Toonzone News WB Launches Boomerang Streaming Service Hosting Over 5,000 Classic Cartoons

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Mandouga

Jun 27, 2007
Ratings
314 15
Newington, CT, USA
I think it's pretty stupid to release it (sort of) only on the Google Play store. Now that I know it's on there I'd like to test it out as well, but iOS users can't do that.
It's an "early access" app, something iOS doesn't support (I'm guessing). The page also notes that because it's in development, that "it may be unstable" as another user pointed out.

Me? I'm going to go ahead and wait for the full release. As for Wabbit/New Looney Tunes giving the paywall, I'm assuming that's a bug/error/glitch that will (hopefully) be looked into during the (otherwise) closed beta test. After all, it's supposed to be a 7 day free trial (for paying monthly) and a 30 day free trial for paying yearly. A free trial with only select shows available is pretty stupid in my opinion. That only makes it a glorified ad for the whole thing, and implies that they really want to you to pay from the start.

DeanBurrito25

Jan 15, 2009
Ratings
675 4
mattdeanart.com
The new Boomerang app has been promoted very well lately. Every so often, I see the official Cartoon Network Twitter and Facebook account either retweet or share posts from the Boomerang page featuring clips from their classic cartoon collection, which is a great way to get the word out as well as putting them in the spotlight for the younger generation who may not be as familiar with them as we are.

It's nice to see, really. Boomerang hasn't received this much attention in a long, long time.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Mar 11, 2005
Ratings
1,538 8
California, USA
adultswim.toonzone.net
They included a little button to add feedback (it's the button labeled "Grownups" in the corner), so they can make improvements before the official release.

I added a comment myself. I hope they'll implement it.
They took my suggestion! Sweet! Now I can browse episodes of every show without having to look at the paywall screen.

Also, they're starting to add more episodes of each show now. Three more Bunnicula episodes have been added since the last time I checked.

EDIT: Also, a new (appropriately timed) movie addition--Yogi the Easter Bear.

Last edited:

Toon Master

Mar 22, 2009
Ratings
37 1
None
Something interesting I've found. When you go to this link, for a quick second you can see the words Codename: Kids Next Door on the page. Watch for that cartoon to be added soon.

EDIT: And if you keep following the numbers in the link you'll get Captain Caveman and other shows that have yet to be added.