"Why I Couldn't Update This Week" Talkback

Discussion in 'Platypus Comix' started by Peter Paltridge, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Ay Carumba
    Staff Member Moderator

http://www.platypuscomix.net/onlyme/whyicantupdate.html

Yes, I made these drawings during my stay there -- it was at least something to do.

I did eventually get the DVD remote because my stepdad was one of the people working on the house, and he brought back our mail every day. To make things extra-ironic, this was the time in which my Mysterious Cities of Gold DVD set arrived.

I have wanted this show on DVD ever since they started putting TV shows on DVD at all. I waited several days on a 256k connection in 2003 to download the series off a website and I didn't turn off the computer once. I paid some guy fifty bucks for a transfer of his VHS recordings of the series. Now here it finally is.....DURING ALL THIS GARBAGE. Go figure. I haven't watched much of it yet because I don't want to taint the show with bad memories.

The LodgeNet installed into my room was an older version than Matt's; it actually had SNES games on it. If I was making LodgeNet devices NOW, I'd put SNES there, but they would probably stop me first.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This was as far as I went, out of fear moving one more screen would instantly charge something to our bill.

2. J. B. Warner

J. B. Warner Increasing my wordiness

So that's what you kinda look like!

You're about the only person I know who can take mundane and/or unfortunate experiences, spin them into a blog-like story, and still make me want to read them. (Well, you and the X-Entertainment guy.) Now go enjoy your "Mysterious Cities of Gold" DVD and banish the last of your cold to the land of wind and ghosts.