The Wonderful World of YouTube Part VI

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

May 17, 2010
California
This month's episodes of Nick Knacks looks at the double feature of Adventures in Rainbow Country and Matt and Jenny, both Canadian wilderness adventure shows created by the same people that aired on Nickelodeon between 1981 and 1983.

Adventures in Rainbow Country

Matt and Jenny

Peter Paltridge

Ay Carumba
Staff member
Sep 24, 2003
Ratings
753 7
Stars Hollow
www.platypuscomix.net
Nuts: somebody got video running natively on the Apple II back in 2013. Well, animated GIFs.

If I'd found this while making my Free Spirit game I....still couldn't have used it because it takes up too much memory. Notice how this guy can only play two GIFs per disk.
By the way, I was crushed there were no comments on Steve Jobs literally talking in the climax of that game. I flipped when I found out how to do that.

twilicorn

HER AIM IS GETTING BETTER
Dec 4, 2015
Ratings
SO MUCH PAIN
Myself and another user on this forum (superkeegan9100) both contributed little bits to this YTP collab based on the legendary Steamed Hams segment from the Simpsons. If you have an hour and a half to spare, you absolutely HAVE to check it out. It seriously deserves to go in the MOMA. It's that insane.

May 17, 2010
California
Two new episodes of Nick Knacks!

First, Studio See, a forgotten PBS show where kids show you the neat things they do. It doesn't entirely work.

Second, Reggie Jackson's World of Sports, a sports and fitness show that marks Nickelodeon's first celebrity endorsement.

twilicorn

HER AIM IS GETTING BETTER
Dec 4, 2015
Ratings
SO MUCH PAIN
For some reason I've been looking a lot into the now long-gone kids' AM radio station Radio AAHS lately and found about 45 minutes of low quality recording from the station. Among the cuts here are the "I'm Cute" song from Animaniacs, a cover of I Just Can't Wait To Be King, not one but two songs from the Space Jam soundtrack (the main theme and Seal's awesome version of Fly Like an Eagle), cuts from Donna Lewis and Ace of Base, and a bunch of random songs I can't quite name.

Oh, and because you were asking for it, here's a YT playlist of some of the station's greatest hits: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD371D29DBC754E72