealing with Diana as Wonder Woman after her arc in Justice League about learning to publicly step up as the champion and protector to the world at large but eh I can get Warner Brothers not wanting to really focus on connecting the character to JL and are still trying to figure out what exactly to do with the "modern" timeline so I can get doing another flashback. Though yeah unless Steve hit some sort of time zone pocket in that explosion it doesn't really make sense for him to be in this sequel, especially if it takes place in the 80's. Seriously wouldn't that put the character in his hundreds and since I don't think this is suppose to be like the end of JL's "The Savage Time" and just have a brief cameo of him interacting with Wonder Woman in modern times seems kind of pointless.

I am glad to see the push for the main villain will be Cheetah. Since yeah she is the probably most well known of Diana's rogue's gallery especially as she's one that isn't directly tied to another figure in Greek Mythology and is her own thing. I am glad we aren't getting Emma Stone either since though Emma is a good actress she doesn't seem like she would be good as a villain, especially one who is suppose to be intimating and match up to Diana strength wise. I am hoping we get someone who they do make a compelling character as you can't really have the excuse this time around of having a crappy one note villain due to just wanting to build up the hero. Again despite how many problems Man of Steel had, Zod is still by far the best villain of the DCEU so far which may be challenged with Aquaman and Shazaam but either way Wonder Woman II needs to do better then how Ares was portrayed.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

Cheetah might yet be revealed to not be the primary villain. She could still turn out to be an agent for Circe or someone else. In fact, Trevor's presence might be due to Circe's magical interference.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think it's likely Cheetah won't be the main villain if only because it's very distinctly possible much of the film will be spent developing her relationship Diana and saving her villainy and enmity with Diana for future movies (or the modern Legion of Doom).

Similar to how Black Manta is an antagonist in Aquaman but isn't the main villain (Ocean Master is).

• Like Like x 1
  12. the greenman

That would seem to be a good creation plot instead of scientific. I could see Emily Blunt or Charlize Theron possibly taking one of these roles. Or get Rebecca Ferguson if you lean younger.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Roven provided an update: they are in development of the screenplay and finally believe they have a good story to tell, they are moving from soft prep to hard prep, and so far will film sometime this summer for a release in late 2019.

14. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 2
  16. the greenman

Lol. Funny, I suggested Leslie Jones for Giganta. Not sure I feel this yet.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

I've never her seen her in any dramatic roles I might have to rewatch her performance on The Last Man on Earth to remind me what kind of an actress she is.

18. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

I like Wiig a lot, so I approve of this choice.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

I admit I have seen Wiig in a few more serious roles. Mostly sort of cameo/supporting bits like in mother! or Downsizing, but she did do a decent mix of serious and still dramatic in the Skeleton Twins, from what I remember of it so it's not like it's impossible for her to be in a total non goofball role but... can't imagine many people would really think of her as a more serious. And having her first honest real crack at a more serious character with Cheetah (at least I would hope Cheetah would be more serious) feels wrong, especially since Cheetah is suppose to be someone who can match Diana in combat and... do you really think Wonder Gal Gadot would have any issues taking out Kristen Wiig? We don't need another example of a weak looking villain for Wondy to fight and unless they have something massively impressive with Wiig involed this seems like a bad casting call to me.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I do think it's a very unconventional and unexpected casting, even by DCEU standards, but I doubt Patty Jenkins would be looking to her for the role if she didn't feel confident Wiig could nail it :).

That being said, I almost want to say she feels more like she'd fit Circe, since she can sometimes be a little more "zany."

• Agree Agree x 1