What are the chances of a new Marvel cartoon for older audiences being made?

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by KombatMaster94, Nov 28, 2017.

1. KombatMaster94

KombatMaster94 Active Member

I read on these links Marvel Animation planned on making shows and movies aimed more for older audiences and had new shows in development. I've also gone to CTN Expo this year and heard from one of the artists behind the Rocket and Groot shorts they're working on new stuff. I'm hoping it does happen and I always have, but do you think Marvel Animation's working on stuff aimed more for older audiences?

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It would be nice to see Marvel Animation venture into productions more oriented towards older fans, since they've been predominantly focused on just kids and younger viewers for a while now, which I understand and respect (even if I sometimes think some of the stuff aimed at kids could be better).

Though given how much they've skewed their content one way for so long I'm hesitant to believe they're really doing something different until I see it with my own eyes.

3. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

4. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That's only tangentially Marvel Animation related though, since FX is doing pretty much all the work there.

• Agree Agree x 1
    #4 Frontier, Nov 28, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  5. KombatMaster94

I was talking about something more on par with The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. That was something for both kids and adults, even though it was on Disney XD. If Marvel Animation could make a show like that once (let alone several others like The Spectacular Spider-Man and Wolverine and the X-Men), there's absolutely no reason they can't ever do it again.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

I like that idea a lot. To be honest, Marvel has had a terrible track record with adult oriented animation, ever since MTV's Spider-Man. Most of DC's adult projects suck too, but there is occasional greatness in the DC Animated movie line (usually outside of the main continuity). I cannot think of a single "adult oriented" Marvel project I've liked. The closest I got to tolerating was Planet Hulk. Everything else sucked.

But the few good Marvel series there have been have been targeted for all ages instead of just young children. I did not much care for The Spectacular Spider-Man, but EMH's and ESPECIALLY Wolverine and the X-Men were outstanding. If they did more shows like that, or simply brought either of those shows back, we'd be in good shape.

7. KombatMaster94

New shows in that vein are more likely to happen than bringing back Avengers: EMH, Wolverine and the X-Men and Spectacular Spider-Man. It's gotta happen one day. That said, as someone who wants to work in the animation and entertainment industries one day, I have in mind my own Marvel Animated Universe. At the very least, it'd be more like Young Justice and be a darker, grittier universe than before and I wanna be a showrunner/writer for it. Here's some of my sample scripts if you're interested.

• Like Like x 1
  8. AdrenalineRush1996

AdrenalineRush1996 Active Member

It depends.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk