"Vixen" Animated Series News & Discussion Thread, Part 1 (Spoilers)

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
7,595 6
A Valid Location
It's cool they're releasing the episodes as a movie, with some new content as well. Those 15 minutes are like three extra episodes.

My first thought was they would find the two missing Totems (Earth & Wind), but an introduction or set-up for the Ray sounds pretty likely as well.

Greg91

Reporter
Dec 30, 2013
Ratings
1,765 5
Canada
Finally, people outside of America will get to see this show! :D My excitement for this show back in early 2015 seems like a while ago now. You guys who have already seen seasons 1 and 2 don't know how many people who couldn't watch this show finally can now. We've waited for so long...

I guess we're going to have to wait this long for shows like The Ray to come out for other regions. 2019, I'll be waiting for you!

I'm beyond glad Justice League Unlimited episodes were included on the set because that's exactly what I thought they could do if they brought the show to Blu-ray/DVD quite some time ago.

The only way this would be perfect for me is if they included the Arrow episode "Taken" which featured Vixen. Seems like a missed opportunity but if they make more seasons and release them like this they could add that episode and any others on a future set.

Either way, as you may be able to tell, I'm very happy right now! :p Seriously, it is irritating to have to wait years to get to see this.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,318 21
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
3/28: I just noticed the back cover for "Vixen: The Movie" is on its Amazon page now.
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/918NBp9jwUL._SL1500_.jpg

Synopsis for featurette:
Some of the greatest challenges our super heroes have to overcome are the ones that originate from within. This documentary will explore these themes that are found in the animated adventure as Mari unlocks the secrets of her Anansi Totem and her past.
5/9: When asked Guggenheim said season 3 is currently a "possibility" and will take stock after work on Freedom Fighters is done.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,318 21
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
I'm guessing this will be broadcasting the full movie :)?

Kinda odd that they brought in the crew but not the voice of Vixen herself o_O.
I would think so, the trailer said it was occupying a 2 hour block so the movie plus Tiffany Smith's interview.

EDIT: Yep, TV Guide listing is Vixen: The Movie.

Last edited:

Lonewolf36

Sep 18, 2005
Ratings
Anybody not watching Legends of Tomorrow missed a big reveal tied to the animated series last night
A disciple of the series new big baddie Mallas, reforms Kuasa from a lake of water bringing her back to life