Universal Kids (formerly Sprout) (TALKBACK)

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

barcncpt44

Road, Weather, News Junkie Geek
Feb 23, 2013
Ratings
Anniston, AL
geekalabama.com
Deadline is reporting that Sprout will be rebranded as Universal Kids this September.

https://deadline.com/2017/05/sprout...unior-dreamworks-animation-series-1202080226/

The general preschool shows will continue from 3 am to 6 pm. But from 6 pm to 3 am, there will be more general family programming like "Top Chef Junior", "All Hail King Julien", "Hank Zipzer", and "DreamWorks Dragons: Riders of Berk."

There will be new preschool shows including "Kody Kapow", and there will be new international shows premiering including "Nowhere Boys", "Little Lunch", and "The Next Step."

PinkiePie97

Staff member
Aug 14, 2015
Ratings
4,840 40
Massachusetts
cartoon-info-blog.blogspot.com
The Article said that the Sprout name would still be the name for their Preschool shows and that Universal Kids for the Older Kids Programming from 6 pm-3am.
I'm not entirely sure if it meant the channel will still have preschool shows after it rebrands to Universal Kids or if they'll still use the Sprout branding for preschool programming after Universal Kids starts.

DHB8008

Sep 8, 2014
Ratings
102 2
The World
Hank Zipzer is quite a British show (apart from Henry Winkler), it will be interesting to see how it does in the US.

Winkler (who created and stars in it) even said in an interview that he would never be able to sell it in the US because of the cultural differences.

Red Arrow :D

Proud Beneluxer
Oct 22, 2012
Ratings
3,381 66 1
Belgium
Hank Zipzer is quite a British show (apart from Henry Winkler), it will be interesting to see how it does in the US.

Winkler (who created and stars in it) even said in an interview that he would never be able to sell it in the US because of the cultural differences.
It has already premiered in several European countries on Disney XD / Disney Channel.

SpongieLoud

Twitter: @miidude777
Feb 27, 2017
Ratings
134 2
It's been so long since I've watched Sprout. I only watched it when I was in Kindergarden when it was still PBS Kids Sprout. Definitely will check out the Universal Kids channel.