The Wonderful World of YouTube Part VI

Discussion in 'Platypus Comix' started by Peter Paltridge, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Ay Carumba
    Staff Member Moderator

For those of you who missed the final day anyone could buy stuff from the Wii Shop Channel, here's what it looked like:

Shop is still there but you can't add money to it. Plug will be pulled for good one year from now.

2. twilicorn

twilicorn HER AIM IS GETTING BETTER

This seems appropriate:

3. Dsneybuf

Dsneybuf Well-Known Member

I considered getting Splatterhouse 2 through the Wii Shop Channel earlier this year, but Biggy Man literally killed my chances of even finishing the first game.

4. Peter Paltridge

Staff Member Moderator

Today on Disney XD, Grunkle Stan is singing all the theme songs.

5. Dsneybuf

A shame that he can't do "Fight as One" or the Spectacular Spider-Man theme song.

• Like Like x 1
    #645 Dsneybuf, Apr 1, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  6. Peter Paltridge

Staff Member Moderator

I think the entire purpose of MarzGurl's existence was so she would eventually turn on her microphone and sing this, because she'll never top this moment:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dsneybuf

Sometimes, I actually wondered if your lack of interest in Broadway weakened your appreciation of Hamilton parodies and references.

8. Peter Paltridge

Staff Member Moderator

More like I can't actually see this! It's a Broadway play....

9. Dsneybuf

Yeah, I haven't seen it, either, unless you count clips illegally posted online.

10. twilicorn

I doubt that I'll ever see Hamilton (bootlegs notwithstanding) because tickets keep selling out. If I ever go to NYC my go-to shows are Come From Away and Spongebob, assuming they'll both even still be there when I am.

11. AllenJ

AllenJ Member

Speaking of which, here's a couple Hamilton parodies by political satirist/parodist Randy Rainbow (yes, that's his real name). Please check out more of his videos if you haven't yet.

12. Peter Paltridge

Staff Member Moderator

You're not even kidding. It passed through Portland already and the window to get tickets stayed open for one hour, maybe less. The news didn't report it until they were sold out.

13. Dsneybuf

Right now, my likeliest chance of watching Hamilton involves seizing a deal on tickets to the Chicago production, but as Aaron Burr would say, "I'm willing to wait for it, wait for it."

If this doesn't sound too irrelevant, I did see Lin-Manuel Miranda's first Broadway musical, In the Heights, when a nearby high school held a performance of it. It seems less ambitious than Hamilton, but I still admire how much excitement and pathos it finds in ordinary people's lives.
    (To me, In the Heights also gets points for giving its women motivations that don't revolve around Miranda's character, or at least don't revolve completely around him.)

14. twilicorn

With all this discussion of Hamilton I figured it'd be appropriate to put this Youtube Poop by one of my new favorite poopers:

And speaking of musical theatre YTPS here's a Dear Evan Hansen poop, cause why not:

15. twilicorn

The same guy who made those poops I just posted to the thread just put out a fantastic AMV of Smash Bros set to a song from The Greatest Showman:

16. Peter Paltridge

Staff Member Moderator

So Art Bell is dead, as you might have heard. I only came across his radio show once, while looking for crazy stuff (the AM dial was excellent for this purpose, at least in the 90s). There was a caller on his show who said he was living with a family of Bigfoots, and the story got crazier from there. He said Steven Spielberg was snooping around trying to expose him, and he also said the Yetis had informed him humans are actually aliens. "It's their planet! See, they have an extra set of lungs."

As I've learned more about Bell over the past couple days I've found out every episode of his show was like this -- he would take calls and just let those people go on and on, based on whether their stories were entertaining enough (he did believe in UFOs though). I recorded part of the Bigfoot episode to cassette but I don't have the ability to digitize cassettes at the moment.

But lucky you -- YouTube has no shortage of Art Bell. This is OVER ELEVEN HOURS of the man:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk The kids are all wrong

18. twilicorn

19. poparena

poparena Member

Got some new Nick Knacks for you!

First, Dusty's Treehouse, a charming 70s children's puppet show that was used in the mid-90s to scam old people out of their money.

Then, Livewire, Nickelodeon's second attempt at a young adult talk show. Young women of color get excited about Pac-Man, and baby R.E.M.!

20. Peter Paltridge

Staff Member Moderator

Discovered this on one of Dad's tapes today. Man, ya can't trust Bill Cosby on ANYTHING.