Which CN shows were originally pitched to [adult swim]?

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by Mr HooPoe, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Mr HooPoe

Mr HooPoe Member

I know that shows like The Problem Solverz, Class of 3000, and The Amazing World of Gumball were originally intended for [adult swim] when they were pitched. Are there any others?

2. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

Gumball's pilot was made with children in mind. Besides,the UK didn't even have Adult Swim back then.

3. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

Wasn’t Regular Show originally going to be for AS?

4. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

No it wasn’t.

5. RandomMe

RandomMe An Imaginary Friend

Who came up with those rumors that Gumball was for AS?

6. Astroboy6969

Astroboy6969 Marf.

Since when was Class Of 3000 supposed to be on Adult Swim? Also, I read something on how Secret Mountain Fort Awesome was pitched to Adult Swim (but I'm skeptical).

7. jaylop97

jaylop97 Nickelodeon Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It just occurred, someone did it but it is a case that doesn't really have a known origin.

8. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

Not at all. SMFA was originally pitched as Uncle Grandpa for CN's Cartoonstitute. The network suggested that they make a spinoff instead. It didn't last long and UG got his own series eventually.

Anyway, I'm not sure if this would count (since it never went beyond the pilot), but Craig Bartlett's Party Wagon was pitched for Adult Swim. It wound up airing once on Cartoon Cartoon Fridays, then was never seen again.

Again, refer to the Cartoonstitute.

#8 Daikun, Feb 10, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  9. Mr HooPoe

Mr HooPoe Member

Very sorry about that. My mistake.

I knew that I was going to get this kind of response at some point. Basically, Mike Lazzo was trying to bring a wide range of diversity in the lineup for [adult swim] by recruiting new shows. One day, he was listening to Andre 3000's music and decided to get him to make a show. He agreed to it, but there was no decision as to what the show's premise would be. They just knew that it had to move like the music. When Andre 3000 was touring Atlanta, Georgia, he suddenly realised what he wanted to do-- make a show about a music teacher and his pupils in Atlanta-- and he and Lazzo immediately knew that it had to be for children. Class of 3000 would be the last show greenlit under Lazzo before his presidency at [adult swim].