Toon Zone Talkback - "Tiny Toon Adventures" Season 1 Vol. 2 Announced

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by Chaz, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Strong Suck

Strong Suck Member

Some of us should contact WHV, and tell them about this, and maybe see if they can fix the discs (even if it IS for a small, nominal fee). And while we're at it, maybe they can fix the Title Card Problem for Animaniacs Episodes on the DVDs. Case in point: The Warners and the Beanstalk. And if they don't - I say - If they don't give us the business, we should probably make them eat a bucket of scorpions - LIVE, that is! Nice bunch of guys, but about as reliable as a Munchlax around a Picnic feast.

2. Super Sonic

Super Sonic Fastest Thing Alive

WHV has made it clear many times that they don't care that much about these Silver Age shows. It's just a quick way for them to make money.

Wait, The Warners and the Beanstalk originally had a title card?

3. Baltofan

Baltofan Active Member

Great news!

4. Strong Suck

Strong Suck Member

Yes, It did, actually. Don't you remember? It was removed from the DVD. And it's impossible to find a version of that particular episode WITH the Title Card still intact on Youtube.

5. Super Sonic

That's really bad, but to be honest I'm more concerned with a 3rd TTA volume not being produced at all, since Freakazoid's all finished. I was hoping it could be made and released with a 4th Animaniacs volume, which started out as a theory on what they may do. I even wrote a letter to WHV about it. If anyone's seriously interested in the idea and wants to see it happen, I could make a topic on it.

6. Strong Suck

Strong Suck Member

Well, the most probable thing they could do is one of the following:

1. They could release Seasons 2 and 3 as separate volumes on the same day.
    2. They could release it with Animaniacs: Volume 4.
    or 3. They could release it alongside Pinky, Elmyra and the Brain: The Complete Series!
    Option 4: Re-release Pinky and the Brain into one big set - "Pinky and the Brain: The Complete Series," complete with a World Domination Handbook and Reference guide.

Option 3 seems reasonable, because Elmyra gets a couple of episodes that center around her and her family, the Duffs, with appearances by Mr. Skullhead. That, and Pinky, Elmyra and the Brain would be fitting. Of course, they could try to bring forth Wakko's Wish on Animaniacs Volume 4, in the same fashion that "A Hero's Legacy" was brought onto Dragon Ball GT: Season 2.

As for that topic about what you mentioned, you can go ahead, and create said topic.

#66 Strong Suck, Apr 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2009
  7. Chaz

Chaz Member

The best thing for them to do is release TTA Vol. 3 with a separate release of How I Spent My Vacation, since WHV said they would not package that with a season set.

That, or Animaniacs Vol. 4 would be the best scenario we could hope for.

8. Strong Suck

Strong Suck Member

What about the two specials involving Spring Break and Halloween (Night Ghoulery)? They'd have to either be in a Movie Pack with "How I Spent My Summer Vacation."

9. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

WHOA! This is ever weirder.....the version of "Looniversity Days" on Disc 1 is NOT the version that aired!

Some of the great Jonny Mack animation is missing, and replaced with lethargic Akom stuff, specifically the "that's my name, don't wear it out" bit that I loved. :(

No one could have seen this coming. I didn't know some of this animation was replaced at the last minute. How lame is that....

EDIT: Apparently it's not Akom. The credits now say.....drumroll.....ENCORE CARTOONS. And you previously thought they were only responsible for that one bad episode.

#69 Peter Paltridge, Apr 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2009
  10. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Actually, I always knew Encore did three episodes: "Strange Tales of Weird Science", "Hero Hamton", and "Looniversity Days". And I don't believe Jon McClenahan ever animated the "That's my name" bit. AFAIK, he only did the Angels With Dirty Faces parody where Hamton says he should be a coward when going into the principal's office.

11. Strong Suck

Strong Suck Member

And speaking of "Hero Hamton," it was adapted into a Book-and-Tape called "Hooray for Hamton," with such lines as "Clothes make the man, not the food!" from Montana Max, and "A hero for a hero" from Plucky.

"Refund! Refund! Where is that Max?"

12. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Guess again.

13. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!

Huh. In every version of that episode I've seen (which, admittedly, is probably only the Nick airings, and if I saw it as a kid, I don't remember specifics), it has the plain, non-McClenahan animation in that scene.

Perhaps Jonny could shed some light on this...

14. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Fourteen Years!

I remember seeing this episode a couple of times when it first aired and being impressed by the quality of the McClenahan animation in this scene. At some point this stuff was removed from the episode, and I'd love to know when.

15. Super Sonic

Wow. I've read your Jon McClenahan interview numerous times and, although I've never seen the specific episode you were referring to and showed pictures of, I remember wishing I could watch that particular episode just to see that sequence you were referring to in motion. When I saw the episode on the DVD (I wasn't aware that was the actual episode) and heard the same dialogue displayed on your webpage but with none of the same animation, I was a little confused, but just assumed that the animation sequence I was thinking of must have just been from a season 2 or season 3 episode. Very disappointed to see I was wrong.

I wonder what's going to happen to The Return of Batduck or The Best of Buster Day (apparently, there was a more violent final scene in this episode that got replaced with something else. I never seen the episode, but that's what I heard.)

I don't see a Pinky Elmyra and the Brain release ever happening since the show bombed in the ratings and there isn't much of a fanbase for it AFAIK. What I was hoping for was a season 2 and 3 DVD set released with Animaniacs volume 4. And after that, they could release the movie and specials together with Wakko's Wish. Then they could finally be done with both series. When I sent them a letter about this, they replied saying it was passed on to the production department, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was just ignored, especially since it was an email. Maybe I should try snail mail next time?

16. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!

Just for reference, this is the same scene that MI was talking about above, only with different animation:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (Yeah, you can tell I don't have the DVD yet... :sad: )

17. Strong Suck

Strong Suck Member

Hm. Maybe they'll be cheap, and instead of an Animaniacs Volume 4, we'll see either a Complete Series set, in a Water Tower Packaging, or maybe we'll see a NOT Speilbergian show, like Road Rovers, or even Duck Dodgers. Oh, how I would LOVE to see Duck Dodgers on DVD...

18. satam55

satam55 Active Member

I 100% agree. This Is exactly, how it should be done.

19. dth1971

dth1971 Active Member

Unless someone had a taped off FOX Kids or Kids WB or Nickelodeon or Nicktoons broadcast of Animaniacs with the Warners and the Beanstalk episode w/title card intact (This episode, paired with "Frontier Slappy", never was in the Cartoon Network "Animaniacs" package)

When Warner releases TTA Season 2/3 on DVD, I hope they clear/approve the music rights for the songs featured in the Season 3 "Toon TV" episode: "The Shoop Shoop Song" by Betty Everett, "Do You Love Me" by the Contours, "Yakkity Yak" by the Coasters, and even Elmyra's cover of "The Name Game". (I hope they even cleared the rights to "Macarena" which is spoofed in Animaniacs as "Macadamia Nut" when Animaniacs DVD Volume 4 is released if it ever gets released).

20. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!

Got the DVD. Just watched Hero Hamton for the first time in years, and I'm convinced, despite what it says in the credits, that Encore only animated part of it and Kennedy filled in the gaps, likely the sections that came out so bad that they couldn't be aired. I'll try to do a breakdown later, but it's pretty obvious which scenes are done by what studio.