Transformers: Cyberverse

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
10,912 45
Sherman Oaks CA
Hasbro and Boulder Media will be releasing a new Transformers cartoon, Transformers: Cyberverse, in 2018.

The series will once again focus on Bumblebee, with Windblade alongside him, and here's the synopsis:

Bumblebee is on a critical mission where lives are at stake! Only, he can’t remember what it is? It’s a good thing his best friend Windblade has found him to help repair his damaged memory chips. With each recovered memory, Bumblebee rediscovers his past adventures on Cybertron before coming to Earth. He relives fun moments when he played Cybertronian sports with his friends, and even tragic ones that would change his life. His past will shape him into becoming the hero we know today

As each memory is repaired, another clue comes to light that will lead them both to complete their shared mission to save their friends and Earth… however, the Decepticons are hot on their heels and time is running out.

TheLemsterPju

Jan 17, 2015
Ratings
1,442 10
That's a very unique premise. It also sounds like it could be a convenient plot device if Bee needs to remember something crucial to saving lives that he'll gradually find out over the course of an episode.

I hope that doesn't happen frequently...I'd had my fill of memory loss episodes for a while. An entire show dedicated to that formula won't set well after half a season of it.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
10,912 45
Sherman Oaks CA
I'm surprised they're still focusing on Bumblebee. I guess they're really banking on that spinoff movie o_O.

The series premise being centered around Bumblebee having flashbacks while paired up with Windblade in the present is a little different, but I'm willing to see how the writers handle it ;).

I'm curious how many guest appearances and cameos we might get in 'Bee's flashbacks...
So after almost a decade, noses return to a mainline Transformers cartoon.
I can't believe I didn't notice that :p.

Has it been announced if they're going with CGI or 2-D?
The art style in the illustration makes me think 2D, or something more along the lines of Rescue Bots, though the two can sometimes blend together so much that I can't be sure one way or another :sweat:.

JoeMabbon

Starship Captain
Aug 8, 2014
Ratings
3,259 2
En route to Cyberutopia
The art style in the illustration makes me think 2D, or something more along the lines of Rescue Bots, though the two can sometimes blend together so much that I can't be sure one way or another :sweat:.
You're right. Pretty much all the promotional art for Robots in Disguise is 2-D so you never know.

Speaking of Rescue Bots, I imagine we'll get more crossovers between these two shows now that their launching around the same time and sharing a production team.

Sep 11, 2016
Ratings
225 4
There's a new female Decepticon: Shadow Striker

Megatron and Starscream look alot like their Animated designs.
Ah, Shadow Striker. I think she was a repaint of Classics Wheelie in a 2-pack with a legends class Bumblebee. I think she was also in TFCC as a remold of RID Sideburn. I'm glad she is gonna show up in Cyberverse but I'll wait till she shows up in the cartoon.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
10,912 45
Sherman Oaks CA
There's a new female Decepticon: Shadow Striker

Megatron and Starscream look alot like their Animated designs.
Hopefully they get more mileage out of her compared to most of the female 'Cons in RiD :sweat:.

Starscream reminds me a lot of his RiD redesign, and Megatron looks like a very stylized take on his modern G1-inspired design :cool:.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
10,912 45
Sherman Oaks CA
We have the first official VA for the series:

Lianne Marie Dobbs as Slipstream.

An additional fun fact: Slipstream will be the leader of the Decepticon Seekers this time around.

Looking for her VA credits, the only thing I can find is a few roles in Pokemon, so I'm guessing this was recorded in New York :).

Her leading the Seekers is neat, especially depending on if Starscream has to deal with being her subordinate :p.

Although she might be leader of the Seekers while he's still 2nd in Command to Megatron, unless he's much lower on the Decepticon totem pole in this universe :ack:.

Hope we see Thundercracker and Skywarp pop up too :D.

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
Ratings
2,013 8
The instagram post mentioned that she recorded in Miami while the director and writer were respectively in New York and Los Angeles. Maybe the voice cast is like Welcome To The Wayne, which mixes LA and NY voice actors.