What was the darkest or creepiest Looney Tunes short?

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Rabbitearsblog

Jul 6, 2011
Ratings
254 6
United States
What Looney Tunes shorts do you think were the darkest or creepiest? For me, I've always found Chowhound to be pretty dark, especially the ending. Also, some of the shorts where Sylvester and Porky Pig went to this haunted house was pretty creepy too. I've heard that Invasions of the Bunny Snatchers was really creepy too because of the doppelgangers, even though I haven't seen that short yet.

Frank98

Keep moving forward
May 19, 2017
Ratings
64 1
I don't know about full shorts, but there were several individual moments that were pretty creepy. Lots of suicide gags, for example (although they were pretty funny, as well).

Mar 29, 2018
Ratings
Lancashire, England
www.tumblr.com
Sorry to bump but...

Anyone remember Rocket-Bye Baby (1956)? You know, that one-off short where a father ends up raising a martian baby (named 'Mot') after a cosmic disturbance? There was some stuff in there that always unnerved and weirded me out a bit, like the father falling out of a skyscraper window to his presumed death while yelling "WHERE'S MY BABY?!?".

Jumpin' Jupiter
(1955) also applies a bit, not just because of that strange bird-looking alien, but the stuff that Sylvester goes though trying to (unsuccessfully) convince Porky that they're being abducted, much to his annoyance. The way that he says "get off of me Sylvester, or I shall KILL you!" is pretty chilling, in a darkly humorous way nonetheless.

I had both of these on a VHS tape of space-themed LT shorts (all directed by Chuck Jones), so revisiting them brought back some fun memories.

Rabbitearsblog

Jul 6, 2011
Ratings
254 6
United States
Sorry to bump but...

Anyone remember Rocket-Bye Baby (1956)? You know, that one-off short where a father ends up raising a martian baby (named 'Mot') after a cosmic disturbance? There was some stuff in there that always unnerved and weirded me out a bit, like the father falling out of a skyscraper window to his presumed death while yelling "WHERE'S MY BABY?!?".

Jumpin' Jupiter
(1955) also applies a bit, not just because of that strange bird-looking alien, but the stuff that Sylvester goes though trying to (unsuccessfully) convince Porky that they're being abducted, much to his annoyance. The way that he says "get off of me Sylvester, or I shall KILL you!" is pretty chilling, in a darkly humorous way nonetheless.

I had both of these on a VHS tape of space-themed LT shorts (all directed by Chuck Jones), so revisiting them brought back some fun memories.
I don't think I've seen those shorts, but they do sound dark and creepy.