WB Silver Age RPG

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by Roman Legion, Oct 19, 2004.

1. Roman Legion

Roman Legion Let's Make a Deal
    Staff Member Administrator

If you could make a role playing game based on Animaniacs, Pinky & the Brain, Freakazoid, and/or Tiny Toons... what would you want to see in it? Be it on pen & paper, computer, console, AIM, IRC, the forums, whatever. The more ideas, the better. What elements would help make it "work" for you? What gameplay features would you want to see? In short, gimme your wish-lists. :p

By all means, be as explicit as you like.

Romey
    --Need some conversation here... liven things up a little.

2. Sparticus

Sparticus Should be drawing right now...

Um, I vote for a Freakazoid message board RP of pure insanity. :zim: Actualy, I'm surprised I haven't found any.

Anyway, what I'd want from an RPG such as this? Same as any other game; solid plot and players who are skilled writers that can stay true to the character and series!

*waves little vanhelsing_rpg flag* Yaay!

3. Singin' Stray Cat

Singin' Stray Cat Still Alive Somewhere

Ooh, ooh, I'll have to get back to you on this one once I get a little more free time. Actually been thinking about this ever since Kingdom Hearts came out.

I even started a fanfic based on this idea (there's a link to it in my sig), but the beginning's kinda crappy and I didn't get into the RPG aspect of it too much. It'll come into play later on in the story. Yeah, that's right, I still work on it from time to time. :sweat:

Anyway, like I said before, I'm definitely coming back to this topic. :D

4. bluedragon2999

I have seen some like this actually. I thought there was a Tiny Toons game. I know there was alot of online Roleplaying for those shows plus Earthworm Jim and Road Rovers.

Most would make decent RPGs, but it would be tough because alot of humor would have to be in there and most of the shows were meant to be funny more than have a plot. They would make great computer RPGS though

5. Singin' Stray Cat

Singin' Stray Cat Still Alive Somewhere

Whew. Finally got back around to this topic. :sweat:

Anyway, the main thing I'd like to see is a good story. (Come to think of it, that's what I'd like to see in any RPG.) There's gotta be a reason for a fight - even Bugs didn't instigate trouble, he only made it when someone picked on him. It could be serious, as it is in my fanfic - their very existence is in jeopardy. But I think a parody of common RPG story elements could also work; in fact, it could probably work better. Funny and/or obscurely referenced weapon names and "ultimate" attacks (limit breaks, overdrives, whatever) are a must. ;) ("Fate of Flameel!" "Huggbees!!")

As for the actual battle system itself, I guess it would depend on how many playable characters the game had, and how many of them could be active at any one time. If there were only about three or four main characters, then the battle system in Kingdom Hearts would work nicely. It's more active than turn-based, which I think would be appropriate. However, if there was an actual party of, oh, I dunno, 7 or more...I guess it would have to be turn-based to avoid confusion. If that were the case, I'd like it to be like the one in FFX, where one could switch out party members quickly and easily, even during an active battle.

But these are just random ideas I've had. Nothing too refined. Right now I just wish I had the programming knowledge to make my fanfic more interactive. Basically I wish I could set it up to where each person who read the fanfic got a slightly different story and outcome, based on how much "secret stuff" they found along the way. It's possible, I'm sure, but it would just take me a long time to learn how to program stuff like that. And even longer to actually do it. :sad:

6. Roman Legion

Regarding your interactive fanfic idea, there... the first thing to do is write the alternate plotlines. The second thing to do is decide how you want it to work. The third thing is to do the first two parts, and bug me to code you an example. ;-)

Romey
    --More comments from me to come soon!

7. AG_Markov

AG_Markov Animate Me, Baby!

Honestly I wouldnt mind a recreational Animaniac's RP via AIM! If anyones interested please IM me! LoL I think Role Playing is the oasis in the desert of Fandom. Adventures can live on through the imaginations of the fans!

8. Roman Legion

Guess I'll pose a more specific question, and see what I get...

What kind of stats would the Warners have? Or Pinky & the Brain? Or Freakazoid? How might they be expressed in numbers?

Edit: Don't think I can't see all you guests looking at this forum, I know you're out there! Login or register, and say something! :sweat:

That would be a nice end result. I'd just like to set down some structure first... from what I've seen, things can get a little *too* chaotic without some ground rules to abide by.

--Romey

9. AG_Markov

AG_Markov Animate Me, Baby!

Yes, of corse. Though the way I RP its not so much as a gameing structure as it is just uhm an interactive fanfic back and forth. I dont use dice or anything, not that there would be really any serious battles in A! RP anyway. LoL.

10. Roman Legion

We've sorta done the interactive fanfic thing, minus roleplaying, in the form of "chainlink fanfic" on the forums. A few of us -- Brainatra and I, at least -- have also done "realtime" fanfic on AIM, in the past. I'd certainly like to see a few chainlinks again around here, but in my experience, "realtime" fanfic on AIM or IRC (RP or not) begins to fall apart with more than two or three people, max.

I'd rather like to see an AIM based RPG suitable for a chatroom full of people, and I feel that situation calls for a little more control. My own preference would be for something with well-structured rules, but still simple enough to permit spontaneity.

Oh, and I am interested in battles. :p Why? First, I know too many people who like to abuse the "dice" feature of AIM chats. It'd give 'em some purpose to their rollings. :sweat: Second, it'd all fit into the idea of parodying a fantasy RPG theme, which I think we could really have fun with. Alas, I'm still stumped when it comes to game mechanics...

But again, this thread's here to see what other people are interested in, so don't mind me too much. :D

--Romey

11. Agent S7

Agent S7 Destined to Rock

A GBA game, like Golden Sun or FF: Dawn of Souls. Maybe a plot similar to "Toontown", except funnier. It'd be great to fight off WB network execs with bad jokes (with nifty special effects). And the final boss(es) would be the man who invented "The Batman" (as a miniboss) the Exec (the most foul and evil creature to walk the earth), and, as a final boss, the evil BABY LOONEY TUNES!
    OK, maybe I took that a little too far... :sweat: But it still sounded cool at first.
    ~s7

12. Sparticus

Sparticus Should be drawing right now...

Wait, we're doing this ALL WRONG!! Paint-Chat RPG!! Mwa ha ha ha!!!

Er... that's, instead of talking, you have to draw a picture to reply. It wouldn't have to be anything fancy at all. We could do sort of a long, twisted pannel-at-a-time comic book RPG. The insanity...

13. Dragon79

Dragon79 Member

Hay also have the Final Boss be Evil Loonaniatcs and I can help with the Role Play

14. Neizd Aviir

Neizd Aviir Guest

Ok this is one fine thread but it's um...old? well no matter:sweat:
    This is what I created by mixing up 10% of my Ekklesia RPG system with Excelent Warner Bros Creation :) Have fun, and sorry for mistakes in my english:eek:

THIS IS ONLY A FAN MADE PRODUCT AND I DON'T OWN ANYTHING EXCEPT THE 10% OF EKKLESIA RPG SYSTEM (how to roll a dieces, experdience point system etc.) ALL WARNER BROS RELATED CONTENT IS NOT MINE AND I DO NOT HAVE ANY RIGHTS TO IT. NOBODY IS GETTING ANY PROFIT FROM THIS RPG SYSTEM AND IF WANRER BROS WANT ME TO REMOVE IT, THEN I WILL DO SO.

Important note: I didn't finish this system, because I don't have time to watch again all of looney tunes to add TRICK EFFECTS and TRICKS, but you are free to do so.:sweat:

*How does it work?

Species - determines the special advantages, that can't be learned but are natural to some kind of inhabitants of tooniverse.

Fame status - determines how important a toon is in the tooniverse, and how other toons react to it. (leftovers, sidekicks, villians, stars, etc.)

Money - Don't know how to use it yet, but I think it must be important (and where it isn't?)

Exp points - At some point of the game, the Game master gives player some Exp points to build up a character. (Player gets some Exp points for succesfully doing tricks)
    1 exp point = +1 to statistic (except Wackyness)
    1 exp point = +5 to Trick effect.
    5 exp points = +1 to Wackyness in statistics
    5 exp points = +1 Trick

Fame points - Players get them when Game Master decides that they earned some for their actions. They change the Fame status. They can get either below 0 or above it, so watch out what do you do.

Statistics - Those are tests, that are used to see if player managed to do something. The player rolls diece with 100 numbers (or two dieces with 10). If the number on diece is SMALLER that the number in statistics, that means the player passed the test and the action was succesfull.

Strength - Determines how powerfull, and well build is a character (Lifting objects, throwing them etc.)
    Stamina - Determines how many Life points does player have, and his resistance to falling anvils etc.
    Speed - Determines how fast player is (who has first move during battle or runs faster)
    Dexterity - Determines player dexterity level (For example, how well can player draw or juggle)
    Inteligence - Detrmines how smart player is (How well can he repair things, or build a new ones)
    Willpower - Determines how strong mind does player have (For example If he melts after kiss or not)
    Charisma - Determines how great speaker player is (For example, if he or she can distract foe by talking)
    Luck - Determines how big luck a player have (Twice a day can be a test for any action)
    Wackyness - Determines how Wacky a toon is. The more points, the more powerfull toon is if it comes to using tricks.

Trick effect & Tricks - If a toon decides to use a trick, it:
    1. Rolls diece to see if the Wackyness test was passed.
    2. If so, then the trick was made, but it's not the end.
    3. Player rolls dieces again for trick effect to see how good the trick was. (how many rolls depends on, how high the requirement for the trick are.)

Example:

Clampett Corneal Catastrophe - character transforms into a huge staring eyeball
    Effect - After failed stamina test players doesn't loose life points.
    Requires: Advanced Wild Takes of 235.

Player: Rolls diecie 3 times.
    200 = 2 diece rolls
    35 = 1 diece roll, but if the roll goes beyond 35 it does not qualify.

000 - 100 = 1 roll (+0.5 exp point)
    101 - 200 = 2 rolls (+1 exp point)
    201 - 300 = 3 rolls (+1.5 exp point)
    301 - 400 = 4 rolls (+2 exp point)
    401 - 500 = 5 rolls (+2.5 exp point)

Tricks can be learned only from teachers or from books (Player must go to school or other places where he or she can aquire a book)

*Character card:

Name:
    Species: (Every species gets three advantages that are listed below in Species&Advantages List)
    Life points:
    Money: (on start always 500)
    Exp. points: (on start always 0)
    Fame points: (on start always 0)

Statistics: 300 points for use. (Minimum 10, Maximum 90. for each except wackyness that is always 25.)

Strength- ?
    Stamina- ?
    Agility- ?
    Dexterity- ?
    Inteligence- ?
    Willpower- ?
    Charisma- ?
    Luck- ?
    Wackyness- 25

Trick effect: 800 points for use. (Minimum 0, Maximum 500 for each.) (The Trick effect list can be longer)

Outsmarting Antagonists- ?
    Wild Takes- ?
    Firearms- ?
    Exploding Cakes- ?
    Anvilology- ?
    Villain Whomping- ?
    Spotlight Stealing- ?
    Advanced Wild Takes- ? (Requires Wild takes of 500)
    Booby Traps- ?
    Fudd-ology- ?
    Anvil Dropping- ?

Tricks: (Tricks can be learned, when a character gets high enough Trick effect level. The complete list of Tricks is still missing)

Example:

Clampett Corneal Catastrophe - character transforms into a huge staring eyeball
    Effect - After failed stamina test players doesn't loose life points.
    Requires: Advanced Wild Takes of 235.

Advantages:

OTHER INFORMATIONS: (whatever player wishes to write)

Height:
    Weight:
    Hair/fur/feathers color:
    Eyes color:
    Outfit:
    Favourite food:
    Traits:
    Scared off:

*Species:

Humanoid Rabbit

Advantages:

1 Rabbit Ears - Can hear from long distances or through doors and windows if close enough.
    2 Digging - Can dig underground
    3 Rabbit foots - +10 to speed

Humanoid mallard

Advantages:

1. Flies - Can fly
    2. Swims - Can swim
    3. Removable bill - Can remove it's bill

And that's a wrap! :cool: