1. If you are seeing non-stop CMP acceptance notifications, go here and we will help you troubleshoot:
    https://www.toonzone.net/forums/threads/non-stop-cmp-acceptance-notice.5663692/
    If you are seeing non-stop Privacy/ToS acceptance notifications, go here:
    https://www.toonzone.net/forums/threads/non-stop-privacy-terms-acceptance.5663702/
    If you are seeing threads with no posts at all, go here:
    https://www.toonzone.net/forums/threads/threads-with-no-content.5663811/
    Please note that these are separate issues. Posting in the correct thread will help us resolve the issue faster.
    Dismiss Notice

Which cartoonist would you like to see make a Looney Tunes cartoon?

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by Elijah Abrams, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Elijah Abrams

Elijah Abrams Just deal with it!

With the announcement of a new, multiplatform Looney Tunes series that will feature cartoons made by different cartoonists, which cartoonist would you like to see do a Looney Tunes short?

My personal choices:

Chris Prynoski
    Bob Camp
    Pendleton Ward
    Max Winston
    Aaron Springer

Red Arrow :D likes this.
  2. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

I'd be curious to see what Ralph Bakshi would do.

Frank98 likes this.
  3. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

For the sake of a challenge (but only that): The guys behind Adventure Time OR Regular Show, just to see them really push themselves to do something different from what they're used to.

For the fun of it (unpopular opinion or not): I'd like to see the guys behind Penn Zero: PTH or definitely Tangled: TAS, out of my personal love for those art-styles BOTH have (again, IMHO), take a crack at it - simply because whoever worked on these examples didn't abuse that bean-mouth style everyone is growing tired of by now.

However, I think the BEST choice would be the guys behind the Mickey Mouse shorts OR Ducktales (2017). Only downside to that is they're already working for a regime in competition with WB. Still, I think they could pull it off if they had to work somewhere else, IMHO.

#3 I.R. Shokew, Jun 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  4. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I’d like to see Justin Roiland, Genndy Tartovkosky , Tyson Hesse, Bill Plympton, Alex Hirsch, Arin Hanson, Science SARU, the guys who made Avatar and Korra, Sylvian Chomet, Nick Park, Shmorky, Cookiefication, Kyle Carozza, Craig McCracken, David Feiss, David Alvarez, and Andrew Dickman get to make an episode.

Wish I could make an episode too...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 Dudley, Jun 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    I.R. Shokew and Lemanic like this.
  5. Lady Momona

Lady Momona Member

Definitely Genndy Tartavkosky.

Fone Bone likes this.
  6. Lemanic

Lemanic Member

I’d like to see Lauren Faust tackle Lola. And Rebecca Sugar a Pepe Le Pew one.

And Neil Cicierega for a jukebox style musical short.

7. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

Well, we did kind of see that with the Duck Dodgers episode "Samurai Quack" (okay, he didn't write it, but he gave his approval), though an original short from him would be cool.

One of my choices would be Ian Jones Quarty. It'd be cool to see a short done in an OK KO style.

Fone Bone likes this.
  8. Leviathan

Leviathan "It's against nature!"
    Staff Member Moderator

Seconded, Thirded, Fourthed, into infinity. He did a drawing of classic Bugs, Daffy and Porky on Facebook that is just sumptuous.

I would also love to see a short animated by Bob Jaques and Kelly Armstrong. It would be nirvana.

9. Classic Speedy

Classic Speedy What the... [QUACK!]
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

10. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

Definitely this.
    Also this.
    Not this though. I freaking hate, HATE Pepe Le Pew. That stupid cat raping skunk. And considering Sugar's support for the #MeToo movement in taking down all of the sexual harassers and assaulters in the animation business to make it a safer place for woman, I doubt she'd be on-board either.

11. Lemanic

Lemanic Member

That’s why her queer ass would be PERFECT for this. While the Goofy Gophers did a cruising joke on TLTS, Pepe Le Pew would actually be able to to pull a cruising skit off.

Fone Bone likes this.
  12. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

You are making me want to see this short in spite of my hatred for that little rat. Stop it.

13. dothesmartthing

dothesmartthing Me too.

Danny Antonucci would be interesting for me.

14. Mandouga

Mandouga Well-Known Member

That depends. Assuming the upcoming series shorts will be a family series (yeah, yeah, I know, but still), I don't think I would like to see Seth MacFarlane (who would have turned The Flintstones into Family Guy set in prehistoric times, for all anyone knew) or Matt Groening do it.

As for who I would want to make one, I don't know, really. It has more to do with whether or not he/she could stay true to the characters (while still being a family show). Genndy Tartakovsky? Craig MacKracken? Maxwell Atoms? Pat Ventura? Guy Vasilovich? Bill Burnett? Butch Hartman? Bob Boyle (then again, I wasn't happy with how Yin Yang Yo! turned out; long story)? Man of Action Studios? Someone completely obscure? I would say Fred Seibert, but he's a producer. It doesn't (entirely) matter as long as it's still a Looney Tunes production at heart.

I don't know if I can say Stephen Hillenburg at any rate, since he has ALS/Lou Gehrig's Disease...:'(

15. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

Aardman!
    Cartoon Saloon!
    John R. Dilworth
    (creator of Courage the Cowardly Dog)
    Hugo Gittard and his crew (but they're French)

Fone Bone and I.R. Shokew like this.
  16. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

Aardman is a great idea.