"Venom" Pre-Release Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by MDawg, May 19, 2017.

1. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

I'm going to guess this movie is going to imply this is part some kind of multiverse where Peter exists but isn't Spiderman. Yeesh hopefully this doesn't put my idea of how to introduce the X-Men into the MCU out of whack.

• Creative Creative x 1
  2. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

You know you're trailer has problems when of all people Rob Liefeld is calling you out on that.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/veno...sappointed-by-the-first-venom-trailer-a157754

And granted Rob Liefeld isn't really a movie expert or anything but even he knows even if it's a teaser you actually have to TEASE the main product you're talking about and show people you can deliver on what they want to see. Again when Deadpool was doing it's first trailer back at 2015 comic con, it actually had done enough post production to actually SHOW the title character in they're role and the way people want to see them. You NEED to do the same with Venom in some form and they didn't do that so they should be called out for that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

Well, have they confirmed a rating yet?

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

4. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

No, not yet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

So, that leaves a little wiggle room. If they later on show Venom tearing through some mafioso, or even cops it might save this. I still think this was premature.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

This is a character that works better in the R rating territory, imo, and presumably Sony has convinced themselves they can get Deadpool's success with an R Venom movie.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, at this point, if Sony gave Venom a PG-13 rating, it would come across as them chickening out, I think.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. dmxx116

dmxx116 Well-Known Member

After seeing trailer this is nothing but a cash grabbing movie for Avi Arad since Spider-Man 3 thank god Arad is not running Marvel Studios.

9. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Well-Known Member

I'm speaking to the choir at this point, but it's such a lame trailer. This was already a movie that I was seriously on the fence about, and this did nothing to get me even remotely excited. I also love how they think that Venom is so well known that they don't even bother to include the entire name of the title. I'll bet a lot of people who see this in theatres for the first time are going to think the movie is just called "V." Yes, Venom is a very well known character, but he's hardly at the level of someone like Spider-Man. The movie may still be decent, but the marketing thus far has been lacklustre.

• Like Like x 2