What was 2015 to You?

Discussion in 'Cafe toonzone' started by Game Freak 4, Dec 31, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Game Freak 4

Game Freak 4 TV Tropes is Ruining My Life!

Did you find it to be a good year, or a very disappointing year?

I honestly didn't find it as annoying as 2014.

2. jaylop97

jaylop97 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I found this year to be lame because som, and I was bored most of the time this year. And for the most part school was still the same, and the summer was boring for me and especially a hot one atound here.

#2 jaylop97, Dec 31, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
  3. xxrain

xxrain New Member

Next year would be more interesting due to the election

4. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

- School whooped my butt royally and has me questioning if I should drop out of computer science & switch back to cooking (something I'm much better at.).

- The TPP and the 2016 elections prelude(s) in general fill me with nothing but fear and negativity.

- It also doesn't help that most of the new cartoons I actually like aren't all that popular (unlike Star Vs., which I still feel is almost as overrated as ponies are) and are at risk of being cancelled (Penn Zero, The 7D) or are cancelled (LPS (2012)).

Yeah - This. Year. Really. Sucked for me.

5. Dan's Revenge

Dan's Revenge Gooood kittyyyy

2015... almost about the same as 2014 I think. There's been a lot of personal issues/conflictions with me this year, mentally though and nothing confronting. Basically the future, though just into the next calendar year. Just so much going through my mind that I overthink and it just tires me.

Had a lot of superb times though mostly being around people where I feel in my element.

It was probably a better year, but I need to get it together - not just for a new calendar year, but so I don't stress myself out.

6. RegularCapital

RegularCapital The Third Dimension

2015 was a mixed for me, I had a job for six months which unfortunately ended, I started dating again which failed miserably and I battled with depression twice.

My main highlight of the year is probably my new web development job which I started earlier in December which is only a few streets away from where I live. Another highlight was going to the Over The Garden Wall premiere in London and meeting Elijah Wood. My website is going well (which I started doing in 2014) and I've opened a forums section earlier this month.

I didn't go on holiday/vacation this year, but I would like to in 2016.

Thankfully and most importantly I'm in good health (but I want to lose some weight) and my friends and family are okay.

I hope 2016 will treat you well. :)

• Like Like x 3
  7. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

You were watching the wrong channels! 2015 was phenomenal for TV.

8. jaylop97

jaylop97 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm sorry didn't mean it like that of course good stuff came out this year, but TV channels for the most part didn't do any better than last year, i.e Nick

9. CoolEric158

CoolEric158 She rocks both ways.

It was pretty solid for me in my personal life. I not only turned 18, but I finally got my driver's license, earned a leading role in one of my school's plays, and my grandma moved to a retirement home that's much closer to my house. It also was the year I finally started making Youtube videos after putting it on the backburner for years.

10. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

Well I spent most of 2015 battling a bone spur in my toe. Finally after all types of therapy, shots, and medicines I finally just had to get surgery in September. I was still covered under my parents' insurance so it was all good.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Freav

Freav BeakFreav

Enriching year for me, lots of stress but it all paid off at the end. Lots of new experiences and Im learning to be more confident with myself.
    Also got a lot into animation (which is, for me unlike most of this place, I presume, a fairly new interest). And joined this place, thats something I guess.
    Listened to a whole freaking lot of new music, mostly indie. Most of what I consider my favorites band I just discovered in 2015.
    On the dark side, Im kinda dropping one of my passions, playing music, I kinda assumed that Im not particularly good and will probably never release anything and these days I dont seek out any opportunities to perform like I did before (like in school or family events). These days Ive been composing a lot again but Im very self conscious about my technical abilities (Im a better songwritter than player I guess). It works as a hobby to take out my mind from everywhere else anyways.

12. Destiny of Awe

Destiny of Awe Should update a lot of things

2015 sure was...something. I guess depression really took its toll last year, ha. The second semester of my junior year was pretty stressful since I was taking three AP classes at the same time. My first semester of senior year was alright, I suppose. I feel like I'm becoming more outgoing day by day. I did have to put up with a pretty incompetent drama teacher though.

Cartoon-wise, I suppose it was satisfactory. Nickelodeon was really lacking this year but at least it has Harvey Beaks (it's an amazing show, I highly recommend it) CN had SU and Gumball, the latter of which I'm still a huge fan of. Of course, Disney had GF, but I felt like the second half of Season 2 was really lacking, I can't say for sure what it is I don't like about it, though. I'm probably forgetting a whole bunch of stuff (as I'm typing this I just remembered that Samurai Jack revival #gethype)

All in all, 2015 was just a really, REALLY long year. I'm cautiously hopeful for 2016. I'm taking a gap year prior to college (I know, a controversial choice) so that could give me time to sort all this emotional baggage out.

13. Coffee

Coffee Member

A terrible year. It's crazy that we're already a month into this year, but I still remain hopeful that it'll be a great one. Anything beats last year, in my opinion.

#13 Coffee, Feb 6, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
  14. Scrappy-Fan92

Scrappy-Fan92 Well-Known Member

My condolences for your music career.

15. Freav

Freav BeakFreav

Haha, thank you, its not like I ever had one tho lol, but I do write when bored, I might make more stuff when I get some independance, Im still pretty young.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Storm Eagle

Storm Eagle Power to the peaceful

It was the first year where I've been driving full time wher I didn't get a ticket of any kind.

17. Hanshotfirst1138

Hanshotfirst1138 Morphinomenal!

Another year I wasted in my life without getting any professional help or making any moves towards fulfilling any potential because I am a coward.

18. Harmonie

Harmonie Foreverrrrr!

The theme for the year 2015 for me was... Pain, lots and lots of pain. Pain of different types. Although, fortunately, some crazy things happened and it didn't end like that, I'll get to that later.

The year began with a tooth that needed a root canal. It got bad really quick, and practically incapacitated me when it would flare up. I remember how the pain would start in my jaw, would go up through the side of face, my ear, and all of the way up to the top of my head. It was the worst kind of head pain I have ever had, and there was NOTHING I could do to help it, I would just end up the floor.

Thankfully, I got that taken care of.

I got it taken care of just in time for me to get caught up the most painful drawn-out cycle of emotional pain with my ex. It's coming up on eleven months since we've seen each other. It wasn't supposed to be this way. I still don't know what happened. Once again, I mainly lament the loss of a best friend... The one who I trusted with everything, the one who I thought would never become like this... But I realized (that recognition coming mainly in this last month) that what we've got going just can't be called a friendship anymore.

=(

Amidst that drama (or to be more accurate, before all of that really started, just after the last time we saw each other), my family's first English bulldog very suddenly passed away. He was very much a family member to us. The first time I really got to love a dog, and the dog that showed up in our life's when we needed him the most. He was the one amazing aspect of my life post-2007 - where everything was falling apart - that I could point at and be happy. As the events of the 2013 and beyond had just made things in life worse, and 2015 was not looking to be much happier prior to this, when he passed away I literally just wanted to crawl up in a ball and die.

The vets always said he was very healthy for a bulldog, that he might be one of those that lives on well past eight years... but he made it to 7 and a half.

So that was that, on a happier note, we have two more, and they really stepped up and showed us their amazing personalities and we love them a whole lot... We couldn't have made it without them.

The summer roared on, and while the drama with my ex intensified to new points (it wasn't supposed to do so, I was let down right AFTER my dog passed away, but I feel like I shouldn't go into to much details because... I've told this story so many times now. I'm ready to be done with it.), a brand new chapter in my life was setting up. A series of coincidences occurred, one very unbelievable. It has really shook up my life. It's another story that I deem a little personal to tell, but I'll just say that it all got me playing the oboe, finding a teacher, who got me back into looking into school for what I really want (Musicology). It even brought me to finally see the situation with my ex for what it is, and start to move on.

The stars lined up so perfectly for all of that, it's becoming ever harder for me to swallow that all was really a line of coincidences, but... I won't go into it. =P

19. The Great Gazoo

The Great Gazoo Hello Dumb Dumbs

2015 was a pretty good year. I finished up my Freshman year in college and started my Sophomore year. I also had another wonderful year with my boyfriend.

20. SparkleMan

SparkleMan Well-Known Member

It was awesome! Yeah boi:gir: