1. Enter for a chance to win the Captain America Blaster Shield and two POP Vinyl figures from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

What anime would you like for KidsClick?

Discussion in 'The Anime Forum' started by aegisrawks, Jun 20, 2017.

1. D-Poet17

D-Poet17 Member

I never heard of this anime before myself. Anyone know what it's about, and whether it's like Pokémon meets ygo or anything related to that sort?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Golden Geek

Golden Geek Gera Gera Po

After finishing Kemono Friends, my first thought was "Why is this not licensed and on some kind of children's block yet?"

Yes, the show did air late-night in Japan, but I'm not ever sure that it was meant to...there are minute-long educational segments/facts about animals in the middle of each episode. Could you really say that those are aimed at adults/otaku? (It'd be cool if they left those segments in with English subtitles in a hypothetical dub on KidsClick, but I imagine they'd dub them all with generic narrators.)

There are some slightly darker elements to the show, but nothing that goes beyond a Y7 rating, and it's these darker elements that keep the show interesting.

(The only thing that I could see getting edited is the prairie dog girl greeting the other Friends for the first time by kissing them, which causes them to blush. It's not really played for fanservice since it's legitimately a prairie dog greeting, but I imagine it making some censor nervous, especially on a Sinclair station.)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Takao

Takao Fight the darkness all around

It's a merchandise show, but it's not like Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh!. Beast Saga is set on a planet of four warring tribes of humanoid animals and is about their battle for energy sources.

Beast Saga is a reboot of Battle Beasts, an obscure Transformers spinoff from the 1980s.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Golden Geek

Golden Geek Gera Gera Po

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Doraemon and Glitter Force would be nice fits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Well-Known Member

If Nicktoons indeed does shut down for good I hope Arc-V comes to the block.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. moose_tracks12

moose_tracks12 Active Member

I feel that Digimon would be a nice addition assuming that Nicktoons doesn't still hold the rights to show.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Philblue7

Philblue7 New Member

Dinosaur King does fit on the KidsClick block. You're about to see it tomorrow morning!

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. PF9

PF9 Active Member

Pokemon definitely. It's been over 10 years since it's aired in English on over-the-air broadcast TV. Having reruns of the show (but not first run episodes) air on KidsClick could help bring the show to a wide audience that doesn't have Disney XD.

10. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

While the thought of more people being able to watch the series is nice, I'm not sure if Disney would be interested in letting another channel air the series, even if it was just for reruns on a broadcast TV block.

11. PF9

PF9 Active Member

UniMas says hi

12. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I did forget about that bit of news. I'm not sure if that situation is different due to using the Spanish dub instead of the English one, but it's still a valid point. Even though Disney XD isn't as widely available as Cartoon Network or a broadcast TV channel, I don't know if it would really need that level of exposure now. It would help the block more than anything else.

13. Akira Kurusu

Akira Kurusu Member

I'd like to see Daigunder or Ultimate Muscle. World Trigger is also there since its dub has never been released on video/streaming and only aired on a channel that nobody gets. Dragon Drive is another one I'd like to see, it's never been televised.

Less realistically, I'd like to see Cocotama and Rilu Rilu Fairilu if somebody got the rights to the anime and toys (Tamagotchi and Jewelpet are off the list for a Western release, so why not their successor series?).

14. Takao

Takao Fight the darkness all around

World Trigger has way too many young looking characters running around with guns to be something aired in the morning on broadcast TV.

15. Akira Kurusu

Akira Kurusu Member

But it aired on Primo, so why not? And it is a kids anime, it aired on a Sunday morning block alongside Tribe Cool Crew (which could also fit KidsClick speaking of which), Super Sentai, Kamen Rider, and PreCure in Japan.

And I also do agree that KidsClick would be perfect for the PriPara and PiPoPa pilots. Neither of the shows have anything to censor apart from Leona and both of the shows have great merchandise potential.

16. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Well-Known Member

Primo is a cable network and they aired it at 9PM. As much as I wish for it to happen it just wont. Especially not in the middle of a heated debate over gun ownership.

17. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Japan has different standards for their kid shows than the U.S. does. Shows like Naruto and One Piece are considered kid shows there, but their dubs are aimed at the teenager/young adult crowd here because of their content. I haven't seen World Trigger, but if it does have guns, then it definitely couldn't air on a kids block on broadcast TV without being edited around.

18. Akira Kurusu

Akira Kurusu Member

Okay, I see now. Anyways, on Facebook KidsClick expressed interest in Dragon Ball in response to someone suggesting they air Kai and Super. They said: "We are always working towards expanding our lineup! Dragon Ball would be a great addition and we hope to have it and other shows like it on KidsCLICK someday soon. Stay TOONed as we grow and thank you for being a fan". I wonder what this could mean? I'd also like to see Dragon Ball, for the sake of being able to watch it more than just Saturday midnight and for the sake of kids getting to watch it too. It'd be perfect for KidsClick as well.

19. SpaceCowboy

SpaceCowboy Active Member

If they decide to air Dragon Ball, Z, GT, etc., I'd imagine it would have to be as sanitized as the CW version of Kai was.

#59 SpaceCowboy, Feb 24, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
  20. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm not sure if they could get a hold of any of the Dragon Ball series considering that Toonami is currently airing Kai and Super, but maybe it's more possible than I think it is since they're on a broadcast TV channel. It probably would involve the kind of edits that the CW version of Kai had though.