Why does Star vs the forces of evil get special treatment?

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by Milofan30, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Milofan30

Milofan30 New Member

The other Animated shows are treated like dirt while this show gets a flying pass. I know I know, I'm new and complain right from the start, sorry. Its just been frustrating to me. I love this show too and am happy yet annoyed at the sametime. Can anyone explain this to me? I'm just curious is all, thanks.

2. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

1. It's the only Disney XD show to have a female leading protagonist (not co-leading, but leading) given that the networks skews towards boys, and Star is not a traditional princess.

2. The show started heavily comedic, unlike other Disney XD shows generally being more serialized right from the start.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. NeoplanDan

NeoplanDan Wiki Mod Editor

Except on no. 2, despite that you mentioned that the series is "heavily comedic" is quite misleading, since the series shares a rather similar feel in comparison of Gravity Falls and Steven Universe in terms of making a mixture of humor plus drama and the attention that it gets, there are other series besides that one (Like Milo Murphy's Law, etc), but neither of them are in the same level of treatment that they give to SVTFOE.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Milofan30

Milofan30 New Member

Holy flip, you just gave me flashbacks how awful Gravity Falls was treated during its run. Waiting for new episodes was nuts.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

Frankly, I think Disney XD and Disney TV Animation's YouTube channels upload waaaaaaaaaay too many clips of this show. I get that they want the hype machine rolling, and it is one of their best shows at the moment, but holy moley, it feels like overkill.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. jaylop97

jaylop97 Nickelodeon Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The show may be good to give it a good reputation by Disney compared to some other shows but I think other shows like Phineas and Ferb had more better treatment compared to Star.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Milofan30

Milofan30 New Member

Really? I don't remember, are you talking about crossovers and movie wise? I think they both get the same treatment. I mean, we even have the final episodes of season three out in April while already knowing when season four. I hate when Star fans complain about waiting for new episodes when us Milo and DuckTales have had to wait way longer than that and still am.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. NeoplanDan

Its the same thing as when on the Cartoon Network side, Steven Universe fans complains about the same thing, while other fans of Non-SU shows had dealt with waiting nearly for awhile for a single information on a upcoming episodes to pop up.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  9. D-nice is the man.

That goes double for their other social media channels like Instagram and especially Twitter.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Candy Randy

Candy Randy Active Member

I myself asked this to my friends on Twitter a few days ago. Currently, SvtFoE is the No. 1-rated series on DXD, and it has a huge following ever since the opening intro has gained attention at the 2014 San Diego Comic Con. Which is fine, but the way I see it is that for some reason Disney felt that now it's DXD's biggest hit they have to pander heavily to the fans all over the place, even referencing the popular ships between characters. There are endless marathons and DXD even promoted official online chats about the show. All of this at the expense of many of the other original series on the network.

I used to watch SvtFoE -- I quit watching almost two years ago when Disney XD extended the series for two more seasons early and hyping it up while they were burying The 7D. And the fact that DXD live tweeted from the Star panel at the 2016 SDCC but not tweeting anything from the shared Penn Zero/The 7D panel right after it speak volumes.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. NeoplanDan

From the way I see it, they had been doing for awhile, after since Phineas and Ferb and Gravity Falls (who both were popular in two animated networks) had ended. All it’s doing is filling in from both shows that’s no longer producing any new episodes as this currently been doing and prompted the network to heavily focus on this over the other existing and newer shows that never reached to the extent of GF and P&F had did.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12. Cartoon Ruler

Cartoon Ruler Senior Member

Even during when Phineas and Ferb and Gravity Falls were at their peaks, Disney Channel and Disney XD never overhyped them to the point of ignoring their other ongoing cartoons.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Milofan30

Milofan30 New Member

Matter of fact Gravity Falls was treated like crap during its run. Do you know how long us Gravity Fall fans had to wait for new episodes? UGH The horror. The second season was at its peak too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. doomrider7

doomrider7 That One Guy

Watched it after it ended...BUT JESUS A WHOLE MONTH OR MORE OF WAIT BETWEEN EPISODES!!!

15. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It’s basically Disney XD’s Spongebob, or CN’s TTG. It’s just a really big hit for the network (more so than I realize) so it gets more exposure and airtime at the detriment of the other shows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

Hopefully season 4 will be Star's last season and Disney XD will be forced to give exposure to the other shows. As much as I like the big plot of Star Vs., the focus on the ship-drama has been too much lately as well a few things "off" of the show's story has hurt the show in my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. doomrider7

doomrider7 That One Guy

Agree. Alternatively, they sort everything out and the show improves by way of actually developing the other characters properly FINALLY. But yeah with shows like Amphibia and Owl House coming soon, they'll need to spread the love if you will.