"Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series)" News & Discussion Thread, Part 8 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Dec 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cjeromek

cjeromek Member

The Return of the Guardians of the Galaxy is from way later in the season.

2. Venom Melendez

Venom Melendez Active Member

That's because Avenging Spider-Man comes first, Return of the Guardians of the Galaxy is from later on in the season.

3. Level

Level Member

So the Guardians ep aired almost 2 months before the season starts to promote the upcoming GotG movie?
    Also, regarding Falcon's old suit, does that mean that S3 takes place before the season finale of Avengers Assemble? If so, then it would be a bit weird, because Spider-Man only had about 2 appearances on that show.

4. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

I can't say that I'd mind them ditching the Falcon redesign.

5. Roxas_Sora

Roxas_Sora Well-Known Member

Hey, guys! With "Web Warriors" being so close to debut in the USA, I suppose it should appear promo material of it through this month, along with videos and other stuff. I'm calling your help to find as much material as is possible, especially since it could gives us some surprises and spoilers. For the time being, I have found this pictures, one of them coming from Disney XD Latino:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now, I need your help to identify these pictures. I don't know what they are, but they seem a collection of cards about "Web Warriors". Most of them confirm spoilers already confirmed from the episodes aired in the UK, but there's one of them that could give us the spoiler of a new character in the series, never seen in animated form before:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well, anyone knows where these "cards" come from, please?

6. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

The monthly Marvel Universe - Ultimate Spider-Man comic title, which presents episodes of the animated series in the comic book format using screen captures, is being retitled and renumbered starting in November. Marvel Universe - Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors #1 hits shelves November 26th, 2014 for $3.99 Click on the thumbnail below for a look at the cover artwork.

[​IMG]

7. dr_marvel2040

dr_marvel2040 Member

I like the new electro design...and I haven't read about jack o lantern. ...but he look as a cool dangerous character like hobgoblin.....

8. TFormersMarvel

TFormersMarvel Active Member

If anyone's interested in some background info on: Jack O'Lantern (Marvel Comics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jack O Lantern? Honestly, I've only heard of that guy from playing Marvel: Avengers Alliance. He seems like he could he a cool character as he's a Legacy/Mantle Character and one of them was a teenager (since Ultimate Spidey isn't afraid of making younger versions of characters).

9. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

They made Electro more closely resemble his movie form, it seems.

10. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I actually think he looks more like the Ultimate Electro from the comics, though he does resemble movie Electro in that he's still wearing a suit even when he's powered up :cool:.

I like the team redesigns :).

Vulture's design is...interesting. I was expecting him to show up in season 2 in the same vein as Lizard and Rhino, someone who was originally human but takes a serum to transform into a more deadly form, and it seems the creative team is still going with that for his debut in Web Warriors. The hair is a little weird though :sweat:.

Cool to see Jack O'Lantern showing up :D.

11. Roxas_Sora

It took me some time, but I finally found the source of the cards where these potential spoilers came from. It is from a Trading Card name called "Marvel Hero Attax - Series 3". I found a few more cards with interesting spoilers. I can't post the pictures like in the previous ones, but I can tell you about what kind of spoilers are. Check this out:

+ The animated debut of a popular villain in the 90's animated series: Shocker.
    + Power Man has an "upgrade" just like the rest of the team. Apparently, it doesn't have nothing at sigth, but we could have a surprise. Basically his costume is the same, but more similar to Hector Alvarez's version of Power Man. The shirt is almost full yellow and the pants are almost full black. He now wears metal bracalets in his arms, an metal belt, and metal boots. His sunglasses look like bigger too.

Well, what do you think?

12. Roxas_Sora

I wanted to post this some time ago, but it seems the forums are having a problem with a "Database Error". I'm glad to see the "Marvel Animation" of the forums is still intact, keeping his cool design. Anyway, sorry for the double post, but no one else has responded and I have new news. Check out the page of Disney XD in Disney XD.com, it has a new updated page of "Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors", with a little description of new characters in this season. Check the spoilers if you want to read them right now:

+ Spider-Man: Despite being a super-hero, Peter is still an average 16-year-old who will discover the "great responsibility" of being a leader.
    + Iron Spider: Iron Spider, AKA Amadeus Cho, is a teenaged super-genius. In his high-powered armor, he brings both strength and smarts to any fight.
    + Agent Venom: When Flash Thompson gains new powers after exposure to the Venom symbiote, he begins his training with S.H.I.E.L.D. as Agent Venom.
    + Spider-Girl: Spider-Girl, AKA Petra Parker, fights super villains - like Norma Osborn AKA Goblin - in an alternate world where genders are reversed!
    + Spider-Man Noir: Spider-Man Noir, AKA The Spider, fights crimes in a dark and gritty alternate New York where airships rule the skies.
    + Miles Morales: Miles Morales, a 13-year-old boy (almost 14!) with powers similar to Spider-Man, considers Peter Parker his biggest inspiration.
    + Spyder-Knight: As the Spider-Man of an alternate medieval world, Spyder-Knight uses his spider powers to protect the citizens of York from danger.
    + Spider-Man 2099: In an alternate world where Spider-Man is a legend of the past, Miguel O'Hara fights evil and crime in future New York.
    *NOTES: OK, so this Spider-Man Noir is not "Slinger" as I expected, but he's neither THE real Spider-Man Noir from comics. (Airships rule the skies?). And Spyder-Knight must be from England as he's from the original York.

Well, opinions?

By the way, seriously, if someone knows where to find full HD versions of the images of the new characters, please tell me!!

13. Alonso Torrejon

Alonso Torrejon Active Member

I'd like to check out any episode with Spider-Girl. Wonder what the male Spidey himself will think of her?

14. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

The Avenging Spider-Man, Part 1 is currently free on Itunes if anyone's interested.

15. Zentron

Zentron Member

Shame I don't have access to iTunes :(

16. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

Ha. So I was correct about Noir. Interesting they don't mention Peter being dead in Miles' timeline.

17. dr_marvel2040

dr_marvel2040 Member

Any other spoiler picture like that of jack o lantern. New elecrro design????

18. Bit Cloud

Bit Cloud Member

With all these new heroes showing up, in both USM and AA I wonder if we have a chance to see an animated adaption of the "Civil War" ark. It would be interesting to see, cause all the superheroes would be on different sides of the issue. Captain America and Iron Man for example, Spiderman and "Amazing Friends" might also be split apart, with different team members thinking the registration act is a good thing while others not, which would result in many leaving the Helicarrier and SHIELD.

19. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

If you did Civil War in animation it would have to be completely different from the comics.

And let's be honest, it wasn't that good of a story. It's more known for its premise, some fun ads and memes and notoriety than anything else.

20. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

Here's a new Marvel Animation interview from Stephen Wacker: Axel-In-Charge: The Wacker Factor - Marvel Animation and "Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors" - Comic Book Resources

There's a lot of new details here regarding new villains in Avengers Assemble season 2, guest-stars in Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H., info on the new Guardians show, the potential for a new X-Men series, and of course, the soon to premiere Ultimate Spider-Man Web Warriors. I won't spoil any of it here. Go check out the interview!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.