Toonzone's "Battle of the Brackets" - Sweet Sixteen voting thread (90's Action)

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

wonderfly

Shaking things up a bit
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 22, 2002
Ratings
887 14
Springfield, MO
This is the voting thread for Round #3 (aka "The Sweet Sixteen") of the Toonzone's 2018 "Battle of the Brackets" (for the 90's Animated Action Shows conference)!

Voting is simple: Just post which of the two contestants of the day you find to be more awesome! Please, no editing your posts, once your vote is cast, help simplify things for me and don't change it. So be sure you are certain which one you want to vote for when you post! Feel free to debate it amongst yourselves for a while before casting your votes, but remember: each match runs no more than 24 hours!

Last edited:

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
Ratings
In a Dream World
I'm definitely voting for Pokemon. I do think that Gargoyles is the stronger show when it comes to plot and character. Watching it on Disney Channel was a real treat and it definitely lives up to its hype, but my emotional attachment to Pokemon is pretty strong. I've been a fan of the anime, and the franchise itself, for nearly twenty years at this point. It will always be special for me and the first season is pretty nostalgic for me as well.

wonderfly

Shaking things up a bit
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 22, 2002
Ratings
887 14
Springfield, MO
Remember, you are voting for Dragon Ball Z and Digimon as they were in the 90's, not on into the 2000's. I guess I should've said the same thing for Pokemon last match.

Sure is a lot of anime that's made it's way into the Sweet Sixteen...I remember the time before Pokemon - when "Batman the Animated Series" and "Gargoyles" were declared the pinnacle of children's animated action shows...and then along came this fancy new thing called "anime", which opened up a whole new line of action shows...

And hey, I love Pokemon, but I'm just a little bitter that Gargoyles lost.