Why aren't any of the sensational 6 allowed to get married?

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by zoombie, Jul 11, 2018.

1. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

So what is the deal that the classic iconic Disney characters from the classic shorts, are not allowed to get married, even though there are canon couples are well known for years, Mickey x Minnie, Donald x Daisy.

There are exception, like Mickey and Minnie in Mickey's Christmas Carol, though are they really Mickey and Minnie, or Bob Cratchit and wife, does that really count?, Donald and Daisy were married in the short "Donald's Diary" but that was a dream, and in "How To Have An Accident At Work", though I am not sure Daisy was named in that short?

To have the characters we love get married, is that such a crime, I don't get Disney. You do a Mickey and Minnie wedding as a special air it on ABC and promote it as a big event, I think it would be a big hit.

As for Donald and Daisy, there are two shows right now they could easily The Legend of the Three Caballeros, if you saw how the first season ended, very possible, but that is if we ever get a second season, which might not happen. And of course the new Ducktales though Daisy has yet to appear in that one, the producer have hinted she will appear eventually they just waiting for the right time. Personally I think Donald and Daisy wedding would be a great series finale, as Donald gets married, him and his nephews can move out of Scrooge's place, they all say their goodbyes, and maybe an epilogue when Donald having Scrooge babysit Donald's son like he did for his nephews in the first episode.

Anyway why can't Disney marry off these characters, it is not like they are teenagers, it is clear Mickey and the gang are adults, they have nieces and nephews, and in Goofy's case a son, and it is heterosexual relationship where is the controversy?

#1 zoombie, Jul 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  2. Rick Jones

Rick Jones fan-man
    Staff Member Moderator

Maybe they believe that marrying them off would make them seem less like cartoon animal buddies and more like paternal figures in the eyes of the young kids they usually aim the characters at.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    #2 Rick Jones, Jul 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  3. TsWade2

TsWade2 Active Member

4. zoombie

Wow they were afraid kids would ask about divorce wow.

And aren't they already parental figure in Mickey Mouse Works, or at least adult teacher figures.

I guess Frank and Matt would need Disney's blessing to do what I purpose for a grand wedding finale for Ducktales.

5. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

The reason I would never do it were I in charge of Disney is that it would make me think of mouse sex. Or duck sex. Which is weird.

Hell, I have to rationally wrap my head around the idea that Goofy has "known" a woman. And I can't unthink that.

BTW, "The Prisoner Of White Agony Creek" is Don Rosa's most bizarre story ever, simply because of the implied sex scene with Scrooge and Goldie. I did not need to think about that and Rosa is crazy if he thought I ever WANTED to think about that. This is why we can't nice things.

Thanks for nothing, Furries.

6. zoombie

Well you naive to think just because these characters aren't married, they aren't doing anything. They are adults, I always assumed that, and it doesn't bother me and I don't think about it, it is their business what they do behind closed doors. Maybe Mickey and Minnie would be that pure and I still doubt, but Donald and Daisy no way. Anyway getting married would not change that.

"The Prisoner of White Agony Creek" the implied sex scene was that flashback or present time. It is present time, I am with you, old people much less old ducks having sex, ill, I don't want to think of it.

BTW I am still waiting for a Robot Chicken skit where our classic couples, do a little swap. We got a little preview of that in the new short "New Shoes".

7. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

Who is the 6th? Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy and... ?

How do we even know that Mickey and Minnie aren't married?

8. zoombie

The 6th is Pluto. Though the fact he doesn't talk, I don't know why they count him. He is not really a character, an extension of Mickey in my opinion, but whatever, he is officially part of the big 6 or sensational 6.

9. Red Arrow :D

But he's an unanthropomorphic dog. Only anthropomorphic dogs can get married :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

It was flashback like all Life And Times stories. They were both young.

For the record, the idea that old people having sex is gross is ageist and untrue. If I knew my jokey comment about duck sex would lead to that, I wouldn't have made it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Red Arrow :D

Speaking of ducks and sex :D In the Netherlands, the most popular magazine amongst adult men is the Donald Duck, so in 2009 (Donald's 75th birthday), a magazine was created just for adult men called "DONALD". It was supposed to be just one issue but it got quite popular so it ended up getting 5 issues in total.

Cover 1
    Cover 2 (theme: money)
    Cover 3 (theme: luckiness, happiness)
    Cover 4 (theme: women)
    Cover 5 (theme: Holland)

On the inside there are posters with beautiful women and Donald Duck next to it :D
    There were also more innocent posters. These ones you might really like:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

https://inducks.org/publication.php?c=nl/DG

To make it look like I'm on-topic, I'll just say that they got Disney's permission to do this, so anything's possible really.