"Titans" (DC Digital) News & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by James Harvey, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I used to think having Titans air on TNT would be weird, but I completely forgot DC, CW, and TNT are all own by the same company.

I don't know how this show will work. There's only so much you can do with super powered characters on a TV budget.

2. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

Matt, I don't think you're as well-versed with Beast Boy's history as I am. When he joined the Titans in 1980, he was a normal looking human, except for the green skin, the result of, IIRC, a serum of some kind that was supposed to cure him of some jungle fever or somesuch. The more bestial look he has in the books now is an outgrowth of the success the Titans' 2003-8 cartoon had.

3. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

I hope Beast Boy has pointy ears if he does appear.

4. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

Geoff Johns has said shooting for the pilot will begin net year

I created a list of characters in order of the liklihood I think they will appear. This on the off chance the show will take place in the Arrowverse which it might not because of the lack of involvement from Berlanti.

Jericho - I seriously hope he'll appear since he never appeared in the cartoons plus his older brother already got a mention on arrow.

Donna Troy - I really hope they use her, she has plenty of origin stories not linked to Wonder Woman so they can fit her in.

Mia Dearden - She's basically Thea Queen and she's still young so I'd like to see her join

Ravager - Hope they bring in her as well I think she has a good chance.

Bette Cane - Geoff Johns likes her character she'll more than likely appear.

Wally West - Probably won't be introduced until the Flash introduces him but I love the friendship between him and Dick so I hope we'll eventually see him down the line.

Terra - I'd freaking love to see them do the Judas Contract accurately and have Terra just be an awful person. I'm sure she'll date someone instead of Beast Boy.

Grant Emerson - He was mentioned as one of the people who died when the particle accelerator exploded so he could even lead to a crossover.

Jesse Quick - If they aren't able to bring in any of the other Flash related speedsters they could always use her

Hawk and Dove - I can see them appearing in a one off episode, just don't expect the silly costumes. Any incarnation will work

Atom's Titan Team - I can see them getting introduced half way into the show's run minus the stuff with the deaged Atom and Captain Marvel Jr.

Mal Duncan - He'd be awesome in the show his character would be like he was on Young Justice 7

Karen Beecher - Well you can't do Mal without Bumblebee

Jason Todd - If Dick is already Nightwing we could end up seeing him, I'd prefer if they just skipped him and went straight to Red Hood though

Ms.Martian - With Goyer at helm there's a good chance Martian Manhunter will appear eventually and she was quite popular on Young Justice.

Bombshell - She could appear. would be neat if they brought in Captain Atom to the universe

Blue Beetle - Snyder might want to use him but screw it I want my Blue Beetle.

Lilith Clay - I can see her appearing with her entire origin intact

Solstice - Nothing stopping her from appearing

Bunker - Same as Solstice but seriously I really hate the Lobdell era team.

Kid Devil - Love the guy I hope he can join since there's no way anyone will use Blue Devil any time soon.

Tim Drake - If they use Red Hood they'll probably use him

Superboy - He's popularity has dwindled over the years, and they can't really use him with out Superman.

Beast Boy - Said it before I just don't see this happening, working with animals is just too hard, it works great with animation plus him and Dick are the only ones to appear in Young Justice and Teen Titans so he deserves a brake.

Golden Eagle - Hasn't appeared in decades.

Cassie Sandsmark - Probably never seen since I doubt they will use two Wonder Girls.

Bart Allen - They could use his N52 origin but with all the time travel stuff going down in The Flash they'll want to use him eventually.

Supergirl - Who knows but she might be too old in her show

Roy Harper - He's too old so he probably won't show up plus most of his character devlopment with the titans isn't until after he has Lian or if they decide to give him a relationship with Donna.

Aqualad - Probably not appearing it's hard to work him in without Aquaman.

Danny Chase - I like him but other fans don't and he hasn't appeared in years so he's probably a no.

Kole - I like her powers and all but the most notable thing she did was die and never come back.

Skitter - Still have no idea what this character was.

Duela Dent - Please no, I don't even like her now.

Cyborg - Probably won't appear because he's in the Justice League and DC seems dedicated to keeping that idea.

Weird how so many female member could easily appear but most of the male members probably won't.

My idea would be Thea Queen is hiding out in Bloodhaven still under the name Mia Dearden when she gets attacked by Grant Wilson aka Ravager, this leads to a confrontation between the the two of them only for Nightwing to eventually come in. Throughout the show lazerus pits will be mentioned this can tie up Raven and the church of Blood along with other organizations such as Hive. At some point they could have Jason Todd show up and maybe work out a deal to have the actual Deathstroke show up. Plus I'd love to see the Judas Contract but with Terra being a total sadist like the comics.

5. Nick Evans

Nick Evans Member

Jericho did appear in the cartoon though he had a very small role. When they were fighting the brotherhood of evil he was the blond with the guitar. He latter joins up with Beast Boy and the other titans who escaped.

Here are some of the people I think will be on the show. I think there will be about 5 or 6 members.

Nightwing has already been confirmed.

Starfire is a must she is too iconic to the Teen titans.

Raven is also a must have.

Kid Flash would be a good pic.

And the new Aqua Lad for race balance.

Some borderline charters are.

Beast Boy: His powers would be hard to do in live action.

Cyborg: poible but he would be hard to make in live action and still have quality.

Phantasm for a little know member.

Wonder Girl: She would be good but it they might be saving her for a Wonder Woman show. If see dose appear it will proble be Cassie since she is the curant wonder girl.

Super Boy: Same as Wonder Girl and he has a confusing origin story. I think the decline in his popularity is due to him and the rest of the titans being made something that takes after the Hunger Games.

6. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

Is this series going to be connected to Arrow and Flash, or do they not know yet?

7. Magmaster12

Geoff Johns involvement may lead into a crossover down the line but without Berlanti's confirmed involvement the answer is currently a solid no.

8. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

No idea. The only real substantial rumor of continuity between shows among different networks has been Supergirl, and that's just because Greg Berlanti is also working on it :shrug:.

Nightwing's been confirmed, and I believe Starfire and Raven were also brought up in the initial summary :).

I'm really intrigued to see what they do for Starfire in terms of costume :sweat:.

9. the greenman

I'm curious about how expansive they are willing to go with Arrow and specifically Flash. I could imagine a crossover in like 3 years if they are willing to introduce magic and outer space sci-fi.

10. Nightwing26

Nightwing26 Active Member

I thought it was said by an executive or something that Titans may be in the same universe as The Flash and Arrow (this was said I think before we knew Supergirl would be as well).

Plus, The CW, CBS, and TNT are sister networks so it's always possible for crossovers between the three...

11. the greenman

Well, CBS is fully Paramount/Viacom owned and CW is co-owned by WB. TNT is fully WB. Not impossible at all though. Remember Ally McBeal (Fox) and The Practice (ABC) crossed over.

12. Magmaster12

Actually CBS is part of it's own independent company but because they co own CW as well they still have a close relationship they have a deal where both of there networks show March Madness.

13. Nightwing26

Nightwing26 Active Member

Right, so CBS and The CW are sister networks and TNT and The CW are sister networks then? There's still a big possibility for crossovers there if this is the case.

Also, just saying, I really hope we get to see Donna Troy, specifically her relationship with Dick Grayson, I just love the two hanging out together (it would also mean DC would get the two to meet in the comics).

14. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

#34 RoryWilliams, Feb 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2015
  15. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

Oracle should be interesting, given its been a while since Barbara's last live action outing.

16. Magmaster12

Really was not expecting Hawk and Dove to be main characters especially since there are no good stories with them and they probably hold the record most times obscurely disappeared.

17. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

I was going to say Hawk and Dove were chosen because likely their powers aren't really that hard to translate on screen as other super heroes but... if they're going with the Hank and Dawn variation, that's dealing with the whole magic transformation and flight so that will likely still be costly. As otherwise yeah that's a really odd pair to have in the Titans, especially as they aren't characters a lot of people would know. I mean Raven and Starfire have been the stars of two Teen Titans series and Starfire is at least a major star of one of the new 52 books. What exactly have Hawk and Dove done that's worthy of their inclusion in the last 10 years people would know about? Starring in one Justice League Unlimited episode... and not even a good one either. Also weird to have Oracle back as she isn't in the new 52 at all. I can get why so they can have a hacker/tech member of the team but really why take a character who hasn't really been used at all in non comic medium? Outside of the Birds of Prey show and... I don't think you want to count that when making this Titans pilot TNT.

If this is the case though I do find it interesting the line up is 2/3rd dominated by female superheroines. Seriously even if Raven and Starfire only appear at the end kind of obvious they'll be a major part of the team so the only male members will be Nightwing and Hawk compared to Rav, Star, Oracle and Dove. That would be a unique way to approach it at least for the start of the Titans line up and hope if they are using all these characters that's what they're going for.

18. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Hawk and Dove? Huh. Didn't expect them, and they're even going with the female Dove to boot. They're certainly not who I expected in the initial roster for a new Titans TV show, but they're interesting choices nonetheless. Looking forward to seeing what their costumes look like :).

Oracle is even more of a surprise, since she doesn't have any real ties to the Titans in the comics. But it makes sense to have her in it to serve a tech role on the team, and it's definitely cool to have Barbara as Oracle in a property airing on TV again :cool:.

Though I'd honestly be shocked if they don't go for a love triangle between Dick, Barbara, and Starfire :sweat:.

Nice to see quite a few ladies on the initial roster for the team ;).

19. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

I admit that could be an interesting love triangle to explore. As long as they DON'T turn Kori like her new 52 self where she only remembers people through sensual activities and thus is played as some sort of sexy seductress always getting it on with Dick. I really hope no one wants to see that make into a live action adaptation especially as this will be the first real Starfire in live action and it should be a good introduction for the character in that medium, not taking a terrible aspect from another variation of her and repeating that crud for a different audience.

20. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, I would hope the portrayal of Kori on the show is truer tothe Kori from the comics pre-Flashpoint and the cartoons (where most of the general audience will know her from), rather than New 52 Starfire. And if they do use the latter instead, I'd hope it's at least in the service of the plot and utilized better than it is in the New 52. Comic Starfire is a very forward, and sometimes aggressive, person who doesn't necessarily care for some societal norms (but that's more because of her situation than anything else), but is also kind and compassionate. Definitely not a seductress :ack:.

Though still, I'm really curious to see what her costume will look like :sweat:.