"The Worlds of DC" Movie News & Discussion Part 2 (Spoilers)

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Status
Not open for further replies.

the greenman

Jul 24, 2006
Ratings
2,896 5 1
the point of no return
Or Johnson is more committed to Black Adam. He was still attached to Lobo at this point, right?
I think Johnson was always more attached to Black Adam, at least for the past 9 years or so. Only other name for Lobo has been Danny Trejo. Last thing we heard about Lobo development was writer Jason Fuchs was working on it. Unless they go more "Cosmic" at DC, probably not attractive enough.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
10,910 45
Sherman Oaks CA
Honestly, right now I think they need to start getting the "core" DC movies in order before they start thinking of expanding which characters get their own movies, especially outside Justice League characters.

Gold Guy

Ride On
Staff member
Dec 14, 2008
Ratings
2,577 6
New York City
IMO, this is for the best. Frankly, a Lobo film should not be a priority at all when we still need a Flash and Green Lantern film.

That said...I'm actually more interested in a Deadshot movie compared to a Harley Quinn film.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Reporter
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
10,998 21
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
10,910 45
Sherman Oaks CA
I'm guessing the "send-off" will be one of the following:

- The scene of Barry handing Bruce the Thomas Wayne letter at the end of Flashpoint.

- One last scene with Flash before Flashpoint happens and reboots him into the new DCEU Batman.

- Batman going out in a blaze of gory against Joker in Suicide Squad 2.

dmxx116

Jul 21, 2007
Ratings
401 3
New York City
One of Walter Hamada first job as the new head of DC Films is to remove Zack Snyder and his producer wife from all D.C. Films going forward, The Box Office performance of Justice League I see as the last straw, And is unacceptable.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Reporter
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
10,998 21
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Last night, former Variety and Mashable editor Josh L. Dickey, who is leaving entertainment journalism, tweeted Zack Snyder was actually relieved of his duties at DC Films a few months prior to publicly announcing his departure from Justice League last May.

Negotiations with Affleck still ongoing. It's not about money, it's appearances and creative. He doesn't want to vacate but doesn't want to commit fully.

Alex Garland is interested in directing a Swamp Thing movie.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
10,910 45
Sherman Oaks CA
Last night, former Variety and Mashable editor Josh L. Dickey, who is leaving entertainment journalism, tweeted Zack Snyder was actually relieved of his duties at DC Films a few months prior to publicly announcing his departure from Justice League last May.
Well, I guess we can just throw that into the list of things that made Justice League a troubled production :sweat:.
Negotiations with Affleck still ongoing. It's not about money, it's appearances and creative. He doesn't want to vacate but doesn't want to commit fully.
I never thought money was an issue, but not surprised that Affleck is still wishy-washy about playing Batman :shrug:.

I guess this could impact the Reeves solo one way or another...
Alex Garland is interested in directing a Swamp Thing movie.
Isn't Swamp Thing showing up in Justice League Dark? If that's even really still happening. Who can tell anymore :p?

Status
Not open for further replies.