"Wonder Woman 1984" Feature Film Pre-Release Discussion (Spoilers)

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Reporter
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
10,998 21
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Interesting having it in the Winter instead of Summer...
Well, we all knew they would blink, not Disney. I prefer a 7 month gap with Shazam than a 3 month one.

Well, that kind of deflates things a little :sweat:.
I'm sure there's more than meets the eye and they're doing some things bts.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
May 18, 2006
Ratings
895 1
East Northport
IMO, November is a much better month than December. It's already a proven ground for CBMs.
Not to mention IMHO that means WW2 can clean up most of the entire month of November until Frozen 2. Yeah Supposedly the next James Bond movie is coming out but... Spectre wasn't as major a performer as Skyfall was and honestly due to Daniel Craig's frustration on the project it's doubtful the next Bond even if it comes out on time will be of any noteworthy quality. So really Wonder Woman 2 should do aces in that spot and yeah it's a much better idea putting it there then going up against Star Wars IX.

the greenman

Jul 24, 2006
Ratings
2,896 5 1
the point of no return
Jenkins teases love story:

http://collider.com/wonder-woman-2-new-love-story-patty-jenkins/
“It’s really still going to other values of hers, and a similar formula insofar as making a great, enjoyable fun movie but that ultimately in its third act turns some very big issues, and a very big experience that will aim to have slightly more weight and profundity than it has to have. Because that’s a formula that I really like, and I like the idea of taking somebody on a very solid, great journey but that arrives at a bigger question being answered. So it’s like that but because she is Wonder Woman and she’s here now and she’s fully developed, it’s got great fun from the start and great big superhero presence from the start, and is funny and a great love story again and a couple new unbelievable characters who I’m so excited about, who are very different than were in the last movie.”
“I did very much thematically want to get to love [in Wonder Woman 1], because that’s what she stands for, and the complexity of what we’re facing. That was the thing, is like the journey of a character through our world who believes in good and evil—as we all do—facing a world ultimately that ends up showing you how unbelievably complicated it is to tackle that or conquer that in any black and white terms. And therefore how much love that requires to stay struggling to make this world a better place versus choosing hate and joining the fight that perpetuates it.”
“I feel like it’s just the right amount the same world of Wonder Woman as the first movie while being a completely different story that tackles something very different but very similarly singular. One story.”
Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
10,910 45
Sherman Oaks CA

Otaku-sempai

Sep 10, 2010
Ratings
1,434 4
Lackawanna, NY
I'm not sure if they can beat the love story between Diana and Steve in the first movie and how significant that was for both the film and Diana, but I'm curious to see what they could do :).
Should it really be that hard to top? The relationship in the movie between Steve and Diana was kept pretty low-key for the most part. As nice as it was, it wasn't exactly a love story for the ages.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
10,910 45
Sherman Oaks CA
Should it really be that hard to top? The relationship in the movie between Steve and Diana was kept pretty low-key for the most part. As nice as it was, it wasn't exactly a love story for the ages.
I'd say that the low-key development of their relationship up until their night in Veld, actually worked to it's benefit more then it didn't ;).

While I wouldn't say it was a "love story for the ages" I've consistently seen it as was one of the many positively received aspects of the film, especially compared to how romances are generally handled in comic book movies as of late.

But that's just me...

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
10,910 45
Sherman Oaks CA
Do we know for sure that a new love interest would be male?
I mean, I was tempted to think it's possible it could be a woman (now that would be different from Steve), but while they addressed the fact that the Amazons don't need men for pleasure I don't think we'll see Wonder Woman with a female love interest on the big-screen anytime soon.

Granted, depending on if Cheetah is in it and how they handle her, I could see the relationship between Diana and Barbara Minerva having romantic undertones.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
May 18, 2006
Ratings
895 1
East Northport
Again I am hoping WW2 mostly takes place AFTER Justice League as honestly JL actually finished the arc hinted at in BvS we saw in the original and really sold a Wonder Woman I would really want to follow now since honestly the continuity like it or not states she was closed off after what happened with Steve in World War I and went more undercover for like a century so though there are probably some stories to tell the best stuff would be what could happen to her after JL especially now that's she's opening herself up some again. That's the chance to really do something new with the character honestly.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
10,910 45
Sherman Oaks CA
I think, between Cheetah and Circe that it's 50/50 as far as who the main villain will be, but I wouldn't be surprised if Barbara Ann Minerva is introduced in the movie and they build-up to her becoming Cheetah :cool:.

the greenman

Jul 24, 2006
Ratings
2,896 5 1
the point of no return
One of the toughest parts of Cheetah is separating her from looking like a Catwoman clone. I know people (even myself at one point) confused the two. They really need to give them starkly different personalities, motivations, and characters in this universe.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
10,910 45
Sherman Oaks CA
One of the toughest parts of Cheetah is separating her from looking like a Catwoman clone. I know people (even myself at one point) confused the two. They really need to give them starkly different personalities, motivations, and characters in this universe.

I imagine DCEU Cheetah will probably be very different from whatever they end up doing with Catwoman.

Especially since they're very likely going to go with the werecat Cheetah.