What are the BEST Dreamcast games?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by The Dork Knight, Jun 16, 2001.

1. The Dork Knight

The Dork Knight The saddles do what now?

Wednesday I'm getting a Dreamcast with like 5 games. OR something like that.
    I'm getting....
    Shenmue (Used)
    Sonic Adventure
    Jet Grind Radio (I'm buyin' this baby off of amazon.com, everywhere else it's $40! At amazon.com it's 20!)
    South Park Chef's Luv Shack (A brand new one for $5.00!)
    Ready 2 Rumble Round 1
    Crazy Taxi 1
    I was wondering what games do you all recomend? I'm thinking about getting Half Life and Phantasy Star Online, thing is I don't have a cable modem. They don't have them where I live.

2. mxyzptlk

mxyzptlk Guest

spawn in the demons hand and unreal tournament

3. The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter Whyyyyy'sis heead so biiiiiig?

Well, it honestly depends on what you like. Your list sounds like a pretty good roundup, though I didn't really think that Chef's Luv Shack was that great an experience. But you're only paying $5 for it, so that's fair.

Here's a few other suggestions off the top of my head:

Crazy Taxi 2: hot off the press. It's just like the first one so I wouldn't spend the cash for both, but in this game your car can hop. Very fun.

Soul Caliber: Wonderful fighting game.

Skies of Arcadia: A darn good RPG, assuming you like RPGs.

Marvel vs. Capcom 2: An insane, over-the-top fighter with 56(!) selectable characters.

Resident Evil: Code Veronica: The best game in the RE series and the graphics rival Shenmue.

4. Flying Grayson

Flying Grayson Quis custodiet ipsos custodiet

I have Jet grind Radio( great game and very addictive. I see it in my dreams If I play it too much) And sonic adventure(I could Beat it; if it wasn't for this cat whose whole game is to fish) and they are both great Games.

5. I.R Joey

I.R Joey Yep my face got stuck this way

Here's my list.

JGR: Fun, one word is all that is needed.

Crazy Taxi 1 and 2: I haven't tied 2 but 1 is keen (in small doses.)

Sonic Adventure: 1 was pretty fun, nice touch by Yuji Naka and co, and I shalth make part 2 my own.

The games I listed had pretty broad appeal. Be more specific about what kind of games you like, and I'll make a better list. Enjoy your console.

6. Psycho Fox

Psycho Fox Toonix Guru

Like Hatter said except for Chef's Luv Shack you got a good line up. If you like shoters you might want to pick up Fur Fighters there is just somthing about blasting away cute furries.:D

When you finsh with Shenmue you defently should try Skies of Arcadia.

Oh and defently you should get a used copy of Toy Commander it is fun oh and try and get you hands on the Christmas Demo, flying santa arround is kinda neat.

Oh you might want to just rent the Gundam game it is kinda short.

As for you not having a cable modem don't worry the DC has a 56K modem and most games seem to work fine with it.

7. I.R Joey

Oh and defently you should get a used copy of Toy Commander it is fun oh and try and get you hands on the Christmas Demo, flying santa arround is kinda neat.

Someone understands how awesome this game was. Rock on!!!!

8. Harley

Harley Embarassment Ninja
    Staff Member Administrator

If you're looking for a great game to pick up when you have friends over, get Looney Tunes Space Race. It's a lot of fun.

Good voice acting. Great animation. Pink Elephants. What more could a gal ask for in a game?

9. Firefly

Firefly I'm Back!

Best Buys Have Jet Grind Radio for $9.99 thats where I got mine awsome game.

Sonic Adventure 2 comes out June 21

Crazy Taxi 2

Soul Calibar Awsome Fighter

10. Psycho Fox

Psycho Fox Toonix Guru

Yhea I remeber hearing a rumor that there is a sequal comming but have not heard much about it

11. The Dork Knight

HOLY $H!T! 10 BUCKS! i........think.......i'm........having.......a......heart..........attack......
    ELIZIBETH! I'M COMIN' TA JOIN YA HONEY!
    How much are all the games I wanted there?

12. The Mad Hatter

I'm not sure, but I do remember that when Sega announced the Saturn was kaput, they slashed the price on all the Saturn games. It may be the same case here.

Check it out and see if that's the case... and if you've got the dough, go nuts! There's lots of great games for the system...

13. Peace Keeper

Peace Keeper Guest

In random order
    1. PSO (Phantasy Star Online)
    2. Grandia II
    3. Resident Evil: Code Veronica
    4. Dead or Alive 2
    5. Soul Calibur

Skies of Arcadia- It was a cool idea for a RPG (sky pirates), but I never really got into it. The battle system became redundant. It's worth checking out, but I recomend Grandia II over Skies of Arcadia.

Marvel vs. Capcom 2- I hate 2D fighters. I found it hard to distinguish my guyz from my opponents. There was too much going on, on the screen. <<that sounds weird>> It's true that there are like 56 guyz to chose from, but most of them suck balls <<I think one was a cactus>>

14. Firefly

Firefly I'm Back!

Yea, go check it out if you don't belive me places like Wal-Mart and Sears still sell it for $40 and $50 bucks but stores like Toys R Us, Best Buy,and Curcuit City have it between $10-$30 bucks. At least down here in Atlanta Metro area I don't know about where you live but there already off the shelves. Hatters right normaly when systems cease production the games go down this may be the case because this was a popular game. I remeber when the Saturn , Super NES,and other systems stopped and the same thing happened.

Hey Hatter did you see the screens for Jet Grind Radio Future on the X-Box or play it at E3? It looks Sweet. I can't wait for it.:D

See Ya,

FF-

15. Firefly

Firefly I'm Back!

I just heard this today at Videogames.com that Half-Life for DC is cancelled:mad:

all the other games that you want are at there normal price around here.

DC has a built in phone line modem in the back. So I don't think you need a cable modem

Hope this helps

FF-

16. Peace Keeper

Peace Keeper Guest

PSO

Phantasy Star Online- This game is very addicting. There were times when I would start playing at 11pm, and stop at 9 in the morning.

You don't need a cable modem to play PSO. To get my cable modem to work, I had to buy a 50ft ethernet wire, spend $60 on sega's broadband adaptor, and buy Unreal Tournament to configure the settings. They advise that you use the regular dial up modem that comes with your sega to play PSO. Their are no benefits to using a cable modem on this game.

I don't know what kind of isp you are currently using, but AOL won't work. If you need a free isp, go to Dream Cast Fun. On the left side, you will see an area called "free isps." It will give you directions on how to configure your DC for the internet. Juno stopped working after a while, and NETZERO only lets you use 40 hours a month <<it was something like that.>> The last one I used was BLUELIGHT.

For any question or information on PSO, check out
    PSO WORLD . This site has everything, including a MAG GUIDE and SECTION ID CALCULATOR. The letters/characters you use in your name determine which section ID you will be assigned, which intern determines the type of weapons you are most likely to find. <<ex: a red section id finds alot of swords, whereas a purple section ID may find alot of rifles----please note that those were just examples; I do not know which weapons a red or purple section really finds)>> I know for a fact that
    WHITE is the only section where you can find the AGITO1975(rare sword), and YELLOW finds alot of money <<You don't want YELLOW>>.

You can also check out PSO JAZZ if you want to see pictures of the different types of MAG EVOLUTIONS.

OH YEAH, Don't bother getting the game if you don't plan on buying the KEYBOARD. It is a necessity. Try Software etc. It's $25.

17. The Mad Hatter

Oh my yes. Not only does it look better than the Dreamcast version, but the blurring effects were positively mind-blowing.

18. I.R Joey

Yeah half life DC is gone :( . Very strange move IMO the game was pretty much complete, but Sierra descided to swallow the costs of development. Yeah, they would have still needed to market it, but you know if the game is already complete....

Good news thouh, Sega actually descided to make T.V ads for Sonic Adventure 2, I will make it mine.

19. The Dork Knight

Here is a real stupid question....
    Can DC play CDs?
    I know PSX and PS2 can paly them.
    And yes I know about Blaze MP3 DC. I defintly will be getting it. Can't wait to hear Limp Bizkit,Korn,Eminem,Blink 182 and Linkin Park on my DC. :D

20. Psycho Fox

Psycho Fox Toonix Guru

If you mean audio CDs, yes. If you mean regular 650meg CDs (backups) only if it was made before October 2000 but you can either get it chiped or get the CD board replaced with an older one both will make it read backups.