Upcoming "Star Wars" Feature Films Pre-Release News & Discussion Part Two (Spoilers)

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

wonderfly

Shaking things up a bit
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 22, 2002
Ratings
829 14
Springfield, MO
Well, Harrison Ford probably said the same thing, but if you wait 25 to 30 years, you never know who may end up returning to a role in a film series...

EDIT: As long as she's not getting the attitude of "I've got to get await from these stupid geek fans, there's more to me than playing this character!", like Harrison Ford and William Shatner. The faster you realize "You are now a part of mythology, you will ALWAYS be this character", the better off you'll be.

wonderfly

Shaking things up a bit
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 22, 2002
Ratings
829 14
Springfield, MO
It's similar to the Harry Potter kid's attitude. Course they endured 10 years of shooting.
Hmm, good point, though they were kids when they first started filming that series, Daisy was in her early 20's when she landed the role of Rey (21 or 22 I believe).

Heh, I just checked, and all of the main stars of Harry Potter are older than Daisy in real life. Rupert Grint was born in '88, Daniel Radcliffe was born in '89, and Emma Watson was born in '90. Daisy Ridley was born in '92. The passage of time is a funny thing...

the greenman

Jul 24, 2006
Ratings
2,896 5 1
the point of no return
Will Johnson write and direct his own trilogy?

https://www.google.com/amp/collider.com/rian-johnson-new-star-wars-trilogy-plans/amp/

“Honestly I don’t know yet [if I’ll direct all three]. I know I’m gonna come up with the whole thing, the idea is to come up with one big story, but I know I’m gonna write and direct at least the first one. Then I’m gonna have to—even the first one at this point we’re still figuring it out, so I don’t know yet. But I know I want to come up with the whole thing and then we’ll see.”
That idea has me intrigued. Similar how Nolan got to do a Batman trilogy.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

the greenman

Jul 24, 2006
Ratings
2,896 5 1
the point of no return
Game of Thrones writing team
(David Benioff and D.B. Weiss) will be writing and producing the new Star Wars trilogy:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-makers-of-game-of-thrones-are-writing-and-producing-1822774890/amp

“In the summer of 1977 we traveled to a galaxy far, far away, and we’ve been dreaming of it ever since,” Benioff and Weiss said in a joint statement. “We are honored by the opportunity, a little terrified by the responsibility, and so excited to get started as soon as the final season of Game of Thrones is complete.”
Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Reporter
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
10,998 21
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
To be precise Benioff and Weiss will write a new trilogy of movies separate from the classic trilogy and Rian's upcoming trilogy. So I can only wonder when it's set. Rian has the future so to speak, the spin offs are in the classic era so perhaps they are doing something way in the past of the canon.

A few SW projects are being worked on for the Disney Streaming Service, too. So we could be looking a several TV shows, too.