Toonzone News WB Launches Boomerang Streaming Service Hosting Over 5,000 Classic Cartoons

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Apr 11, 2015
Ratings
625 9

Mandouga

Jun 27, 2007
Ratings
315 15
Newington, CT, USA
I don't know if this has been pointed out already, but Droopy, Master Detective (a spinoff of Tom and Jerry Kids) is now available. There are 39 individual segments available, which equals to 13 half hour shows, so I'm guessing it's the complete series.

EDIT: Corrected a typo. I mean to say "Tom and 'Jerry' Kids". I typed "Jetty" instead.

Apr 11, 2015
Ratings
625 9
I don't know if this has been pointed out already, but Droopy, Master Detective (a spinoff of Tom and Jerry Kids) is now available. There are 39 individual segments available, which equals to 13 half hour shows, so I'm guessing it's the complete series.

EDIT: Corrected a typo. I mean to say "Tom and 'Jerry' Kids". I typed "Jetty" instead.
It has, very early on in the thread.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Mar 11, 2005
Ratings
1,541 8
California, USA
adultswim.toonzone.net
It's been on the app since day one.

Apr 11, 2015
Ratings
625 9
Coming Soon to Boomerang SVOD (probably next week)
View attachment 195971
Looks like Boomerang is getting into obscure territory. I don't think the Hanna-Barbera Paddington Bear series ever aired on Cartoon Network or the Boomerang TV channel in the United States, one of those Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera shows that got left behind.

MatthewRC

Jul 26, 2018
Ratings
4 1
Woodstock, GA
Looks like Boomerang is getting into obscure territory. I don't think the Hanna-Barbera Paddington Bear series ever aired on Cartoon Network or the Boomerang TV channel in the United States, one of those Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera shows that got left behind.
Maybe they'll eventually add obscure Cartoon Network original series like Mike, Lu & Og, Sheep in the Big City, Time Squad, and Whatever Happened to Robot Jones in the future!

Daffyrocks

"I'm Daffy the Gaucho!"
Jul 22, 2014
Ratings
1,113 15
Bucharest, Romania
The show did air on Boomerang EMEA from 2010, and Boomerang CEE from 2012 to 2014.

Cartoon Network Netherlands also aired the show in the past, according to some early continuity videos.

Anyways, that was really something unexpected. :O I thought Turner has the rights to this show internationally only.

Nexonius

Ten, count em', ten years!
Jun 28, 2007
Ratings
592 10
Earth Two
Well, there's several H-B product CN never aired, yet they still own. Meanwhile, a handful of their coproductions that did air went back to their respective companies as time went on. So don't expect Godzilla or Midnight Patrol to show up.

Apr 11, 2015
Ratings
625 9
Meanwhile, a handful of their coproductions that did air went back to their respective companies as time went on.
There was an Animation Anecdotes entry on Cartoon Research that quoted Joseph Barbera on this:
If I do a show like Popeye or Godzilla, we don’t own it outright. We participate with many partners. On Popeye, we have the toughest partners in the world, King Features. That’s why we prefer to do something original.
SOURCE

Aug 11, 2018
Ratings
24 1
San Francisco
Guess this is why Warner Bros. won the rights to distribute Paddington 2 after TWC bankruptcy and scandal started. Would they have to buy the distribution rights for 1 and the future movies if there is potential for 3? Also, wondering if AT&T is just looking to keep all Warner, Turner, HBO, and Otter streaming services separate from each other or eventually bundling it together into one and give more content under one platform for a reasonable price? It makes more sense to bundle it into one platform if the plan from AT&T, according to the WarnerMedia CEO, is to create more synergy between the four divisions.

PF9

Jul 9, 2008
Ratings
133 11
Ohio
Well, there's several H-B product CN never aired, yet they still own. Meanwhile, a handful of their coproductions that did air went back to their respective companies as time went on. So don't expect Godzilla or Midnight Patrol to show up.
2 of these co-productions, the Super Friends franchise and The Dukes, were with none other than future sister company WB. Super Friends might show up on DC Universe since it's a DC show, but I could definitely see The Dukes on Boomerang.

Nexonius

Ten, count em', ten years!
Jun 28, 2007
Ratings
592 10
Earth Two
There was an Animation Anecdotes entry on Cartoon Research that quoted Joseph Barbera on this:

SOURCE
Right, so even with some non established characters, the rights reverted. I made a list of shows that aren't owned by WB:

Midnight Patrol (NBCUniversal)
Godzilla (Toho, licensed to DreamWorks Animation) (NBCUniversal)
Berenstain Bears 80s series and any H-B Australian production, like Drak Pack, the several ABC specials, and I think Dinky Dog
Any Patridge Family/Jeannie series, Sony owns them. The Goober series that had crossovers wit the former are H-B, but the rights are tangled I believe
The first Harlem Globetrotters series and The Little Rascals segments (CBS)
Star Fairies (Hasbro)
Pink Panther & Sons (MGM, United Artists)
Gravedale High (NBCUniversal)
Monster in My Pocket (Morrison, the last product H-B didn't own made after the Turner buyout)
Sinbad (MGM, I believe)
Bill and Red (MGM)
Lost in Space (Fox, soon to be Disney owned)
The Happy Days spinoffs, Laverene & Shirley and Fonz, and Love, American Style (CBS)
Popeye and Hagar product (Hearst)
Several ABC TV movies that ABC retained (Disney)
The Jetsons Movie (NBCUniversal)
The live action Flintstone movies (NBCUniversal)

Ruby-Spears:

Several ABC specials
Miss Switch
It's Punky Brewster (NBCUniversal)
Lazer Tag Academy
Rambo
Alvin and the Chipmunks (ancillary wise it could be WB, but years have passed)
Sectaurs
Rubik, The Amazing Cube
Piggsburg Pigs (Disney)

Last edited: