Warner Bros. Studio Stores 1990-2001

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by dth1971, Mar 27, 2008.

1. DaffyDonaldQW93

[duplicate image snipped]

A sweepstakes to be a cartoon character on a Kids WB show? We need Tom Ruegger to clarify if there was a winner or not.

2. cognitofalcon

cognitofalcon G'night evry' body!!

I know the feeling, these shows should be on TV again, but I just sound like a nostalgic old fool.

I know the answers to all those questions on that sweepstakes thing.

3. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Fourteen Years!

"This September, Yakko, Wakko and Dot are leaving their old network behind...

...and are moving to a network only a fraction of their FOX audience got, where they will die a slow, painful death due to network incompetence and the arrival of a certain Nintendo series. You want the entire series on home media one day? Tough toe-nails."

Sad.

4. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Network hops are always risky business. But I would imagine that, at the time, the switch seemed like a good thing. Think about it: Fox Kids was becoming more action-oriented, with shows like X-Men, Batman, Power Rangers, Spider-Man, and Carmen Sandiego, as well as Goosebumps and Masked Rider in the pipeline. They still had some comedy cartoons (The Tick, Eek! The Cat), but it wasn't as big of focus anymore, and wouldn't really be anymore for the most part.

By contrast, A! felt right at home during its first year on WB, as it shared space with Freakazoid!, Sylvester & Tweety Mysteries, and Looney Tunes reruns. And from a brand standpoint, it was a smart move, as the Warners characters were from WB. It always seemed odd that a show on Fox would prominently feature the WB lot.

It's too bad things ultimately didn't work out due to the switch, and some of which was for stupid reasons (too many older viewers).

5. adoptedBatpuppy

adoptedBatpuppy Confidence is the Key

I remember these stores especially WB! How I miss going there. I was a little kid with limited income back then, so I did not really buy anything but loved browsing around the place. Those galleries they used to have were amazing! At one point I almost got locked in the store when they closed. Good thing the manager noticed me..otherwise I would have gotten in serious trouble. :eek:

Some Disney stores are still around in my area, but WB is not around anymore. They closed their doors years ago.
    They also had snow globes, plates and cups/mugs with classic characters like Superman, Animaniacs, Looney Tunes, etc
    They used to carry clothes toys and various other memorabilia as well...
    I heard that WB moved their studio store online...but it's not the same anymore.

cognitofalcon,

Who won that contest? Is it the one where you had to draw your fav WB character to enter? I think I might have entered it, by drawing Wakko, and sending him to studio. I don't remember now.

spidey4545,

Can you please share some of the clips and animation stuff you bought?

Thank you

6. spidey4545

spidey4545 Fox Kids Historian
    Reporter

Thanks for your interest. Unfortunately, nearly three years later, I haven't gotten around to acquiring a laser disc player; so I still don't know what's on the discs. I am going to try and track one down since it really is intriguing me what type of content is on them.

7. cognitofalcon

cognitofalcon G'night evry' body!!

You can probably find one pretty cheap, they only stopped making them a few years ago