Thoughts on French animation/Favorite French cartoon

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

PapaGreg

Drinking my sorrows
Nov 1, 2013
Ratings
1,327 7
I feel as if French animation is sort of underrated in the animated communties. Sure Ladybug is a big hit but you rarely hear people talk about Lascars, Lastman, Wakfu and the Rabbi's cat. Its a damn shame because there are a lot of interesting cartoons from France and I'm wondering what people think about it in general.

Gatordragon

Frolicking in the flames
May 14, 2012
Ratings
3,210 4
The Land of Flowers
Oh, I like me some French animation (and their comics, too). Wakfu is one of my favorites, but I also like this webtoon called Les Kassos. It's about a social worker who has to deal with messed up parodies of well-known cartoon characters. I found a subbed archive of Les Kassos several months ago and the humor had me hooked. My favorite episode was the one with the Hello Kitty parody who couldn't age.

Last edited:

Red Arrow :D

Proud Beneluxer
Oct 22, 2012
Ratings
3,375 66 1
Belgium
Hard to pick one favorite. My favorites from my childhood are definitely Martin Mystery and Spirou & Fantasio: Two of a Kind.

Angelo Rules, Hubert & Takako and Floopaloo Where Are You are my favorites from the last couple of years.

You can watch episodes legally on Youtube. (see my signature) I think this is true for most French cartoons.

ShadowBeast

May 9, 2013
Ratings
1,855 10
Elizabeth,NJ
The only French cartoons I can think of are Code Lyoko, Martin Mystery and Totally Spies(and show/s related to it).
I liked Code Lyoko and Martin Mystery. Both were well written and had a unique art-style(especially CL). Code Lyoko had the bratty character who wasn't all bad, though it was a shame we never got a Lyoko-ed version of her (the creators could've at least given a non-canon design just for the fun of it. Shame they couldn't keep Jim in the loop about their secret as well. Could've worked in the last season with what's-his-name stuck in Lyoko.
Martin Mystery wins with just the paranormal alone. The mysteries just adds to the interest of the series.

Totally Spies was pretty good too. Not as interested in it as the former two, but it still entertaining. Show kind of reminds me of Kim Possible in some areas.