"Wonder Woman" Feature Film Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Yojimbo, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, a far more general positive response is at least a better start then the initial reactions to BvS and Suicide Squad, as I recall...

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

So I guess Poison is only half-Japanese in this continuity...:sweat:?

4. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

2/28: It's been a blur at this point, it might have come up before, but today another rumor that Bruce Wayne will come up in this movie
    film will open in modern-day Paris, where an Diana has an email exchange with Bruce Wayne. He reportedly sends her the photo of her that he found on Lex Luthor's hard drive, and then asks her to join him in the Justice League. This exchange causes Wonder Woman to dive into the story of the photo, and how she and Steve Trevor fought the war.
    seems like a minor but pivotal cameo like in Squad.

3/6: A lot of background info from set visits are being released. Beware. It does get into spoiler territory. How much of it is in the movie, unknown, but hopefully all of it is...

-Origin of Amazons article or summary below
    -Zeus made mankind to be companions of Greek Gods.
    -Zeus' son Ares, god of war, gets jealous. So he infects mankind with war. Big war breaks out. During it, Ares kills a couple gods.
    -Zeus calls for help. Aphrodite, goddess of love, creates the Amazons, who rise up out of the sea to defend the world and they stop Ares.
    -Some time later, Ares gets free. Enslaves Amazons, continues with his plans to kill Zeus and other gods and stuff
    -Zeus create two safeguards against Ares: one is the mystical hidden island of Themiscyra, and the other is the mystical power of "The God Killer," which is seemingly contained within a powerful sword kept on Themiscyra.
    -Amazons are freed by the will of Queen Hippolyta. She leads them to Themiscyra, where they are safe from Ares' sight.
    -Diana, age eight, is the only child on the island and leads something of a charmed life. Hippolyta decreed she is not to be trained as an Amazon warrior.
    -Hippolyta's sister, General Antiope sees potential in Diana, and secretly trains her so she can defend herself but discovers she's more powerful than any Amazon
    -Eventually, Hippolyta finds out and decreed "Let her be unconquerable."
    -Diana is the greatest warrior the Amazons ever but feels unfulfilled
    -Steve Trevor crash on Themyscira. He talks about a great war that's consuming the outside world. Tells them a nefarious chemist and fanatical general plan to use a new type of weapon that will obliterate millions of lives.
    -Diana suspects Ares is behind it. She wants to fulfill her destiny and bring glory back to the Amazons.

-The two villains explained or summary below
    -General Erich Ludendorff is a rogue German general in WWI (think Red Skull in CA: TFA)
    -Germany is about to surrender and sign a peace armistice with the allies. Ludendorff has the chemist Doctor Maru create a gas that they will drop all over Europe, killing millions of people and giving Germany the winning edge.
    -Ludendorff is just a human shell for Ares and he's super weak in this form. Maru creates another gas that can temporarily restore his godhood.
    -Dr. Maru suffered pain in her life so she wants to dish it out on the world.
    -Maybe under Ares' sway but he instills her with a confidence she doesn't otherwise have.

5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

So Ares takes Heracles' place in the Amazon's origin, more or less.

Interesting that their mum on exactly how Diana is the only child on Themyscira...

6. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

3/6: lol, yeah, the one thing they didn't give away.

3/8: Promo clip in celebration of International Women's Day

Details on timeline of movie, more or less what was reported before.

3/9: New footage on Saturday during the Kids Choice Awards on Nickelodeon

• Like Like x 2
  7. dmxx116

dmxx116 Well-Known Member

Here the new trailer:

Mod Note: Post updated with new link.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

I thought that was a pretty great trailer and a nice look at Wonder Woman's early days. I enjoyed seeing Diana with her mom and her training sequences. I actually don't really want to see any more footage. This movie is looking promising so I'm going to be optimistic that this movie is solid at least.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I loved it! That's my favorite trailer!! It definitely re-ignited my anticipation for this movie's release. The training scene when she discovers her power, her opinion of London -- so good! Going to watch this trailer a couple more times :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That was a pretty awesome trailer. I'm so pumped for Wonder Woman being done justice on-screen and for the possibility of a DCEU movie that will shatter audience's expectations (in a good way) :D.

Love seeing more of Themyscira and Diana's training, not to mention Diana as a little girl looks so cute :anime:.

The allusions to what Diana really is feels like a good hint at her true, Demigoddess, nature...

Of course we'd get a shirtless Chris Pine in this movie :rolleyes2:.

I hope we get plenty of antics with Diana in Man's World so Steve and Etta can just react to it :p.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

I don't watch much of trailers anymore. If you guys enjoy them, no prob. I just know from film school, you have some talent behind them, and the actual film can be complete garbage. This especially in terms of the DCEU films.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

• Informative Informative x 2
  12. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

It was a great callback, too, since it harkens back to one of the only memorable moments of BvS, lol. But on the General - I'm wondering if
    Does he know he's Ares or is it a sort of amnesiac or subconscious thing. It would really go south if they go with an angle of the General being a separate personality then Ares is in the last five minutes of the big fight saying "Ha ha, I was in him all along!" They'd have to demonstrate it pretty well like Ares in a flashback like the opening of the WW animated movie then here and now like if the General looks in the mirror, he sees Ares or whatever or like when Loki possesses someone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

Aww... So sweet. I think the first trailer was my favorite, but this one is right behind it. I really don't want to see more (or re-watch most of the trailers) because I feel like I'll be seeing too much. I'm already sold and hoping we have our first DCEU hit as well as a great first Wonder Woman movie and sign that female superheroes can totally have their own movies.
    I definitely think Wonder Woman will be the first DCEU movie with at least decent reviews. Diana's training looks pretty sweet, young Diana's determination when looking at the sword was pretty sweet.

I want to see the general audience's reaction to the trailer, hopefully in front of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. When I saw general audience members react to Spider-Man in the last Captain America: Civil War trailer, it was so great to hear their gasps and excitement because they didn't know of course.
    Well, I think a lot of us still appreciate these trailers. It's totally fine if you don't watch them any more, but I know I'll continue to watch them and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Anyway, keeping the focus on WW, I'm definitely ready for this movie once June comes out. I hope unlike the last DCEU movie, which I had hope for, this one won't disappoint me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I wonder if there's going to be one big misdirect as far as who Ares is :ack:.

Like, they're obviously setting up this general to be Ares' human form and that he's working with Poison to get his Godly form back, but it was originally reported/rumored that David Thewlis is playing Ares while he's supposedly playing a peace-promoting government official in this movie o_O.

Anyone else smell a twist :evil:?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

3/18: Two more twists from a set visit. Caution, these are some big ones you may not want to read and is better left to discover from watching the movie.

3/28: Saïd Taghmaoui portrays Sameer, a master of disguise, and Ewen Bremner is Charlie, a sharpshooter. It appears Sameer isn't all that eager to join them.

3/29: Two stills: WW and Steve, WW recruiting Sameer.

Description of sizzle reel from Cinema Con.

The French art gallery Art Ludique Le Musée debuted an exhibit dedicated to the art of DC Comics. Three pieces of concept art from WW are included.

4/1: Summary of Wonder Con panel.

16. Baby Rex Stewart

Baby Rex Stewart New Member

I liked this trailer. I feel it's really showing the difference in direction the dceu is getting, and how each director has their own spin and stamp in the world they are building.

My favorite trailer is still the comic con one with the sword and in the back of Dianas dress. I felt it was an amazing visual.

But I guess my favorite part of this trailer is seeing little diana and the promise we'll spend some time in paradise island.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  18. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, hopefully this trailer is a sign that promotion is about to kick in high gear for the movie ;).

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

5/2: Okay... Trailer #5

5/7: Final trailer released.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Dr. Poison name-drop :D.

I'm glad they're not spoiling Ares in any of the trailers :cool:.

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.