What Toonami shows do we want to see revived?

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by PicardMan, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I never thought of IGPX getting another season. It doesn't seem possible due to legal reasons, but even if that was the case, I'm not sure if it would really need a third season. I really liked IGPX and I'd be perfectly happy with more of the series, but I was pretty content with the two seasons we got. I have heard of people who wanted another Outlaw Star series, but I can't say whether or not I'd want that yet since I haven't seen the whole series yet.

I am surprised that we haven't gotten a new Bleach anime though. The manga has been over for awhile, so I would have expected a continuation to be in the works by now, but from what I understand, it really wasn't too popular during the manga's last stretch.

While it wasn't a Toonami show, I'd absolutely love a Trigun revival airing on the block. The series wasn't particularly popular in Japan. We were lucky to get the Trigun Badlands movie all things considered, but it's still a pretty neat idea to dream about. I'd like for Toonami to air the new Blue Exorcist season, but since it went up to Hulu instead, that's probably not going to happen anytime soon.

2. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm pleasantly surprised at the lack of Bebop mentioned here so far. I'm sure it's tempting, but the ending is perfect. Doing a sequel wouldn't be good.

Bleach for me. So close - only one arc left to adapt, and it was an AS/Toonami mainstay for years. Seems like a good choice - with the caveat that it would need a lot more episodes than, say, the Samurai Jack or FLCL revivals.

A Sym-Bionic Titan sequel done in the Samurai Jack style would be amazing, but as already noted, the chances are almost non-existent.

3. AdrenalineRush1996

AdrenalineRush1996 Active Member

DBZ Kai stole Bleach's thunder?

Why not Sunrise, given the fact the founders of Manglobe produced shows for them or Geno Studio, given the fact that several animators from Manglobe completed Genocidal Organ, which was left partly completed at the time of Manglobe's bankruptcy?

Could be possible but unfortunately, Genndy Tartakovsky has ruled out doing a revival of it after doing the Samurai Jack revival.

Like I said in a previous thread, I really don't like it when a cancelled CN show with less than three seasons gets used as a tax write-off which prevents a revival from happening. It's not really fair at all. It's more of a "CN didn't really care" thing.

Well, they could air the recent Viz Media dub of Sailor Moon.

Well, there were plans for a sequel to Outlaw Star titled Sword of Wind but that ultimately got scrapped.

Actually, it's very possible for that to happen as in 2021, Harmony Gold's licence of Macross will expire and revert to Tatsunoko, meaning that HG's Robotech could be restructured as the American Macross franchise as in that the Titan Comics ongoing could be rebranded as Macross.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...n-cross-licenses-still-expire-in-2021/.121372

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

#23 AdrenalineRush1996, Oct 5, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  4. Anyone00

Anyone00 The Moltar-Snork

Now that I'm thinking about it Trigun and Soul Eater could stand a FMA: Brotherhood treatment.

5. AdrenalineRush1996

AdrenalineRush1996 Active Member

Any reason why?

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

6. JPReckless2444

JPReckless2444 [reckless]

IGPX, Megas XLR, Thundercats '11, Sym-bionic Titan. Maybe shows that got cancelled on a different network, like Motorcity

7. PicardMan

PicardMan Member

These shows diverged from the manga halfway through and some people might want a faithful adaptation.

8. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I never checked much of the Trigun manga, so I don't know much about the source material. I'd just love to see more Trigun context. Even the movie was good. It was basically an extended episode of the series, but because Trigun is so good, that wasn't really a problem for me.

I really didn't care much for Soul Eater, but I know that series has its fans too and I can understand wanting to get a more faithful adaptation too.