What anime would you like for KidsClick?

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
Mar 17, 2010
Ratings
645 1
Canada
I'd rather they not dig up too many shows that have already aired on broadcast TV in the US. Dinosaur King's CG looks dated and the show is still on Primo. I don't believe DoReMi ever did well for 4Kids (IIRC the second half of dubbed episodes still has yet to air on US TV), and its presence on the later blocks came as a result of them owning the rights.

May 26, 2003
Ratings
128 1
Virginia
I'd rather they not dig up too many shows that have already aired on broadcast TV in the US. Dinosaur King's CG looks dated and the show is still on Primo. I don't believe DoReMi ever did well for 4Kids (IIRC the second half of dubbed episodes still has yet to air on US TV), and its presence on the later blocks came as a result of them owning the rights.
Yeah, it was announced for the fall schedule, but was replaced with Kirby: Right Back at Ya!, which was to finish its unaired dubbed episodes (and promote Kirby Squeak Squad) which was then replaced by another TMNT airing, which i thought was to promote the '07 movie, but it just stayed there for almost a year. I only brought it up because of its E/I status, and it may have stuck around longer if having two E/I shows would have helped the block, but they just seemed content with only Winx Club. I think Magical DoReMi was 4Kids' only E/I anime that aired on its blocks.

Mandouga

Jun 27, 2007
Ratings
295 14
Newington, CT, USA
Oh no. Not My Hero Academia. The last thing this block needs is a genre deconstruction series like that one (and it's a long story).

Also, I hate to say this, but I think Love Live is one of "those" anime series. Long story short, it's basically the kind of show that would air in prime time (here in America), I think. Well, the manga based around it are all seinen, so I don't see how this show would be any different...unless I'm missing something. That is, is it supposed to be one of those ambiguous shows that be family friendly or not? I just don't know about that one. I'd say Aikatsu would be a better idea for a block like KidsClick.

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
Ratings
In a Dream World
I'd rather see My Hero Academia land on Toonami instead. I'm not sure how violent it actually gets, but considering it's about heroes in training, the action might get too intense for a block like Kids Click. I've heard good things about both the anime and the manga, so I'd be happy to see it on Toonami. The block could certainly use more lighter action series instead of more grimdark stuff.

As for Love Live, I don't know much about it other than it's an idol series. There probably wouldn't be much for them to edit, but I don't know if it would really fit on this block either.

jaylop97

Staff member
Oct 5, 2014
Ratings
5,061 36 1
Austin, Texas
For My Hero Academia like some anime could always have a high cost especially when it is an ongoing show it would be really hard to get it airing adequately given breaks can happen as well.

Golden Geek

Gera Gera Po
Dec 31, 2013
Ratings
519 11
United States
My Hero Academia deserves a place on Toonami, or Disney XD at the very least. I've only seen the first season, but there's enough plot-important violence (that gets stronger in the last few episodes, including a character being tortured) I wouldn't want it on a syndicated Saturday morning block.

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
Ratings
In a Dream World
I really want to see One Piece, Dragon Ball Z, and Sailor Moon on Kidsclick. It would be a good way to introduce kids to One Piece, Dragon Ball Z, and Sailor Moon.
One Piece and DBZ would require a lot of editing to fit on a kids block. I doubt that they can air DBZ when Toonami already has DBZ Kai. After One Piece didn't work out on multiple other blocks, I don't know if it would be too appealing for Kids Click, especially when it would need a lot of editing for Saturday mornings. Sailor Moon could possibly fit with minimal edits, especially if they went with Sailor Moon Crystal, but I don't know if I could see it on the block either.

The idea of introducing these shows to kids is nice, but I don't know if that's really necessary. Both Sailor Moon and especially DBZ are successful without being introduced to kids directly. Even with One Piece not being on TV in the U.S. currently, it's still successful with its teenagers and young adult fans.

AnotherRandomGuy

The cat came back, he just couldn't stay away
Oct 29, 2016
Ratings
1,275 12
New Mexico
In addition to likely not having the budget, My Hero Academia would basically be another Dragon Ball Kai situation having edits ranging from reasonable to ridiculous.

The only current anime I can see from Funimation I can see running on it is Monster Hunter Stories, and even that is kind of a stretch

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
Mar 17, 2010
Ratings
645 1
Canada
In addition to likely not having the budget, My Hero Academia would basically be another Dragon Ball Kai situation having edits ranging from reasonable to ridiculous.

The only current anime I can see from Funimation I can see running on it is Monster Hunter Stories, and even that is kind of a stretch
Puzzle & Dragons X?

Mandouga

Jun 27, 2007
Ratings
295 14
Newington, CT, USA
I think before we suggest anything else, we should focus on what's currently happening on the block. Shows have been starting late, there has been at least one instance of a show randomly taking the place of another, and they can't seem to decide whether they want to show the closing credit sequences or not. It's all in the thread about KidsClick in the Saturday Morning Forever forum.

So basically, one way or another, I think we need to be careful what we wish for...

That said, I would like to see that show Gyrozetter (which also has an arcade game with transforming controls), assuming someone licenses it, of course.

moose_tracks12

Feb 24, 2016
Ratings
377 19
I could definitely see the Digimon franchise play on the block. And it could work considering the franchise hasn't been aired on Nicktoons in over two years, I would think that Nicktoons doesn't have the rights to the show anymore. So this could be a chance for KidsClick to grab the show.