"Titans" (DC Digital) News & Discussion Thread

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,186 46
Sherman Oaks CA
New casting breakdowns:
[DANIEL CROSS] Male, 17-19, Caucasian. Athletic, street smart, cocky, yet charming. His life is changed forever when he crosses a crime fighter and is given a new outlet for his rebellious ways. RECURRING GUEST STAR.

[JENNIFER ANDREWS] Female, 20s/30s, Caucasian. Small town, Midwestern girl gone to Hollywood, Jennifer is a star on the rise. She comes across a doe-eyed, All-American and naive in her approach to her art, and life. Jennifer emulates the classic girl-next-door actors from the 1940’s and 50’s. A bit Stepford-y in her thinking and appearance, Jennifer feels like a woman out of time. RECURRING GUEST STAR.

[CAROLINE] Female, 40s, Caucasian. Forever sleepless with worry, she’s the mother to a young, troubled teen. Seeking a recognizable cameo face or name. GUEST STAR.

[THE MESSENGER] Male, 50s-60s, Open ethnicity. Outwardly a warm and kind presence, he doesn’t seem the type to be powerful or malicious. But he has the ability to turn on a dime and be the most terrifying man you have ever met. Seeking offer only names/recognizable faces…RECURRING GUEST STAR.
Theories are:

"Daniel" - Danny Chase/Roy Harper.

"Jennifer" - Rita Farr (Elasti-Girl).

"Caroline" - Arella (Raven's mom).

"The Messenger" - Brother Blood.

Otaku-sempai

Sep 10, 2010
Ratings
1,446 4
Lackawanna, NY
Recent reports have also suggested that Tony Zucco - the man who caused the Graysons' deaths - will be making some sort of appearance in the series.
Tony Zucco's story has usually come to an end within the context of a Batman story featuring Robin. However, we have seen villains re-purposed many times now in comics-based television shows, so I would not be surprised to see Zucco show up to bedevil a grown Nightwing in this series.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,186 46
Sherman Oaks CA
Tony Zucco's story has usually come to an end within the context of a Batman story featuring Robin. However, we have seen villains re-purposed many times now in comics-based television shows, so I would not be surprised to see Zucco show up to bedevil a grown Nightwing in this series.
Zucco's come back in a few modern stories, most notably Kyle Higgins' Nightwing run.

Dicks' even had a relationship with his daughter at some point...

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,186 46
Sherman Oaks CA
DC Comics has a first look at actor Brenton Thwaites (Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales) in his Robin costume. Check it out:

Wow, I was expecting justr small allusions to Dick's Robin history. Even with the reveal that there would be a costume, I wasn't expecting to see him in the full-on Robin suit :eek:.

Without getting a full-body shot, I'd say the costume looks pretty solid and comic-accurate, and Thwaites looks pretty good in it :cool:.

I also think it's pretty awesome that we'll finally be getting to see Robin in live-action again :D.

I imagine we'll probably see Dick transition into Nightwing in this series, and I imagine he'll probably also transition from the Tim Drake bo-staff to his traditional escrima sticks ;).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,369 21
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
I imagine we'll probably see Dick transition into Nightwing in this series, and I imagine he'll probably also transition from the Tim Drake bo-staff to his traditional escrima sticks ;).
Maybe that's his arc, he's quit and tried to make a difference instead as a cop but he realizes he's wrong and suits up as Nightwing then rejoins/regathers the Titans.