The Video Game Sales/Deals/Coupons/Bundles Thread

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Vyse, May 11, 2011.

1. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

A new Humble Bundle launched today with a number of pretty awesome gams in the mix. The price alone for the bonus game of Bastion is well-worth it. If yo've never played the game, get it. It is just beautifully-made. Psychonauts is a classic 3D platformer from Tim Schafer/Double Fine and Amnesia has a well-earned title of being "one of the scariest games ever."

2. MDawg

With nearly a week left before it closes, Humble Bundle has added 3 new games to the deal. Lone Survivor, Braid and Super Meat Boy have been added to the deal if you're paying above the average.

If you've already purchased the bundle, check your downloads page and you should find all 3 of these games are now available to you. Considering each of these games is currently above the average price of the moment ($7.91), this is a ridiculously insane price level you can get in with. All the games in the Bundle also provide keys to register into Steam as well as providing DRM-free downloads that will work in Windows, OS X and Linux, so you're getting quite the deal and cross-OS compatibility to boot!

3. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

This Indie deal is amazing and worth the price for even one game (I paid full price for the fabulous Braid without regret). Awesome!

A sale I saw mentioned today...newegg.com is selling XBox 360 and PS3 editions of Sonic Generations for $16, free shipping included. Not sure how long that lasts, so the sooner the better for anyone who wants it.

4. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator

Got motivated to do a little hunting and stumbled upon some good Wii deals. Some may be temporary based on stock from a 3rd party vendor:

Also spotted on Amazon: Steel Diver (3DS) for $8, Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume (DS) for $12, Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (DS) for $15, Dragon Quest IX (DS) for $16, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (360) for $17, Dungeon Siege III for under $20 (price varies by platform)

5. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator

FWIW - The ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection for the PS3 has been slashed to $20 (seemingly for good) & Amazon's got a promotion going where buyers get a free trial month of Playstation Plus.

6. Jin Kazama

Jin Kazama Hawkguy
    Staff Member Moderator

I've actually seen copies of it at Gamestop for $10. I've been kinda tempted, but Metriod's never really interested me that much.

7. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

BTW, Gamestop is having another "Buy 2 Used Games, Get 1 Free" deal.

8. Anyone00

Anyone00 The Moltar-Snork

9. Daxdiv

Daxdiv Does this look like the face of mercy?

Also you can vote for the games you want to see go on Sale to be a part of their lightning deal or whatever they want to call it.

10. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator

Via MyNintendo - Best Buy's doing a promotion where if you get their free Reward Zone store card, they'll sell you The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword for $15. A bargain price by any standard for what I think of as one of the very best games for the Nintendo Wii, without a doubt.

11. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator

12. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

13. Rachelle

Rachelle New Member

Thanks for these great sharing and I was searching for these kind of items at discounted but could not get for three months, Now it is great find for me but I have a question whether why these kinds of updates are not available on the coupons sites, though I often check coupons sites like and others but these kind of offers are not watched quite regularly, one may be the reason that people mostly come there to get home improvement items coupons and less number of people are interested in these kind of activities.

#53 Rachelle, Aug 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2012
  14. MDawg

I think it mainly has to do with the specialized nature of it. A lot of times these are under-the-radar or fast deals where a slower, generic site may not be able to react quick enough or there just isn't enough interest in the material for those types of sites to cover it.

Places like http://www.cheapassgamer.com/ exist to specifically cover gaming deals for this reason. It's a lot easier for someone to slog through a single category of things they want vs looking over deals for paint and lumber of the physical variety in hopes of finding a decent price on a clearance rack game at Target.

And to get back to the deals, a new Humble Bundle has launched. This one being the third Android pack they've done. Games purchased will get you access to the Android versions of games (there's also a Humble Bundle app to download them from if needed), but also the PC, Mac and Linux editions of the games as well (Steam keys are available for all the games in the deal if you decide to pay more than $1 for the bundle).

15. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator

I was in a Target and found that Star Wars: The Old Republic was selling for $7.50 all week. Nabbed it for the single player stuff I'll find time for......eventually.

16. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator

17. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Thanks for the heads up. I snagged it last night.

18. rock8346

rock8346 Member

Gamestop is selling NBA 2k12 new for $40.00 and WWE 12 used for only $27.99.

19. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator

As pointed out in the Wii U thread, Newegg has a promotion that discounts $12 from game pre-orders costing $49.99 or above. Their code is EMCJNNH224, lasting through 10/4/12.

20. EroSennin

EroSennin The Frog Hermit