TZ Big Brother Challenge #3 - Throat Clearing Time

Discussion in 'Reality Bytes' started by Lord Dalek, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek Uncreative Hack

ATTENTION HOUSEMATES! This is Big Brother speaking! Your challenge is as follows...

Human privacy is something we all worship and glorify so much that a show like Big Brother is purely designed to exploit it. This week your challenge is to create a five paragraph 200 word essay dedicated to some element of invasion of privacy. This will be a two week long challenge with the prizes as follows...

WEEK ONE: The writer of the essay I enjoy the most will win immunity.

WEEK TWO: The writer of the essay THE AUDIENCE judges to be the best will win HOH.

So get your word processors ready and away we go!

2. Lord Dalek

Oh and if nobody responds this week, four people will be randomly selected for eviction.

3. Mr Cat Dog

Mr Cat Dog Bite me

Do we just post them in here, or do we PM the essays to you?

4. Lord Dalek

Just post em here.

5. Mr Cat Dog

Mr Cat Dog Bite me

OK, here goes... it's not your usual essay per se, but I think you may like it:

There once was a little town called Privacy. The residents of Privacy knew each other well, and were very close. Privacy was a safe community. Crime was low. Kids weren’t smoking pot. It was a peaceful place to live.

Then, suddenly, disaster struck. ABC wanted to use Privacy as its town in its new television show: Invasion. Without warning, camera crews and snotty actors bombarded the small town to produce cheap trash television. The residents were shocked and appalled.

The townspeople rushed to their local mayor’s office, only to find the mayor taken hostage by Michael Eisner! Eisner demanded that the townspeople use their town for filming, or he’d kill the mayor and Miss Sarah Bellum as well.

Defeated, the townspeople watched as Invasion invaded Privacy. Set designers broke down walls; actors murdered dialogue and Eisner scoffed at the town’s famous lock-keeping systems. The residents had had enough. They couldn’t stop production, but they could get the show cancelled.

After ABC left, Privacy made its move. Street corners. Television shows. The Internet. All of these places weren’t safe from the protests of Privacy. The media got word, and started to criticise Invasion. Ratings dropped dramatically, and the show was cancelled.

Ta da!

6. Kury Wagner

Kury Wagner Jizzyboobgirlkury

I take no blame for this insanity; you all know how I am.

Stalking is defined as a form of harassment, but at times could be considered flattering. There's nothing wrong with stalking of the playful sort, though it depends entirely on the person. Stalking can be a good way of getting to know someone better. Actions you could take include: calling to hear someone's voicemail, installing a keylogger on their computer, or stealing someone's mail.

When stalking, be sure to dress appropriately. If the person you plan to stalk lives in the suburbs, try to dress all in green, as to blend in with the shrubbery. If they live in the city, dress like a hobo.

If you're being stalked, simply try to weird out your stalker. For instance, if your stalker is very into sports, begin to bash his or her favourite team's best player in the face; preferably with a nine-iron.

Never attempt to confront your stalker. However, if you can accidentally (wink wink) throw hot soup out your window at them, go right for it. If all else fails, and you cannot get someone to stop stalking you, begin stalking them.

Warning: stalking is not for the elderly, those under the age of fourteen, or those with high cholesterol.

[xspoilerx=My excuse]I really didn't want to do this, so I just cranked somethin' out. *shrugs*[/xspoilerx]

#6 Kury Wagner, Aug 2, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2006
  7. Weatherman

Weatherman Space...not what it used to be
    Staff Member Reporter

Eh, it's something.

So, what is the worst for of invasion of privacy? Phone tapping? Rifling through medical records? Bug-ladden emails designed to steal your bank passwords and loot your acounts?

No, none of these are even close to the worst form of privacy invasion. Fake internet screen names. Why are fake IM names the worst form of privacy invasion? How can they be worse than the government snooping or some dude in Khazakstan stealing your email address so he can entice you to buy Ciallas at low low prices? Simple.

If you’re not guilty, you have nothing to hide form the government, and Ciallas email is as easy to get rid of as hitting the “delete key”. But fake SNs, that’s a whole different ball game.

Someone with a fake screen name can steal your personal secrets and use it against you. It would be so easy forsomeone to just make up any old SN and use it to gain your trust. Once they have that trust they can hurt you, tell people you don’t want finding out your deepest secrets, or even use it to stab you in the back.

Of course, it’s virtually impossible to do anything about it, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t suck when it happens.

8. Colin

Colin Oh... this is not good.
    Staff Member Administrator

Who's to blame for the increase in Invasion of Privacy cases these days? Many are quick to point the finger of blame at the television media, with the rise of Reality TV. However, where does the true blame lie? Who is responsible for the fact that I have to put up a 14-foot wall around my house? Who is responsible for me having to paint all the windows in my house black? Sting, that's who.

You think I'm joking, don't you? Well, let's take a look at some of his song titles... "Someone to Watch Over Me," "Don't Stand So Close to Me," “We’ll Be Together,” and of course "Every Breath You Take (I’ll Be Watching You).” Let’s look at some of his lyrics… “Why are these women here dancing on their own? (They Dance Alone),” and also “If I should dare To think you care This is what I'd say to you . (You Were Meant For Me.”

The man must be stopped! Because of his music, a whole generation was brought up thinking that it’s okay to watch over someone… to follow their every move… telling someone what they should and should not wear (My heart goes out to you, Roxanne…)

Can Sting be stopped? I fear that it’s too late for the older generation. Countless millions of us grew up listening to Sting pop out popular tunes one after the other, getting stuck in our heads without a thought for what Sting was trying to tell us. Who would have known that Sting is the reason there is no concern for privacy.

It’s not too late to save the children! I implore you! Take the children out and buy them wholesome, quality music. Music that encourages good moral values. Music to teach them to love and respect their fellow human being. Yes, that’s right… the music of David Hasselhoff.

9. Lord Dalek

Only four entries??? Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. Oh well, guess I should announce a winner then for IMMUNITY/VETO and that winner is...

Mr. Cat Dog. Congratulations! Now we go to the audience to find out who will be this week's head of household.

10. Mr Cat Dog

Mr Cat Dog Bite me

Why thank you, Dalek. And the people of Privacy thank you too.

11. Lord Dalek

Well it appears we have a tie. One vote a piece for MCD and Kury. In order to proceed on, I'm going to utilize the tie breaking die of fate. Mr. Cat Dog as you were first to submit you may call odds or evens.

12. Mr Cat Dog

Mr Cat Dog Bite me

If I have to, then I say odds.

But, if I have the option of giving the HOH up, and since I have immunity, I wouldn't mind if Kury was HOH...

13. Lord Dalek

By roll of the dice we have... a TWO! Kury Wagner you are head of household for this week! Congratulations!