Warner Home Video Announces "The Dark Knight Trilogy: Ultimate Collector's Edition"

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by James Harvey, Jul 2, 2013.

1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Warner Home Video has issued a press release for the upcoming The Dark Knight Trilogy: Ultimate Collector's Edition release. The six-disc Blu-ray set will feature a host of new content paired with previously-released bonus material. For complete details, including release date and a look at the actual package, continue below.

[​IMG]

THE DARK KNIGHT TRILOGY:
    ULTIMATE COLLECTOR'S EDITION

BLU-RAY' DEBUT SEPTEMBER 24
    FROM WARNER BROS. HOME ENTERTAINMENT

All Three Films, New Special Features, and Memorabilia​

Christopher Nolan's reimagining of the Batman franchise beginning with 2005's Batman Begins enjoyed phenomenal critical and box-office success.

Now on September 24, Nolan's three Batman films - Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, and The Dark Knight Rises - will be released by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment as The Dark Knight Trilogy: Ultimate Collector's Edition. The six-disc set will feature all three films with their existing extra content, two new featurettes and exclusive new collectible memorabilia. This must-own collection for fans of DC Comics' Caped Crusader is available in premium packaging and will sell for $99.97 SRP.

About the Ultimate Collector's Edition (UCE):
    *Disc 1 - Batman Begins Feature and Special Features
    *Disc 2 - The Dark Knight Feature
    *Disc 3 - The Dark Knight Special Features
    *Disc 4 - The Dark Knight Rises Feature
    *Disc 5 - The Dark Knight Rises Special Features
    *Disc 6 - Bonus Disc of New Special Features (details follow)

NEW Special Features:

-The Fire Rises: The Creation and Impact of The Dark Knight Trilogy - The inside perspective on the fascinating story behind the creation of one of the most celebrated franchises and how it changed the scope of movie making forever. Full of never-before-seen footage, rare moments, and exclusive interviews with Guillermo Del Toro, Damon Lindelof, Michael Mann, Richard Roeper, Zack Snyder and others.

-Christopher Nolan & Richard Donner: A Conversation - For the first time, Directors Christopher Nolan (The Dark Knight Trilogy) and Richard Donner (Superman) sit down to discuss the trials and triumphs involved in bringing the two most iconic superheroes of all time to the big screen, and how Superman influenced Nolan when developing Batman Begins.

-IMAX® Sequences: The Dark Knight; The Dark Knight Rises - See your favorite scenes as they were intended in the original IMAX aspect ratio

-Exclusive NEW Memorabilia:
    --Premium Mattel Hot Wheels Vehicles: Batmobile, Batpod and Tumbler
    --Newly commissioned collectible art cards by Mondo featuring Scarecrow, Joker, Bane, Harvey Dent, and Ra-s al Ghul
    --48-page hardcover book featuring production stills and behind the scenes images from all three movies

About The Films

Batman Begins (2005)
    Batman Begins explores the origins of the Batman legend and the Dark Knigh-s emergence as a force for good in Gotham. In the wake of his parents' murder, disillusioned industrial heir Bruce Wayne (Christian Bale) travels the world seeking the means to fight injustice and turn fear against those who prey on the fearful. He returns to Gotham and unveils his alter-ego: Batman, a masked crusader who uses his strength, intellect and an array of high tech deceptions to fight the sinister forces that threaten the city.

The Dark Knight (2008)
    The follow-up to Batman Begins, The Dark Knight reunites director Christopher Nolan and star Christian Bale, who reprises the role of Batman/Bruce Wayne in his continuing war on crime. With the help of Lt. Jim Gordon (Gary Oldman) and District Attorney Harvey Dent (Aaron Eckhart), Batman sets out to destroy organized crime in Gotham for good. The triumvirate proves effective, but soon find themselves prey to a rising criminal mastermind known as The Joker (Heath Ledger), who thrusts Gotham into anarchy and forces Batman closer to crossing the fine line between hero and vigilante. Maggie Gyllenhaal joins the cast as Rachel Dawes. Returning from Batman Begins are Oldman, Michael Caine as Alfred and Morgan Freeman as Lucius Fox.

The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
    It has been eight years since Batman vanished into the night, turning, in that instant, from hero to fugitive. Assuming the blame for the death of D.A. Harvey Dent, the Dark Knight sacrificed everything for what he and Commissioner Gordon both hoped was the greater good. For a time the lie worked, as criminal activity in Gotham City was crushed under the weight of the anti-crime Dent Act. But everything will change with the arrival of a cunning cat burglar with a mysterious agenda. Far more dangerous, however, is the emergence of Bane, a masked terrorist whose ruthless plans for Gotham drive Bruce out of his self-imposed exile. But even if he dons the cape and cowl again, Batman may be no match for Bane. Christian Bale stars, along with Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, Anne Hathaway, Tom Hardy, Marion Cotillard, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Morgan Freeman.

THE DARK KNIGHT TRILOGY: ULTIMATE COLLECTOR’S EDITION (BD)
    Street Date: September 24, 2013
    Order Due Date: August 20, 2013
    Catalog/UPC #: 1000372133 / 883929308002
    Pricing: $99.97 SRP

Note: All enhanced content listed above is subject to change.

Blu-ray Disc™ and Blu-ray™ and the logos are the trademarks of Blu-ray Disc Association.

® & © 2009 IMAX Corporation. All rights reserved.

Warner Home Video Blu-ray Discs™ offer resolution six times higher than standard definition DVDs, as well as extraordinarily vibrant contrast and color and beautifully crisp sound. The format also provides a higher level of interactivity, with instant access to extra features via a seamless menu bar where viewers can enjoy features without leaving or interrupting the film.

2. DarkAngel

DarkAngel Lord Vader

I'm disappointed. I held off on buying the current BD set, because I was waiting for this one. I was especially hoping for commentary tracks, but at the very least expected a lot more extensive set of new extras. I know Chris doesn't tend to do commentaries, but they seriously couldn't have gotten Jonah and Goyer to do one? Or some cast members? Or some current/former Batman writers?

I think I'll just look for a good price on the current discs.

3. defunctzombie

defunctzombie 1992 not 2002
    Staff Member Moderator

Why are they acting like Nolan is the first person to make a Batman movie? I'd be much more interested in an interview between Donner and Tim Burton.

4. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

Why would they interview Burton on a set dedicated to Nolan's films?

Also, there is no incline to say Burton was inspired by the Donner Superman film, it would be a rather pointless conversation.

I may pick this up when it's cheap. I'm not interested in the toys or the artwork, but the rest of the features sound cool. It is a shame there's no commentaries.

5. defunctzombie

defunctzombie 1992 not 2002
    Staff Member Moderator

No, I don't mean that this set should have such an interview. I meant that if I had to see a Batman director talk to a Superman director, it would be Burton.

But I didn't really see that much influence from the Superman movies in Nolan's work, so that's another reason why I think it's strange.

6. rkofan87

rkofan87 Member

Yes yes yes yes yes yes

7. DarkAngel

DarkAngel Lord Vader

Current Trilogy set (BD) is on sale for $25 at amazon.com ($19.49 for DVD). Think I'll definitely just grab this rather than the ultimate edition.

8. Storm Eagle

Storm Eagle Power to the peaceful

I had that, but then I saw that I can get a full version of the book that comes with it. So I sold that, and kept my individual copies of the first two movies in steelbook packaging because of some Best Buy exclusive perk. Now I'd sell those and get this ultimate collector's edition. I'm keeping my copy of The Dark Knight Rises since it's the Target exclusive version that comes with a prologue comic.

9. CrisMVP3200

CrisMVP3200 New Member

I have the Blu-Ray TDK Trilogy original set, and I saw the insert about the Ultimate Collector's Box. Except the Hot Wheels collectibles, I'm not really interested in the rest of the bonus features.

^A3