What DiC series do you want Shout Factory to release DVDs of in 2006?

Discussion in 'Back To The Inkwell - Classic Cartoons Discussion' started by Brettfern, Sep 24, 2005.

?

What DiC series do you want Shout Factory to release DVDs of in 2006?

Poll closed Oct 25, 2005.
  1. Dennis The Menace

5.5%
  2. Inspector Gadget

40.0%
  3. The Littles

5.5%
  4. The Adventures Of Sonic The Hedgehog / Sonic The Hedgehog (SatAM)

49.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daizaburo Estes

Daizaburo Estes Where're the eskimos?

Corrected for factual errors. (half j/k)

2. Gary L Thompson

Gary L Thompson Active Member

Well, if you're not going to give me choices beyond that....I would have to vote for "Sonic". I never saw the series, but watching "Sonic X" has made me curious about the old ABC shows, since they seem to have so many fans. (Yes, "Sonic Underground" was made by BKN, but for some reason DiC has it listed in its show catalog [ http://www.dicentertainment.com/shows/index.php?category=all]. It was even airing on DiC Kids this year....)

Personally, though, if I had my choice of a video release I'd really love to see, it would be "Pole Position". Others I'd like to see: "Speed Racer X" (unlike "Classic Speed Racer", it never finished its run on TV and has never been released on video, which undeservedly happened to even the "New Adventures of Speed Racer"), "Beverly Hills Teens", "Madeline", and "Wizard of Oz".

Yeah, and the fact it couldn't prevent "The New Adventures of He-Man" from being made was likely enough to make Filmation spin in its grave. As the old joke goes, no way this series would be a Shout Factory release....it'd be a jailbreak.

Just out of curiousity, is there a similar e-mail address for asking shows you would like on their DiC Kids network?

3. Dogbert

Dogbert I Don't See Gravity

This is the only source I have ever found that indicates Disney owns SatAM. All others I've seen either reference it or do not give a source.

http://www.satamsonic.com/suportsu.html

I have no clue if this is true, so don't say I said it was...

4. Robo-Rebel

Robo-Rebel Fighting for Freedom

Finally! I get to vote!!!

I finally get to vote for Sonic! (Which made vote #18!) Any of you Sonic fans should e-mail Dic right now!!! Could you also e-mail them to include the lost episodes? That's because my e-mail's on the fritz.:sweat: I can hardly wait for the DVD box set next year!!!

P.S. DO NOT order the pirated Sonic the Hedgehog DVD's from Ebay!:mad:

#44 Robo-Rebel, Oct 5, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2005
  5. Brettfern

Brettfern Active Member

Well it looks like Sonic is winning... But we still have 20 days to go until this poll closes. Right now it looks like Gadget is off by two votes from Sonic and Dennis and The Littles have ways to go..

6. Robo-Rebel

About the current runner-up...

:confused: Since Inspector Gadget is already scheduled to come (even though you put it on the polls), if Gadget gets to beat Sonic there, would you count Sonic to be requested by Dic???

#46 Robo-Rebel, Oct 5, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2005
  7. Leviathan

Leviathan "It's against nature!"
    Staff Member Moderator

Actually, If Shout Factory decides to release Captain N on DVD, then the extremities of the Copyrights could be lessened (look at how Shout was able to clear all of the Music to Freaks and Geeks, and almost all of the music to SCTV. And those two shows required three, maybe four times the amount of legal footwork that Captain N might need.

8. Brettfern

Brettfern Active Member

Try dickidsnetwork@dicentertainment.com - At DIC's website, there is a "Contact Us" page with all sorts of addresses...

9. Brettfern

Brettfern Active Member

I'm not sure that they take requests. Possibly a 'petition' would work.

10. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

Sony owns the rights to the TRG toons, since Columbia (Coca-Cola TV) co-produced TRG.

11. hobbyfan

Filmation didn't produce the 1989 New Advs. of He-Man. At that point, Jean Chalopin left DIC and this was his first project away from DIC, IIRC. Entertainment Rights may've picked up New Advs., though.

12. hobbyfan

I voted for The Littles, because it was my favorite DIC show. My complete wish list:

1. The Littles
    2. Inspector Gadget
    3. Heathcliff w/the Catillac Cats
    4. Jayce & the Wheeled Warriors

There are DVD comps out for ProStars & Mummies Alive, the latter of which was part of the DIC Kids network at one time.

Speaking of DIC Kids, is it just me, or is the network this close to defunct? In my home area, we're down to:

Liberty's Kids (WB affiliate has moved it to noon on Saturdays)
    Sabrina's Secret Life (WB affil has it weekday mornings)
    Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century (Fox affil has it opposite SSL on weekdays)
    Capt. Planet (Fox affil uses this to lead into the 4KidsTV block on Saturdays)

The UPN affiliate dropped out of the network, cancelling Berenstain Bears in June, and dropped Littles & Inspector Gadget's Field Trip last month.

I guess DIC picking up Smurfs didn't work out as well as planned, did it?:sad:

13. Brettfern

Brettfern Active Member

Don't think so. I don't think it's been airing in that block since like June/July of this year. I wonder how Captain Planet & The Planeteers is making out on the weekly block.

14. Robo-Rebel

:shrug: Hmmm... well, let's hope that Sonic wins at the poll. Even though I am an enthusiast/collector of sorts!:sweat: (Check my profile.;) )

15. Brettfern

Brettfern Active Member

You must be a Sonic nut!

16. Robo-Rebel

What's in my collection of DVD's

:rolleyes2 Yes. That and other things like:
    Yu-Gi-Oh
    Megaman (the original US production on 6 discs)
    Super Mario Bros.
    Spirit of Wonder (the anime movie starring the late Dr. Eggman voiceover Deem Bristow)
    Inuyasha
    Outlaw Star
    The Big O
    Record of Lodoss War
    Interstella 5555 (Daft Punk's 4 music videos from the Toonami Reactor a few years ago, plus the rest of the story.):D

#56 Robo-Rebel, Oct 13, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2005
  17. Brettfern

Brettfern Active Member

Which Mario series do you like best?

18. Robo-Rebel

:anime: Ever since I noticed the DVD with Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3 had cheezy goof-ups (Luigi's color was RED!!), I'd go for The Super Mario Bros. Super Show. Believe it or not, my step-father met "Captain" Lou Albano (Mario) and Sgt. Slaughter (one of the guest stars) a long time ago!!!:D

19. Brettfern

Brettfern Active Member

Those two are wrestling legends. Though they are both old and don't wrestle anymore, they'll always be associated with the golden days of WWF.

20. wizard55

wizard55 Member

Well I can't vote now but I would have voted the for The Littles 1st..lol..and 2nd Inspector Gadget. I rememeber Dic planned on releasing all of Inspector Gadget on dvd and they alrleady have released volume one with the 1st 5 episodes in their original order, uncut. Even with an interview with the director/producer and some other stuff I think. I really want to see the rest of the dvds. where are they!!?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.