What were your most watched shows in the different eras?

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

AnimaniacNutso

Sep 4, 2017
Ratings
443 1
I thought this would make an interesting thread

What were personally your most watched shows in each of these eras?

The Early Checkerboard Era (October 1, 1992 - February 19, 1995)
The Late Checkerboard Era (February 20, 1995 - July 14, 1997)
The Early Powerhouse Era (July 15, 1997 - December 31, 1999)
The Mid Powerhouse Era (January 1, 2000 - December 31, 2002)
The Late Powerhouse Era (January 1, 2003 - June 13, 2004)
The City Era (June 14, 2004 - April 9, 2006)
The Yes! Era (This also includes the Summer Era) (April 10, 2006 - August 31, 2007)
The Fall Era (September 1, 2007 - July 13, 2008)
The Noods Era (July 14, 2008 - May 28, 2010)
The Early CHECK it Era (May 29, 2010 - December 31, 2012)
The Mid CHECK it Era (January 1, 2013 - December 31, 2014)
The Current CHECK it Era (January 1, 2015 - present)

Last edited:

Spacething7474

Click the image to change your avatar.
May 21, 2017
Ratings
Minnesota. Just Minnesota.
I started watching CN in 2013. Mid CHECK IT era:
  • Uncle Grandpa
  • Johnny Test
  • Cartoon Planet
  • Gumball
  • Teen Titans Go!
  • Adventure Time
  • Sonic Boom
  • Star Wars: The Clone Wars
  • Clarence
Late CHECK IT era:
  • Regular Show
  • Supernoobs
  • We Bare Bears
  • Gumball
  • Teen Titans Go!
  • Uncle Grandpa
  • Transformers: Robots In Disguise
  • My Knight And Me
  • Sonic Boom
  • Adventure Time
  • CWACOM: The Series
  • Wabbit
  • Be Cool Scooby-Doo!
  • Bunnicula
  • The Tom And Jerry Show (2014)
  • Clarence
  • Apple And Onion
  • Craig Of The Creek
  • Justice League Action
  • Most older shows from their on demand section

Last edited:

Red Arrow :D

Proud Beneluxer
Oct 22, 2012
Ratings
3,382 66 1
Belgium
When I got CN in March 2003, I couldn't watch it that much, but when I could, I probably watched Dexter's Laboratory the most at first. Foster's became my favorite show in 2004 when it premiered here. I also discovered Johnny Bravo that year (and Courage the Cowardly Dog too). Ben 10 became my favorite show in 2006.

I don't remember when I started watching Samurai Jack and Megas XLR regularly, but boy, I watched those a LOT from 2004-ish till 2010. Those are probably my most-watched CN cartoons.

I also liked Fantastic Four World's Greatest Heroes in 2007 and George of the Jungle in 2008 during their short lived run.

My most watched shows depended more on the schedule than on my taste. I could only watch The Scooby Doo Show on Wednesdays, and Time Squad and Sheep in the Big City on Sundays. I only found out about Cow and Chicken in late 2006, and I could only watch it on weekday noons during vacations.

Starting 2010, I completely stopped watching reruns of episodes I had already seen, so I can't tell you what I watch the most. I just watch everything I like once.

Last edited:

wonderfly

Shaking things up a bit
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 22, 2002
Ratings
837 14
Springfield, MO
I thought this would make an interesting thread

What were personally your most watched shows in each of these eras?

The Early Checkerboard Era (October 1, 1992 - February 19, 1995)
The Late Checkerboard Era (February 20, 1995 - July 14, 1997)
The Early Powerhouse Era (July 15, 1997 - December 31, 1999)
The Mid Powerhouse Era (January 1, 2000 - December 31, 2002)
The Late Powerhouse Era (January 1, 2003 - June 13, 2004)
The City Era (June 14, 2004 - April 9, 2006)
The Yes! Era (This also includes the Summer Era) (April 10, 2006 - August 31, 2007)
The Fall Era (September 1, 2007 - July 13, 2008)
The Noods Era (July 14, 2008 - May 28, 2010)
The Early CHECK it Era (May 29, 2010 - December 31, 2012)
The Mid CHECK it Era (January 1, 2013 - December 31, 2014)
The Current CHECK it Era (January 1, 2015 - present)
I like how you broke up the eras, it's somewhat similar to my breaking up Cartoon Network into 3 year cycles. (that's how I would do it, but what you have is pretty similar).

But before I go further, are you wanting us to share what era we watched the most, or to list what shows we watched the most in each era?

AnimaniacNutso

Sep 4, 2017
Ratings
443 1

Dr.Pepper

Sep 10, 2006
Ratings
1,258 7
In A House
Checkerboard era: Scooby Doo, A Pup Named Scooby Doo, Bugs and Daffy, Pound Puppies, 2 Stupid Dogs

Powerhouse: Dexter’s Lab, Ed Edd n Eddy, Cow and Chicken, Scooby Doo, KND

City: EEnE, KND, Foster’s, Billy & Mandy

Yes!: see above

Fall: see above

Noods: Chowder, Flapjack (honestly I didn’t watch the channel much)

Check It: SU, Clarence, Craig of the Creek

Feb 24, 2016
Ratings
377 19
I started regularly watching CN in the city era when I came back from vacation in August 2004. I was 7 years old.

CN City: Foster's, Ed, Edd n Eddy, Teen Titans, Camp Lazlo

Yes! & Summer 2007: Foster's, Ben 10, Squirrel Boy, Class of 3000

Fall 2007: Out of Jimmy's Head (Embarrassed to say this one, but whatever), Chowder, Pokemon: D&P

Noods: Chowder, Flapjack, Total Drama Island & Action, Johnny Test, 6Teen, Camp Lazlo (Reruns of it)

Early Check-It Era (2010-2012): Adventure Time, Regular Show, Gumball, The Looney Tunes Show

Mid Check-It Era (2013-2014): All the shows in the Early Check-It Era, Steven Universe, Uncle Grandpa, Clarence, Teen Titans Go!

Current Check-It Era (2015-present): Gumball, Teen Titans Go!, We Bare Bears, Craig of the Creek, OK K.O!

Note: I did watch Adventure Time, Regular Show, and Steven Universe in the current Check-It Era, but not the most since they air it such a minimal amount.

wonderfly

Shaking things up a bit
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 22, 2002
Ratings
837 14
Springfield, MO
The Early Checkerboard Era (October 1, 1992 - February 19, 1995) - I didn't have Cartoon Network during this era. Also, I was too busy watching Fox Kids (Batman/The Tick/X-Men/Animaniacs). Or I was busy watching "Anime on VHS".

The Late Checkerboard Era (February 20, 1995 - July 14, 1997) - Space Ghost: Coast to Coast, Cartoon Planet, Dexter's Lab, Thundercats and Voltron (on the original Toonami). On a sidenote, I was also watching Gargoyles on ABC, "The Maxx", "Beavis and Butthead" and "Aeon Flux" on MTV, and anime on VHS, or on the Sci-Fi Channel.

The Early Powerhouse Era (July 15, 1997 - December 31, 1999) - I didn't have Cartoon Network during most of this era (I had moved to a new town, decided to go without cable). Also, I was too busy watching Kids WB (Batman/Superman/Batman Beyond/Pokemon)....and continuing to watch "Anime on VHS".

The Mid Powerhouse Era (January 1, 2000 - December 31, 2002) - This is the era I probably watched Cartoon Network the most. My most watched shows included Dragon Ball Z, Samurai Jack, Justice League, Inuyasha and the Adult Swim comedies (The Brak Show, Sealab 2021, etc).

The Late Powerhouse Era (January 1, 2003 - June 13, 2004) - Teen Titans, Codename: Kids Next Door, Star Wars: Clone Wars, in addition to more DBZ/Samurai Jack/Justice League/Inuyasha.

The City Era (June 14, 2004 - April 9, 2006) - Teen Titans, Justice League Unlimited, Megas XLR, Full Metal Alchemist, Robot Chicken...

The Yes! Era (This also includes the Summer Era) (April 10, 2006 - August 31, 2007) - Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends...you know, in retrospect, I didn't really watch this era much, although I do remember tuning into Naruto and "Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Heroes" occasionally.

The Fall Era (September 1, 2007 - July 13, 2008) - Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends....some Naruto...that's about it. I was scaling back my TV watching during this period (I got married that year).

The Noods Era (July 14, 2008 - May 28, 2010) - Star Wars: The Clone Wars....and that's about it.

The Early CHECK it Era (May 29, 2010 - December 31, 2012): I didn't have cable during this era.

The Mid CHECK it Era (January 1, 2013 - December 31, 2014): Steven Universe, Young Justice, the occasional Adult Swim Toonami broadcast (around the era of "Space Dandy" and "Attack on Titan").

The Current CHECK it Era (January 1, 2015 - present): I'm not watching it anymore. I do follow what's going on with the network online, and I have to say, it looks like it's getting worse and worse...

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2011
Ratings
Oakley California
I started watching Cartoon Network in 2000. And I wasn't born for the Checkboard era. Well most of it anyways.
Powerhouse: Dexter's Lab, Courage, PPG, Cow and Chicken, Ed Edd N Eddy, Grim Adventures of B&M, Johnny Bravo, Scooby Doo, Tom and Jerry, Duck Dodgers, Baby Looney Tunes.

City: Ed Edd N Eddy, Courage, Camp Lazlo, Foster's, Grim Adventures of B&M, Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi, Squirrel Boy, Teen Titans, Duck Dodgers, Krypto the Superdog.

Yes!: Camp Lazlo, Foster's, Squirrel Boy, Ed Edd N Eddy.

Fall: Camp Lazlo, Chowder.

Noods: Chowder, Flapjack, League of Super Evil, Johnny Test.

Check-it: Adventure Time, Regular Show, Almost Naked Animals, The Looney Tunes Show, Looney Tunes, Uncle Grandpa, Steven Universe, Over the Garden Wall, We Bare Bears, Wabbit, OK K.O., Unikitty!, Craig of the Creek.

Radical Edward

Feb 3, 2018
Ratings
1,058 6
I first got CN in around 2003, so I only experienced a year of the Powerhouse era, but I'll still list it anyway.

Powerhouse: Ed, Edd, 'n Eddy, Tom and Jerry, Dexter's Laboratory, The Powerpuff Girls

CN City: Ben 10, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Naruto, Justice League Unlimited, Megas XLR, The Powerpuff Girls, Tom and Jerry

New Wave (CN Asia's subsitute for the Noods): Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Camp Lazlo, Naruto, Ben 10 Alien Force, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Tom and Jerry

CHECK it (my favorite era): Regular Show, Steven Universe, Adventure Time, Sym-Bionic Titan, Generator Rex, Young Justice, The Amazing World of Gumball, OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes, We Bare Bears, Over the Garden Wall, Star Wars: The Clone Wars

superkeegan9100

Cartoon Analyst and Harvey Street Ambassador
Jan 10, 2015
Ratings
6,676 76
Raleigh, North Carolina
www.youtube.com
I started watching Cartoon Network during the YES era, so naturally, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Camp Lazlo, My Gym Partner's A Monkey, Squirrel Boy and Ed, Edd 'n Eddy were my most watched shows. I was also introduced to The Cartoon Cartoon Show during this era, but it was mostly reruns of most of those shows listed above. I do remember Dexter's Laboratory airing on The Cartoon Cartoon Show once, though. I believe "Simion" was aired that day. I only saw The Land Before Time TV series once on Cartoon Network. During the Fall era, I noticed Tom & Jerry was on the schedule, and I was a huge fan of Boomerang so, naturally I watched that often. I also took a liking to Billy & Mandy and Kids Next Door as well. This was also the era that Out of Jimmy's Head and Chowder premiered, so I watched those shows for the first time. During the Nood era I didn't watch CN that much, I mostly watched Boomerang. When CHECK it first came to Cartoon Network, I watched Nickelodeon more because I was too distracted by their rebrand. I wouldn't watch Cartoon Network (or Boomerang) again until 2013, when I found out Foster's was airing on Boomerang. Then, naturally I watched Gumball, Adventure Time and Regular Show for the first time and I loved them instantly. I also watched Cartoon Planet on Fridays, naturally, because I was a big fan of old cartoons. I started to kinda drift away from Cartoon Network in 2014, but nevertheless I still loved CN at the time. But of course, things went downhill in 2015 when Cartoon Network advertised Teen Titans Go as "Your New Favorite Show," so I initially ignored TTG during that time. Now I find the show a little funny, but I don't watch it often. I only watch TTG whenever nothing else is on. Nowadays, The Amazing World of Gumball is my most watched show on Cartoon Network, along with Craig of the Creek and PPG '16 when it's on. Again, I actually like the PPG reboot unlike some people in the same way I like My Gym Partner's A Monkey and Nickelodeon's Sanjay & Craig, which are both hated on the internet in the same way PPG '16 is hated.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2016
Ratings
677 9
2004-2010 - Pretty much everything besides some of the action cartoons and live action shows. Back then I was a person who watched everything that was on TV and liked it. For some reason the action shows like Justice League and Star Wars didn't click with me at all at the time. I was way more into comedy cartoons, however, I still ended up liking shows like Teen Titans and the Secret Saturdays.

2011-Present - Regular Show (My favorite CN show of the 2010's), Gumball, Generator Rex, Young Justice, We Bare Bears, PPG 2016, TTG, Steven Universe, The Looney Tunes Show, Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated.

mqg96

Nov 26, 2014
Ratings
217 2
2001 (Kindergarten) is when I started watching Cartoon Network. To me the mid and late Powerhouse Era are the same by your definition, but I'll still separate it though. What I have in bold was definitely the peak of Cartoon Network for me. The Fall Era is when my main CN childhood ended, but the mid CHECK it era is when I stopped keeping up with CN altogether.

The Mid Powerhouse Era (January 1, 2000 - December 31, 2002): Dexter's Lab, Ed Edd n Eddy, Johnny Bravo, The Powerpuff Girls, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Scooby-Doo (any version), Tom & Jerry, Looney Tunes

The Late Powerhouse Era (January 1, 2003 - June 13, 2004): Dexter's Lab, Ed Edd n Eddy, Johnny Bravo, The Powerpuff Girls, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Codename: KND, Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy, Time Squad, Teen Titans, Looney Tunes, Duck Dodgers, Baby Looney Tunes, Tom & Jerry, Scooby-Doo (any version), Justice League, Samurai Jack, Dragon Ball Z, Yu Yu Hakusho, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh

The City Era (June 14, 2004 - April 9, 2006): Codename: KND, Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy, Ed Edd n Eddy, Megas XLR, Camp Lazlo, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Tom & Jerry, Krypto the Superdog, Naruto, Dragon Ball Z, Yu Yu Hakusho, Immortal Grand Prix, Teen Titans, Justice League Unlimited, Pokemon, Static Shock, Code Lyoko, TMNT (2003), Totally Spies

The Yes! Era (This also includes the Summer Era) (April 10, 2006 - August 31, 2007): Codename: KND, Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy, Ed Edd n Eddy, Ben 10, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Camp Lazlo, Teen Titans, Xiaolin Showdown, Naruto, Immortal Grand Prix, Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Heroes

The Fall Era (September 1, 2007 - July 13, 2008): Same as above with original programming but less shows

The Noods Era (July 14, 2008 - May 28, 2010): Total Drama Island/Action, Star Wars: The Clone Wars

The Early CHECK it Era (May 29, 2010 - December 31, 2012): Regular Show, Adventure Time, MAD, Total Drama World Tour, The Looney Tunes Show, Young Justice, Cartoon Planet, Generator Rex, Sym-Bionic Titan, Scooby-Doo Mystery Incorporated, ThunderCats (2011)

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2018
Ratings
184 4
The Noods Era (July 14, 2008 - May 28, 2010): Chowder, Transformers Animated, Flapjack
The Early CHECK it Era (May 29, 2010 - December 31, 2012): Regular Show, Adventure Time, The Amazing World of Gumball, Ninjago
The Mid CHECK it Era (January 1, 2013 - December 31, 2014): Same as Early CHECK it Era, but with Incredible Crew and Tenkai Knights while they still aired and then Clarence when it debuted
The Current CHECK it Era (January 1, 2015 - present): Clarence, Sonic Boom

Last edited: