The Video Game Sales/Deals/Coupons/Bundles Thread

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Vyse, May 11, 2011.

1. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

Way, way cheaper than yours.

2. Chaos Yoshi Mage

Chaos Yoshi Mage The Lonely Raven

Sorry, I'm not a computer expert so I thought those were low specs.

3. Acidonia

Acidonia Master of Monsters

4. Anyone00

Anyone00 The Moltar-Snork

5. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Sooo, until 7 PM Eastern time on Thursday, Elder Scrolls IV is $5 on Steam. Quite a deal there.

6. jph139

jph139 Immortal

Another Steam Sale! For Autumn/Thanksgiving, I guess. Just nabbed Portal 2 and Mass Effect for $15 total. Man, I'm so spoiled by the cheapness. :p

7. Vyse

Vyse Active Member

Don't forget that Black Friday and Cyber Monday are around the corner. And Amazon has gone nuts this week with Lightning deals and crazy week-long sales. Even if you missed Mass Effect 2 being five bucks on Steam, Amazon has ME2 for PC download for 5 bucks all week long, along with The Witcher 2 & Amnesia: The Dark Descent for less than they are on Steam right now.

If you plan on venturing outside on Friday, here's a handy guide to chaosland.

Team Microsoft (Xbox Live/Games For Windows/Windows Phone) highlights: Magic 2012, Marvel Pinball, Super Meat Boy, The Baconing, Phantasy Star 2, Battlefield: Bad Company, Street Fighter IV for the PC, and Sonic 4 for Windows Phone are on sale among others for everybody. There's also discounts for getting Xbox Live Gold if you lack it and the Zune Music Pass. And, special one-day-only deals for Friday and Monday.

Team Sony (PS3) highlights: Gatling Gears, Outland, Section 8 Prejudice, Limbo, and Clash of Heroes are on sale and actually 50% off if you have Playstation Plus.

Namco's iOS (iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad) highlights: Pac-Man Championship Edition and Galaga Remix are a dollar each. Puzzle Quest 2 is $3.

8. Storm Eagle

Storm Eagle Power to the peaceful

Best Buy is having a 3DS sale this week that I might want to take advantage of. Get a 3DS, and get a $50 gift card.

Also, buy two games that are at least $29.99 and get third that's of equal or lesser value for free.

9. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

The Humble Indie Bundle returns with bundle #4 just in time for the holidays!

http://www.humblebundle.com/

5 games for any price you choose, but if you pay more than the average price, you get Gratuitous Space Battles and Cave Story+ for free!

All games are included with the Steam codes provided with purchase, so you can have them linked to your account there if you like too. Also note that all games are cross-platform and work on not just Windows, but Mac and Linux as well.

10. MDawg

The completely insane Steam Winter Sale is on now! Remember, don't buy any game that's on "sale" unless it is a daily deal. Sale prices are good the entire Winter Sale, but a daily deal will be a much greater bargain if you don't mind waiting. You can get anything that didn't turn into a daily deal on the last day of the sale.

Be aware that Steam will likely slow down/crash every day at 1PM EST until the sale is over due to everyone checking in on the new deals. That and the fact that every day opens up new achievements that give you chances to win prizes on steam, including games on your wishlist or every game that's currently available on Steam.
    [​IMG]
    http://store.steampowered.com/holidaysale/details

11. Chaos Yoshi Mage

Chaos Yoshi Mage The Lonely Raven

Also, now you get Humble Bundle 3 if you pay more than average!

12. MDawg

A new Humble Bundle has launched, this time for Android-based games (you get the desktop versions as well along with a Steam code if you pay more than $1).

I'm not really too interested in any of the games this time for my mobile devices, but they are good-quality and there will be updates to the games (just not through the Market), so it's not too bad a deal at all if you haven't picked up any of them for your computer or phone yet.

13. Vyse

Vyse Active Member

Going to throw "Bundles" to the title now...

BTW, if you like bundles and love music, there is something called the Game Music Bundle, which is about the same as the Humble Indie Bundle and Gamasutra/Indie Games The Weblog's Indie Royale but is entirely Indie Game music. Right now, the bundle is highlighted by the soundtracks to Aquaria, Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery (what Kotaku called the best game music of 2011 and my personal favorite soundtrack), To The Moon, Jamestown, and Manchinarium. But, if you donate at least $10 during any time of the promotion, you get all that plus the following in your choice of high-quality MP3 and/or FLAC...

-Manchinarium Bonus EP
    -Shatter
    -8-Bit Pimp
    -Mighty Switch Force
    -Cat Astro Phi
    -Passcode
    -Tower of Heaven
    -Eternal Daughter
    -Songs for the Cure Edition 2010
    -Squids
    -& more

I say it is worth it.I participated in the bundle from a few months ago and made off with the soundtracks to Minecraft, Super Meat Boy, Mighty Milky Way, Mighty Flip Champs, The Binding of Isaac, ARES Extinction Agenda, Wind-Up Knight, and more. Well worth it and a portion of your money will go to the American Cancer Society and Child's Play.

-----------------------

Also, since y'all might not know about Indie Royale, they are doing one right now for Valentine's Day and are offering Zeno Clash, Hoard, Lume, and Soulcaster 1 & 2.

14. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Most, if not all, Gamestops are now having a 75% off all GameBoy Advance games. However, this only works in store, not online.

15. Lord Bravery

Lord Bravery Member

This isn't really a deal, but just a heads up. All GameStops are no longer accepting GameCube games, accessories, and consoles for trade after April 2nd.

16. Shift

Shift Brave Warrior of the Sea

Not like you'd get more than $5 for any one thing, anyway...

17. MDawg

A new Humble Bundle is up. This time featuring a selection of Android games, which you also get Windows and Mac versions of along with Steam keys for said games if you pay more than $1 for your purchase.

Of note is that the Android version of Canabalt is exclusive to this bundle for the time being. It's a great little game if you've never played it. Can be infuriating and enjoyable in the span of mere moments.

18. Anyone00

Anyone00 The Moltar-Snork

I have three Steam coupons for 50% off Might and Magic Heroes VI (a game I already have) that are good through April 1: does anyone want one of them?

19. Lord Bravery

Lord Bravery Member

GameStop has Buy 2 Get 1 on DS games, PSP games, and GameCube games. They're each separate deals, though, so you can't get one of each.

20. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Sin & Punishment: Star Successor for the Wii is only $5 from Best Buy (evidence). It's a solid shooter, well worth it for any owner of the system.